User Avatar Image

ios5 crashing - any update?

posted by mjdalways on - last edited - Viewed by 896 users

Puzzle Agent crashes on ios 5 - it's been over a week - I saw a thread that said you are aware of it, but no update - can you tell me is it going to be soon (a few days, a week, a month) ?

I've paid for the app but cant use it and its a little frustrating.

Thanks for any update.......

14 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • For anyone else interested in this, I received the following reply from support:

"I apologize for the inconvenience. An update for the iOS5 issue is currently under review with Apple and we expect it to hit the App Store very soon."

So no longer in Telltale's hands, and hopefully available shortly...

• Yup have the same crash. Will keep an eye on the App Store...

• Any further updates? I, too, have been waiting ever since iOS 5 came out!

Has Apple rejected the update? Has it really been submitted? I'd love to finish Puzzle Agent on my iPhone before I even consider getting Puzzle Agent 2.

• Frustrated! Just bought Puzzle Agent after their Black Friday deal, and it crashes and doesn't want to open. However, Puzzle Agent 2 seems to be okay.
    Has there been an update. I want to play them in sequence!

• The patch for this was released to Apple yesterday. It's in their hands now so I can't give an exact release time for it, but we expect it to be hitting the App Store very soon. I apologize for the inconvenience.

• So it was a lie when you said on 10/25 that it had been already submitted to Apple? Or did they reject it and you have to resubmit, in which case wouldnt it have been good customer service to update us on this?

• No, of course it wasn't a lie. There were two different patches for two different Puzzle Agent SKUs, and the iPhone SKU was delayed. This was communicated through the item description in the App Store, and I also responded to your support emails multiple times.

Again, the patch for the iPhone version was pushed to Apple, and I cannot offer you information beyond that because it's out of our hands now. We expect the patch to hit the store soon, but it depends on how fast Apple can push it through.

• Puzzle Agent for iPhone now supports iOS 5.

• @Alan Johnson said: Puzzle Agent for iPhone now supports iOS 5.

What about iPad? I installed the Lite version on my iPad 2 w/ iOS 5 to see whether I like the game, but unfortunately it crashes. The effect is that I briefly see the splash screen, then the screen goes white and then the game is closed and I'm returned to the Home screen. Any ETA on the fix for the iPad version?

• The full version of the game works fine in iOS5. Unfortunately, a patch hasn't been pushed to Apple for the Lite version yet, and I don't have an ETA on when that will happen. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Add Comment