User Avatar Image

Jurassic Park The Game: Review thread - post your impressions here!

posted by waroftheworlds01 on - last edited - Viewed by 17.7K users

The release date for the game is finally here and I'm sure everyone will be dieing to voice their opinions on the game as well as post reviews from other websites. Instead of having thousands of post with different reviews, I figured it would be easier to have one thread dedicated to Jurassic Park reviews.

I haven't been able to play it yet but I will be posting seperate reviews for each episode here as I finish them.

So if anyone wants to share their opinon after finally getting to play the game, or want to share links to reviews of the game from other website here's a great thread to do it.

And, of course, try to use those Spoiler tabs when needed!!!

432 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Faceslasher said: Jurassic Park Modern Warfare from Activision and Sledgehammer games.

Be glad it isn't that.

I can't say I am glad it isn't that, because that might have been at least realistic, and not a stupid cartoon.

Something along the lines of Dead Space, but played in open world Isla Nublar, would have been scary as hell, and awesome.

• I just finished Jurassic Park: The Game in 3 days and I must say that was one the best games I had ever played! The ending was epic and I started freaking at the end because I knew what would happen to Gerry if I failed (I got to the boat).

Over all game: 10/10
    Story telling: 10/10
    Graphics: 9.5/10
    Sound: 10/10
    Bugginess: 1/10 (thats good)
    Puzzles: 8/10
    Death Scenes :D : 10/10!

THANK YOU TELLTALE FOR THIS GAME! Cannot wait to see more from you guys!

• I enjoyed it, few things:

Little glitch's, though they made me laugh, like someone knife sticking out of their arm...
    Something i noticed, more to the end of it is how the music changes between choices, its very sudden and noticeable.
    Only took a day to play, basic, no rushing, aiming for gold.
    Loved the story, i've always wanted a view of Jurassic Park from behind ^_^
    Overal, 7/10. :) I enjoyed it, worth my money :D

• @nanotyrano said: I just finished Jurassic Park: The Game in 3 days and I must say that was one the best games I had ever played! The ending was epic and I started freaking at the end because I knew what would happen to Gerry if I failed (I got to the boat).

Over all game: 10/10
    Story telling: 10/10
    Graphics: 9.5/10
    Sound: 10/10
    Bugginess: 1/10 (thats good)
    Puzzles: 8/10
    Death Scenes :D : 10/10!

THANK YOU TELLTALE FOR THIS GAME! Cannot wait to see more from you guys!

You work for Telltale!!!

• @jpark_08 said: You work for Telltale!!!

Or maybe simply he is a big Jurassic park fan...and appreciate what Telltale did for us :)

• Welp I got banned, took long enough. I'm done with this forum, clearly no one wants me here.

• what is the magic word in jurassic park

• I just finished the game and I must say, I am so incredibly impressed with it! Here is a review of it:

Story 10/10!
    The story was fantastic! It flowed well, it fit the movie universe very well. It ties aspects of both the novel and movie, which is like candy to fans of both, very well and adds more to the JP movie universe. It also gives answers to some of the questions the first film left behind which is greatly welcomed and appreciated.

Graphics 7.5/10
    The graphics are by no means MW3 or Assassins Creed level graphics, but they are not completely horrid. They are good graphics, but I must say the facial expressions could have use work, and the shadows can be pixelated at some points. However, the people and dinosaurs look amazing! Very good considering how small Telltale is as a company

Sound 7.5/10
    The sounds were just like the graphics, great but they did have some issues. At some points, the music works perfectly! At other points, it seemed to stand out awkwardly and out of place. Plus some errors, like no metal clicking when some of the characters walked on metal flooring. The voice acting is outstanding! The dialog is
    excellent, though it has some issues with seeming rushed, but this only occurs a few times. Not the best, but overall, impressive.

Gamplay 6.5/10 (PC) 8.5/10 (Xbox 360)
    If you have a PC version, its buggy and not the best. Also, the medal achievement section felt unnecessary and added more frustration than enjoyment to the game. It could very well use an update or two to help improve it, but overall it wasn't too bad. If you have a Xbox 360 version, FAR BETTER! Very few bugs, fits the controller scheme well (some points the LB and RB can get mixed up), and makes it enjoyable! The medal achievement, in some sections, worked very well with the Xbox achievement and gamepoint system (again, can be frustrating). One major flaw for any version of the game though is the buttons in the QTE never change. Instead of being prepared for some random button, all one has to do is memorize the button sequence which takes away from the gameplay and makes it boring at times.

Overall 8.5/10 (Xbox 360) and 8/10 (PC)

Both versions are buggy and and some issues, but overall it is a VERY good experience and largely underrated! The gameplay can be stale, frustrating, and boring, but it does make the game fun, original, and new! Sound and graphics are great, not the best, but great, and the story makes it feel like a true JP experience! If you are a diehard fan, this game is a must! If not, at least try it out and see for yourself.

Add Comment