User Avatar Image

Common JP Problems/Solutions

posted by TonsOfChocobo on - last edited - Viewed by 5.5K users

Let's consolidate solutions to common problems mentioned here so far. Add more fixes if you know of any.

-Frame Rate is lagging
In the graphics settings, lower the Shadow quality to Low and/or turn off the DoF option. This appears to be a graphics card issue on certain ATI cards.

-Mouse pointer randomly goes missing during Exploration sequences
Close the game and reopen it.

-Game goes back to main menu after completing a scenario
The game will only progress during a Load playthough. If you are playing using the Scenario option, the game will reset to the menu after completion, as was intended.

-Game won't start up again after exiting.
Open the Task Manager and look for the game in the Processes tab. Select it and hit End Process. Try starting game again.

-Certain Achievements not activating
Some achievements must be obtained through a Load playthrough and won't activate if playing on Scenario.

70 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Is it no solution for the frame rate lagging problem on PS3 version?
    Please help, thank you.

• the mouse disapearing was annoying especially the moment i had 10 seconds to pick up something using a click and slide movement

• @TonsOfChocobo said: Let's consolidate solutions to common problems mentioned here so far. Add more fixes if you know of any.

-Frame Rate is lagging
    In the graphics settings, lower the Shadow quality to Low and/or turn off the DoF option. This appears to be a graphics card issue on certain ATI cards.

-Mouse pointer randomly goes missing during Exploration sequences
    Close the game and reopen it.

-Game goes back to main menu after completing a scenario
    The game will only progress during a Load playthough. If you are playing using the Scenario option, the game will reset to the menu after completion, as was intended.

-Game won't start up again after exiting.
    Open the Task Manager and look for the game in the Processes tab. Select it and hit End Process. Try starting game again.

-Certain Achievements not activating
    Some achievements must be obtained through a Load playthrough and won't activate if playing on Scenario.

No offence, but those are rather workarounds than actual fixes.

• So I just bought the game on the steam sale and this is what I see when I load the game up
    http://imgur.com/r47Np
    Complete back out with no way to change any graphics settings.

• Are your drivers up to date, and you meet the minimum system requirements for the game?

• @TonsOfChocobo said: -Frame Rate is lagging

Michael Parks, are Telltale working on a fix for this? I bought the game on Steam today and the stuttering bothers me a lot. Lowering the settings helps, but I would prefer play through the game on maximum settings.

My PC is more than enough for the game and I get 60 FPS at all times (obviously excluding the sudden pauses/stutter when it drops to 0 for like 1 or 2 seconds).

Windows 7, 64-bit
    7 2600 @ 3.4GHz
    Gigabyte HD6850 1GB
    GA-P67A-UD4-B3
    G.Skill DDR3 8GB 1600MHz

• sorry I bought the game but can not find someone can tell me where

• Ok, so when I downloaded I started the game, but as soon as it started the game exited itself, Can anyone help me?

• Just bought this game off of Steam, but when I changed the resolution it suddenly crashed on me. I'm assuming that the resolutions I switched to wasn't compatible with my computer, but now whenever I try to restart the game it immediately crashes. With no way to get into the game to switch the resolution I'm now stuck. Even when I uninstalled and reinstalled it gives me the same error. What am I supposed to do now? There was another post that listed a manual way to fix it, but I can't find the files mentioned to do so.

• Hi, I'm new to the forums

Not a crippling problem, but it is minorly anoying. I have the pc version and I'm using a gamepad. When I pause the game and it goes to the menu, I am not able to use the gamepad to chose an option. It's kinda annoying, and I'm wondering if there is a way to change this. any help would be wonderful, thanks!

Add Comment