User Avatar Image

Legend of Zelda Megathread - Adoring Fan Edition

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 4.6K users

I thought we should have a thread to discuss the Legend of Zelda games, especially with Skyward Sword so close!

782 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @GuruGuru214 said: I know the game well enough by now that I really only need the Lens of Truth to reach the one invisible moving platform in the Shadow Temple, to navigate the room outside the boss room, to fight Bongo Bongo, to follow the Spirit Guide, and to get through the Shadow Barrier in Ganon's Castle. And Ocarina of Time 3D makes this easier, as the Hookshot's laser dot changes when it lands on a grapple point.

There's a lot of good in that 3DS version though. Personally I like the gyroscope controls a lot. After I use the circle pad to line up my shot with say the slingshot, I can use the motion controls to fine tune it or catch up quickly with an enemy who's decided to skedaddle at the last minute.

Then there's the 3D, which I think is lovely, bar the one bit at the entrance to Zora's domain which makes me go cross-eyed.

The hand-holding didn't annoy me a lot cos I didn't play the original enough to notice, bar the obvious Shiekah Stone thingy, which I was free to ignore. I remembered Navi was annoying, but that was it, so all her extra hints and tips were unnoticed by me.

• My contribution to this will be a post detailing how awful the OC Remix 25th Anniversary Album is. Coming soon.

• @JedExodus said: There's a lot of good in that 3DS version though. Personally I like the gyroscope controls a lot. After I use the circle pad to line up my shot with say the slingshot, I can use the motion controls to fine tune it or catch up quickly with an enemy who's decided to skedaddle at the last minute.

I was actually showing someone how the gyro controls worked in the Fire Temple, heard flapping, swiveled around and took out a Keese on pure, unbridled instinct. I tell ya, that felt good.

• Gyro controls + Swiveling rocking chair=awesomeness.

• wow just wow i am into more of jurassic park games iand war games nothing like this, an army of velociraptors vs link, i pick the army of velociraptors, link will eventually get out smarted and get eaten

• @Shadowknight1 said: I was actually showing someone how the gyro controls worked in the Fire Temple, heard flapping, swiveled around and took out a Keese on pure, unbridled instinct. I tell ya, that felt good.

Hah! That sounds pretty feckin' boss! Who said motion controls are a gimmick eh?

@Shadowknight1 said: wow just wow i am into more of jurassic park games iand war games nothing like this, an army of velociraptors vs link, i pick the army of velociraptors, link will eventually get out smarted and get eaten

Very good.

• @DAISHI said: My contribution to this will be a post detailing how awful the OC Remix 25th Anniversary Album is. Coming soon.

I will confirm that the Official 25th Anniversary Album that comes with the Skyward Sword bundle is very good indeed.

• I want it more than the game, at times.

The game is sitting until Christmas, when I can play it nonstop.

• @JedExodus said: There's a lot of good in that 3DS version though. Personally I like the gyroscope controls a lot. After I use the circle pad to line up my shot with say the slingshot, I can use the motion controls to fine tune it or catch up quickly with an enemy who's decided to skedaddle at the last minute.

Yep, I can agree with this for the most part. My only issue with it is that aiming with the circle pad is too slow, so if your shot isn't already nearly lined up, aiming can be a little annoying. But for the first part, I could see speed run times drop significantly for this version of the game.

Then there's the 3D, which I think is lovely, bar the one bit at the entrance to Zora's domain which makes me go cross-eyed.

Honestly, it all makes me go cross-eyed. I try it every once in a while, but I almost always leave it off.

• @GuruGuru214 said: Yep, I can agree with this for the most part. My only issue with it is that aiming with the circle pad is too slow, so if your shot isn't already nearly lined up, aiming can be a little annoying. But for the first part, I could see speed run times drop significantly for this version of the game.

Honestly, it all makes me go cross-eyed. I try it every once in a while, but I almost always leave it off.

I found using the gyroscope aiming made the horseback archery a heck of a lot easier.

And I've also noticed that each person tends to react to the 3D effects differently. Some people are just fine with it all the way up, some people can't have it on without getting a headache.

Add Comment