User Avatar Image

Jurassic Park The Game: Review thread - post your impressions here!

posted by waroftheworlds01 on - last edited - Viewed by 16.5K users

The release date for the game is finally here and I'm sure everyone will be dieing to voice their opinions on the game as well as post reviews from other websites. Instead of having thousands of post with different reviews, I figured it would be easier to have one thread dedicated to Jurassic Park reviews.

I haven't been able to play it yet but I will be posting seperate reviews for each episode here as I finish them.

So if anyone wants to share their opinon after finally getting to play the game, or want to share links to reviews of the game from other website here's a great thread to do it.

And, of course, try to use those Spoiler tabs when needed!!!

432 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • First of all; I love Telltale Games. They have quite a name for themselves and almost all is well deserved.

Jurassic Park is an excellent license especially since it allows them to use the sound effects. The game engine may be aging, but I was quite impressed what they achieved with the pier scene in the beginning for example. Still all fun and games.

I bought the game for the PC first and started playing. Using the keyboard was an option, but a laughable at best. Luckily I own an XBox 360 controller and I tried that. Also not the best of experiences since the QTE controls seem arbitrary. Standing op with the LB and RB buttons made me and my mates laugh. I don't think that was the effect one would want to achieve with the on-screen action.

Later I got an iPad (yay!). I again paid a certain amount in te App Store, no argument there, that's my choice.

I started playing again. I was amazed. All of the control issues were simply non existent. Even from the running start (pun intended) I managed to hit every single QTE. Pan and turn the camera? All very natural.

My problem with all of this is this. This is not a PC nor an console game. It was obviously designed for an multitouch device (iPad 2). In your Gamasutra interview you expressed the desire to go big for mobile devices. I get that and it is smart move.

But if you make a game for a specific platform and it pretty much sucks on others then you're milking it. I'm assuming the intake from mobile is far less than other platforms so I get that too.

This product is not fairly priced for the PC platform. I actually feel burned for buying it on the PC, but am happy to buy the additional episodes on the iPad.

I hope that in the future you'll be more forward about which platform is your lead SKU.

• Just an fyi gameinformer gave JP:TG a 5.5 out of 10.

• @SeanJP said: Just an fyi gameinformer gave JP:TG a 5.5 out of 10.

Just an fyi I dont trust reviewers. I play games based off my opinion.

• Just an fyi there's already a thread for talking about impressions of the game. (Sorry, couldn't resist :P)

Edit: In case it wasn't obvious I posted this before the thread was merged.

• I love Telltale. I love the way they brought back Monkey Island and I love how it worked out. I love Sam & Max, Back to the Future, Bone.

Jurassic Park: The "Game" is the worst "game" I've "played" in the last decade. Refer to PC "Gamer" review. Could've written it myself. Without the wit. Indeed there's more entertainment in the PC "Gamer" review than in the "game" itself.

@SheepWillPrevail said: I hope that in the future you'll be more forward about which platform is your lead SKU.

I agree with everything you say except one thing: It should not be necessary to let us know which platform is the lead SKU. There should not be a lead SKU. If you release a game for a certain platform, that game should be as good as it can be on that platform. People who buy the PC version don't give a toss about the iPad version. Taking an iPad app and porting it to PC, which is obviously what's happened here, and not changing anything about it is not good.

And this is before we get to the real issue here: It's crap. Where's the game part?

Telltale, pray tell, what happened? You actually got to the point where people could buy your titles without much research because we knew they would be good. Not anymore.

• @nanotyrano said: I just finished Jurassic Park: The Game in 3 days and I must say that was one the best games I had ever played!

Was the last game you played by any chance called "PacMan"? I really don't get it. How you can give 8/10 to puzzles when there aren't any is particularly interesting.

• @Snugglecakes said: Was the last game you played by any chance called "PacMan"? I really don't get it. How you can give 8/10 to puzzles when there aren't any is particularly interesting.

hahaha, that is funny. The game was awful. Gamepro gave it a 5.5 and that was one of the better reviews....they said it best. The movie, which was made almost 20 years ago, still looks BETTER then the game !!!!

• @dionne said: Played JP for Mac. Didn't experience any game probs. Loved the characterization--best I've seen in any game. The negative is the facial expressions aren't true to the emotion. Maybe some LA Noire magic to remedy that in future games. Still, I was impressed with the cast of characters and range of personality types, as well as the voice acting and storyline.

As for gameplay,it was different, of course, more action-oriented, which I do not enjoy, but the actions were easy, something hard-core action lovers probably hated. I would have liked to have seen more puzzles.

Music was wonderful.

9/10

Really ????????? The best characterization you have seen in any game ???? I love how you then throw in LA Noire. You realize that was a huge multi million dollar game

• Snugglecakes & usnusa2003: fine, you didn't like the game but there's no need to have a go at people that did.

• @corruptbiggins said: Snugglecakes & usnusa2003: fine, you didn't like the game but there's no need to have a go at people that did.

No, I know, I couldn't resist sorry :D

Add Comment