158 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @RaventheBlack said: The fact was the telltall reviews were early on as to promote and boost game sales when in fact it was done by the people who work for or made the game itself,Thats like john hammond giving his park a 10/10 rating before the people look at the rating then go in the park there only to find out...they got eaten.Thats just bad business practice,and by all means i have to point out:

Were the Telltall people who reviewed these game even gamers?

When i say gamer im talking about someone who played games like final fantasy,or resident evil,games that are both punishing yet rewarding.
    Something that comes both as an adventure yet a challange.

Well then since Jurassic park the game isnt a game and dubbed more an interactive movie,then i must rate as a movie.

And as a movie then im gonna admit,it was bad,Hey yeah before you start writing those negative comments below in responace to this i'm gonna tell you both as a game and or as a movie this Jurassic spin was not good.

There was no major surprises,most the game you were just pressing buttons to sneak around or run away from the dinosaurs,aside from only 2 dinosaurs everything is trying to murder you,there was very little suspence or magic feel to it compared to the other 3 movies,and the ending itself was a toned down version of the third movie,you escape the rex jump in a boat and drive off...im sorry but theres no epicness there at all.

The game was only 4 hours long,and again most of it your just running away or sneaking around dinosaurs,if again this game was an interactive movie i wouldnt consider it anything like the other 3 movies,the dinosaurs didnt even act like animals they acted like ravenous monsters.

I am a gamer i have played mario,sonic,megaman,metroid,and years of gaming
    I have a right to say what Telltall did was offensive,and i have a right to say when i dont enjoy something,when people brought those ratings down on them,it wasnt because of what Telltall games did its because their gamers,they know videogames and i know videogames and when something doesnt feel right we make it known to the public,when aliens vs predator came out for the ps3 and 360 i let it known the game was bad because it was too scripted and even worst then the pc counterpart with shorter gameplay,same can be said of jurassic park.

I actually enjoyed this game up until after the whole Nedry/embryo scavenging part,but everything after that felt blant...and tasteless like a "B" Grade monster movie,and again i know my movies as mentioned earlier im familar with classics as early as star wars,alien,jaws,terminator,so if anyone wants to call me out on this im gonna think your a closet case,the simple truth is whether it was a a game or a movie,jurassic park the game was a short unthrilling experience nothing like the movies,its something you rent and return.

Now does Telltale games deserve the harsh backlash it got from people who actually went out,spent money and played this game?The answer is yes.

Does Telltall games deserve the harsh treatment it got from Metacritic and 1-up for their actions of voluntarily having people within their own company pose as gamers whom quote:"Should have never never played the game beforehand till recently and are having a review based on their gamer experience and whether or not the game was enjoyable along with its advantages and its downfalls?"
    Then the answer is also yes,they failed to mention any of its flaws and their not true reviewers,they are there to boost the game popularity which in turn affects its sales.The recent big price drop on the game speaks for itself.

I agree telltale are a company full of fanboys who get in a piss if they face the facts im glad you put what you think and not something to make everyone agree with you.

Oh and the bttf game was just like this, it had no action and the graphics were shit.

• Reviewing your own pretty bad game in order to sell more copies is dishonest, lame, and worthy of fines.

• @Johro said: If you're under 25, forgive me for this....

...but Nintendo did a whole bunch of garbage while experimenting. They had games that froze, crashed, just plain didn't work, sports games with wrong colors, tons of typos, broken dialog etc etc etc while they brought out novelty trash just to make money. Nintendo was actually a really bad example of your point for an up and coming company.

It took Nintendo about 10 years to get their quality down pat(and I mean a seamless game for the time...they still put out bad games), granted they were innovating(and stealing) technology and Telltale is kind of trying to play catch-up while doing their own thing, it's not the same scenario. However, yes, Nintendo DID release products knowing full well they weren't "quality". Sometimes you just have to do your best at what you want to try.

Excuse me? Could you give an example of a Nintendo PRODUCED game that was broken? Nintendo themselves, not just a game on a Nintendo system?

Also, STOLEN technology? Since f-ing when? You want thieves, I suggest you redirect your eyes towards Sony.

Now, I am NOT going to say that everything Nintendo does is gold. They've made some odd choices over the years. Releasing the DSiXL a couple of months before the announcement of the 3DS was one. And surely I don't need to bring up R.O.B. or the Virtual Boy.

• I said broken dialog. And as for glitches and bugs, pick any title released before SMB3. As for reputation, look it up, in the early days they had a habit of firing or not hiring people and keeping "ideas". Okay, not technology as a tangible object, but design, thoughts, artwork. Keep in mind this was before you signed your life away to a company. A lot of people were not paid for contributions...especially before games had credits. Fairly common practise at the time...but still, it wasn't moral.

...and no, Sony isn't any better... even today. Want to pick on a company with a real shady past, Samsung or Panasonic....not game developers I know... but... awful history...and I like Samsung products..sad sad.

I'm not a fanboy either. I'm not partial to either Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft. I have owned a Wii, PS3, and XBOX360. They got my money, I can pick on them :P

• @Johro said: I said broken dialog. And as for glitches and bugs, pick any title released before SMB3. As for reputation, look it up, in the early days they had a habit of firing or not hiring people and keeping "ideas". Okay, not technology as a tangible object, but design, thoughts, artwork. Keep in mind this was before you signed your life away to a company. A lot of people were not paid for contributions...especially before games had credits. Fairly common practise at the time...but still, it wasn't moral.

...and no, Sony isn't any better... even today. Want to pick on a company with a real shady past, Samsung or Panasonic....not game developers I know... but... awful history...and I like Samsung products..sad sad.

I'm not a fanboy either. I'm not partial to either Nintendo, Sony or Microsoft. I have owned a Wii, PS3, and XBOX360. They got my money, I can pick on them :P

Every game has glitches. No doubts about that. Sometimes graphical, sometimes game-breaking.

And at least Nintendo hasn't begun intentionally screwing over a good portion of their fans by cancelling two games with one of their biggest mascots and releasing what should've been DLC as a full-on retail release without giving a download option and rebooting a franchise that was in no need of a reboot. **** you Capcom. **** you.

• @Johro said: If you're under 25, forgive me for this....

...but Nintendo did a whole bunch of garbage while experimenting. They had games that froze, crashed, just plain didn't work, sports games with wrong colors, tons of typos, broken dialog etc etc etc while they brought out novelty trash just to make money. Nintendo was actually a really bad example of your point for an up and coming company.

It took Nintendo about 10 years to get their quality down pat(and I mean a seamless game for the time...they still put out bad games), granted they were innovating(and stealing) technology and Telltale is kind of trying to play catch-up while doing their own thing, it's not the same scenario. However, yes, Nintendo DID release products knowing full well they weren't "quality". Sometimes you just have to do your best at what you want to try.

I think this is a little bit off-topic, and I don’t see the point, except saying that 20 years ago, games were full of glitches, which is true (and obvious). And everything had to be invented back then. And I’m not 25 yet (24 :D), but I’m aware of it. But it’s got nothing to do with what I’m talking about, in fact. I’m not talking about the "old" gaming industry, about Nintendo making gaming cards (or even Game&Watch). My point is simple : it’s ok to try to bend the rules once you master them. Telltale hasn’t made its "perfect" adventure game yet, mainly because of the structure, rush, and many flaws in the writing. Instead of flushing away elemental gameplay routines, they should first focus in their real flaws. Jurassic Park makes Telltale look like Fantasia’s "The Sorcerer's Apprentice" to me.

• @generalcabdriver45 said: I agree telltale are a company full of fanboys who get in a piss if they face the facts im glad you put what you think and not something to make everyone agree with you.

Oh and the bttf game was just like this, it had no action and the graphics were shit.

I agree on the fanboys part and the graphics being shit but saying there was no action is not true, sure it was not as epic as the films but I loved the two deloreans chasing eachover and having to connect the satellite dish things!!!

(and im off topic... sorry)

• @Johro said: I said broken dialog. And as for glitches and bugs, pick any title released before SMB3. As for reputation, look it up, in the early days they had a habit of firing or not hiring people and keeping "ideas". Okay, not technology as a tangible object, but design, thoughts, artwork. Keep in mind this was before you signed your life away to a company. A lot of people were not paid for contributions...especially before games had credits. Fairly common practise at the time...but still, it wasn't moral.

Any game before SMB3? Huh? SMB3 had bugs but the ones before it were not unplayable due to bugs. SMB, Zelda, Metroid, all of these games were pretty good actually. No game ending glitches either.

• The wholeeeeeeee point was that companies DO release games they don't feel are perfect. Okay? Whether it's Sony, Nintendo, Telltale. They do what they can with the time, resources, people allotted. Since we're talking JP, on PC with the controller(the primary intended method), I encountered zero problems with the game(aside from the 2 dialogue repetitions in episode 1). Music cued perfectly, dialogue matched, no button issues, no animation problems. Was the game great? No. Did it work great? Yes.

• Absolutely. But remember that you’re the one who talked about bugs, while it was totally unrelated. I’m glad now you agree that it was, indeed, uncalled for.

Add Comment