User Avatar Image

Legend of Zelda Megathread - Adoring Fan Edition

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 4.6K users

I thought we should have a thread to discuss the Legend of Zelda games, especially with Skyward Sword so close!

782 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I am thankfully among the people that can view it max with no problems.

As for SS, on the 4th dungeon I believe. Love just searching around and upgrading my gear.

• By the way, Skyward Sword players. If you plan on tackling the Hero Mode, before finishing your game, get a crap-load of the spoils, you know, Ancient Flowers and Amber Relics and so forth. Those carry over into the Hero Mode file!

• Finished Ocarina of Time for the second time in the last week. Now there's nothing to keep me from Majora's Mask. Except about the three or so hours I'm about to spend away from my room.

• @GuruGuru214 said: Finished Ocarina of Time for the second time in the last week. Now there's nothing to keep me from Majora's Mask. Except about the three or so hours I'm about to spend away from my room.

Is this a 100% playthrough of Majora's Mask?

• Other than Heart Containers, yes. 100% Bomber's Notebook, the Fierce Deity Mask, and all bottles and upgrades. And I'll do it in eight cycles or less.

• Currently playing Skyward Sword. (Since that's what a lot of people on this forum are doing!)

It is so freakishly huge. I mean, I just bought the game two weeks ago, and STILL haven't completed it yet. These places are freaking huge... particularly the dungeons, some of which are as big as the Arsenal Mall, where I do my weekly walking routine!

I'm currently at the Levias quest. I had no idea that this game has this many eyeball bosses!

• @Shadowknight1 said: By the way, Skyward Sword players. If you plan on tackling the Hero Mode, before finishing your game, get a crap-load of the spoils, you know, Ancient Flowers and Amber Relics and so forth. Those carry over into the Hero Mode file!

What's the difference between hero mode and normal because I'm getting near the end of the game and am just curious what to expect on the second play-through.

• @gamer247 said: What's the difference between hero mode and normal because I'm getting near the end of the game and am just curious what to expect on the second play-through.

All the differences I've noticed:
    -Some of the character dialog acknowledges that you're playing in Hero Mode, so they won't always tell you the freaking obvious. Except for Fi. There's a 95% probability that her comments will be less helpful in a second playthrough.

-All bugs and loot used for upgrades that are in Link's equipment at the end of the game when you decide to engage Hero Mode will be carried over to that save, which will allow you to upgrade your early items quicker. For example, I upgraded my Wooden Shield before even leaving Skyloft, and I went back to Skyloft soon after getting the Slingshot and upgraded to the Scattershot. If I'd have had tumbleweeds, then I would've maxed out my shields ASAP. Good hint for you. Grab lots of tumbleweeds.

-When you get the Goddess Sword, the Skyward Strike is powered up and charges faster.

-Enemies now do double damage, meaning that any enemy that took a single heart now takes two.

-Add to that the fact that you WILL NOT find a single heart ANYWHERE unless you get a Heart Medal. Potions are Link's best friend in the Hero Mode.

-You also get the chance to skip cutscenes by pressing 2 when they start. You know. If you want to.

I don't know if there's anything else, but I hope this helps! :D

ALSO, FAIR WARNING! If you wish to retain your current, "Hey, I beat the game but haven't gotten everything" file, you WILL need to copy it in order to not have the Hero Mode file overwrite it. It's...not quite as graceful a system as Wind Waker's "second quest".

EDIT: Just found another interesting thing. Anyone that's decided to ask Fi about the enemy weakness knows that she also keeps a count of how many of each enemy type you've defeated. This count carries over as well. For example, I just ran into the Lizalfos that awaits you in the Earth Temple. First Lizalfos the game throws at you. Fi tells me I've killed 13. Take that for what it's worth.

• I miss 2D Zelda. And Skyward Sword feels like it was made 10 years ago, and not in a good, nostalgic way. More of a "Have they been living under a rock for a decade? Who designs a game like this anymore?" way.

• @SHODANFreeman said: I miss 2D Zelda.

@SHODANFreeman said: And Skyward Sword feels like it was made 10 years ago, and not in a good, nostalgic way.

Pick one.

Add Comment