User Avatar Image

Introduce Yourself!

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 76.8K users

Just about every forum I've seen has had an introduction thread, and with the new licenses bringing in so many new faces, I feel ours should be no exception. This thread is for new members to introduce themselves and say hello. If you guys like, it can also be for old members to introduce themselves to the new members.

And yes, I'm aware that we already had this thread two months ago, but after the way that one went, I felt a blank slate was in order.

Well! Guess I'll get the ball rolling!

Greetings! I'm GuruGuru214, though most call me Guru. I've been here for around a year and a half, and at the moment I believe I have the 5th highest post count among active posters (behind Avistew, Rather Dashing, Jake, and Irishmile). This means that I talk a lot but not necessarily that I have a lot to say. :D Needless to say, I could very well be the mod who spends the most time on here.

I also started the longest running thread on the forums back before my modship, which is something that fills me with both pride and shame, depending on what's going on in there at any given time.

I've been a gamer for as long as I can remember and own every Nintendo console there is.

th_DSC03361.jpg

See? I also own the full Telltale library, with the exception of Texas Hold'em. Once a year, you'll find me running the Great Monkey Island Race and the Great Sam & Max Race, a speed run competition through every game in each series and a whole lot of fun. Other times, you might find me on other crazy exploits, like running the entire Kingdom Hearts series in chronological order, or cataloging my game collection and then attempting to beat all the games I never finished.

I like to think I'm easy to get along with, as long as you're a reasonable person. Don't look for trouble and we should get along just fine.

Welcome to Telltale! Enjoy your stay and don't cross me! :D

317 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • This is Bill Cosby! Well actually, my name is Michael. I first discovered Telltale through Tales of Monkey Island and I like what I see-er... played. I really like the Back to the Future game and Jeriatric- um... well that's JURASSIC Park as well (so far. I still haven't finished it).

• i am bloodkiller630, but people call me bloodkiller, i use this as my ps3 account mostly, i am really curious about when i am asking questions, and will lol ask the most ridiculous questions ever, just because i am curious what people have to say, i just want everyones opinion on those questions that i may have, and of course i love to post fun threads if i can think of some, also, i would give my game ideas in full detail if i have too, i joined a week before jurassic park the game came out, a really big jurassic park fan, but watched the movies, really wanting to read the novels:) well this is just the way i am, a curious guy

• I am the last of a rare breed known as the Nathaniel Gardners. I am also the original model. I enjoy Sam and Max, SCUD: The Disposable Assassin, The Goon, Fizzball, Steve Purcell in general, and Telltale games. Also I have a fixation on the games of Edmund McMillen.

And I'm jealous of everyone else's artistic talent on this site.

• Hello everyone. I'm JurassicFan. I am a fan of Jurassic Park and just about everything else that has to do with dinosaurs.

• I am mrmoja and have a problem! What is the magic word in jurassic park?

• @Tora Newton Y. said: Oh gosh I'm not very good at these, but I thought I'd post one anyway. Hello!

I was introduced to Sam & Max by one of my best friends, so I bought all three seasons over the summer during a Steam sale. I loved seasons 1 and 2 but after playing The Devil's Playhouse I absolutely fell in love with the entire franchise, and have since bought the Freelance Police Animated Series DVD set, the Surfin' the Highway book, Jared Emerson-Johnson's amazing soundtracks and... Devil's Playhouse again, for the collector's DVD. Loved the commentary!
    I also have Poker Night at the Inventory on Steam. Once I get a new computer so that I'll have more space, I plan on playing Back to the Future and Puzzle Agent!
    Oh, and I've become a fan of the incredible Kid Beyond and his music too! I bought his EP today and am really excited for his full-length album!

I'm an art student for cartooning and animation, but I draw tons of fan art, so I'll probably end up posting some of that!

Hmm... that's all, I s'pose! Glad to be here among you lovely TellTale folks! :D

Where you get teh soundtracks from? I look everywhere, but no soundtrack:(

• @lovetodo22 said: Where you get teh soundtracks from? I look everywhere, but no soundtrack:(

Alas, Telltale cleared out their existing soundtracks and has made no promises to create new ones. I hope to see them again someday, too.

• @WarpSpeed said: Alas, Telltale cleared out their existing soundtracks and has made no promises to create new ones. I hope to see them again someday, too.

AS WELL AS THE SKETCHBOOKS, HMM!!! Sam and Max is the only series I know of that seems to hate making money, since almost all of the Sam and Max merch is LE. And if you insist on making something LE, for crissakes don't allow more than one of each per customer.

• Hi everyone! I'm Doggleganger. Like all personas here, I'm a hardcore gamer! I started playing PC games when I was 6, and my first game was a FPS. My first game was Duke Nukem 3D (probably the reason why I like to play even FPS today). My first Telltale game was Abe Lincoln Must Die, I got it from a CD that came with a gaming magazine. And my favorite franchise actually is Sam & Max. So yeah. My hobbies are sport shooting, programming, karate, jumpstyle, shuffle, painting, music, singing etc. I'm not sure why, but where I live, other kids think it's strange when a girl does programming. I think it's completely normal; and yes, I'm a computer geek. I'm a creative being. I'm good at drawing and creating music (in FL Studio). I played piano, but I got bored at it. I wasn't actually good at piano at all. Now I want an acoustic guitar! And plushie Max! :D My favorite colors are black and a mixture of blue and violet hue color. Ma music selection is rock, nu-metal, pop, techno, electro, house, dubstep and jumpstyle. My favorite music artists are Linkin Park, Simple Plan, System Of A Down, Green Day, Eminem and Evanescence. I'm from Croatia and I study English at school. I also know German, Macedonian and Slovenian. I think of myself as an unique child, whose life dream is to become a singer or a computer science teacher. I kinda have to go to my sport shooting training, so I'll see you later. Bye! :cool:

• Hello everyone............
    I am Malaya and i am newbie in this forum.Join to say hello to all.Glad to be a part of this forum.
    Hope i stay and enjoy in this forum.
    Thanks.

Add Comment