User Avatar Image

Remake Jurassic Park and The Lost World (with Spielberg as Producer)

posted by Chariloe on - last edited - Viewed by 6.8K users

Somebody started a campaign that could actually be successful, but we need more people to participate.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Remake-Jurassic-Park-and-The-Lost-World-with-Spielberg-as-Producer/228708970475230

We must send letters to Universal (or e-mail the studio) and explain this brilliant idea:

If Universal is afraid to remake the JP movies (because of the Spielberg-fanboys who are so biased towards the original movie) then we have to convince Universal to GET SPIELBERG TO BE THE PRODUCER OF THE REMAKES. It might be the only way to convince the public that this project will be taken seriously.

"In Steve We Trust"

The posters for the remakes could even say: "STEVEN SPIELBERG PRESENTS" above the title, just like other movies he was only the producer of.

P.S.
If you don't like the term "remake," then just think of it as a "reboot" instead...because our motivation is more about the books than it is about Spielberg's films.

180 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @dirtywhitesniperjr. said: I herd there going to remake jurassic park 1 and 2. Why?

its just a fan petitioning to have a remake, Spielberg hasn't discussed it, they are working on JP IV though.

• well they can make a reamke and a part 4, just the remakes first, and then part 4 after

• OK, it's Opinion Time.

I'm against this. Not just as a JP fan, but as a movie goer.

I'd rather see Hollywood come up with new ideas (which apparently is too hard for them to do anymore). Seriously, has every idea been done?!

I mean, half the movies that have been released in the past few years have been remakes. It's just seems like a way to spark new interest in an old franchise that they know they will make big bucks off of, and use little to no imagaination/creativity/originality.

The Pink Panther remakes - blemished the reputation of the classic Peter Sellers films with just plan garbage. Yet they made a second one. It's a shame that the kids will grow up knowing these and not the classics.

My Bloody Valentine - no where near as good as the original. Just a way to capitalize on 3D technology.

Karate Kid - Laughable

Arthur - Pathetic

I guess I'm alright with the new Spiderman, but still a little rage burns inside me. The movie was originally planned to be Spiderman 4, but the director dropped out. The new movie might be based on one of the other Spidey series anyway (like Ultimate Spiderman, etc.)

I don't consider the Batman movies as remakes, since these stories really haven't been done on film (there are a couple different origin stories in the comics).

And TV shows, too! Now that they are starting to run out of ideas for those stupid, non-creative reality shows (Storage Wars, really?), they're starting to remake old shows. Hawaii Five-O, 90210, V, Charlies Angels. What's next, a remake of Gomer Pyle?

I know I'm powerless to voice my opinion to filmmakers, they will continue to remake classics. And if people want a Jurassic Park remake, so be it. No one is forcing me to see it, so what do I care? I'll stick to the films I grew up with, thank you very much.

Again, just my opinion.

• Hollywood has no hope in Original Ideas ether at this Point if this keeps up. see Battleship the Movie and Asteroids(based on the arcade game)the Movie

Both in progress right now

• @brivette007 said: OK, it's Opinion Time.

I'm against this. Not just as a JP fan, but as a movie goer.

I'd rather see Hollywood come up with new ideas (which apparently is too hard for them to do anymore). Seriously, has every idea been done?!

I mean, half the movies that have been released in the past few years have been remakes. It's just seems like a way to spark new interest in an old franchise that they know they will make big bucks off of, and use little to no imagaination/creativity/originality.

The Pink Panther remakes - blemished the reputation of the classic Peter Sellers films with just plan garbage. Yet they made a second one. It's a shame that the kids will grow up knowing these and not the classics.

My Bloody Valentine - no where near as good as the original. Just a way to capitalize on 3D technology.

Karate Kid - Laughable

Arthur - Pathetic

I guess I'm alright with the new Spiderman, but still a little rage burns inside me. The movie was originally planned to be Spiderman 4, but the director dropped out. The new movie might be based on one of the other Spidey series anyway (like Ultimate Spiderman, etc.)

I don't consider the Batman movies as remakes, since these stories really haven't been done on film (there are a couple different origin stories in the comics).

And TV shows, too! Now that they are starting to run out of ideas for those stupid, non-creative reality shows (Storage Wars, really?), they're starting to remake old shows. Hawaii Five-O, 90210, V, Charlies Angels. What's next, a remake of Gomer Pyle?

I know I'm powerless to voice my opinion to filmmakers, they will continue to remake classics. And if people want a Jurassic Park remake, so be it. No one is forcing me to see it, so what do I care? I'll stick to the films I grew up with, thank you very much.

Again, just my opinion.

Valid argument. as a movie goer i agree with you 100 percent. I am sick of remakes.

but as a Jurassic Park fan, i would love to see a film more focused on the themes of the novel. The novel is a bit darker and has great material to use. I've said before that i think the film version is more of the family friendly version while the novel was more for adults. Don't get me wrong, the first JP film was great. sadly the sequel was not. A remake of the first film could have the opportunity to fix the travesty that the second movie was, and actually follow the plot of the novel. and if they do end up remaking the first one and it fails epicly, then i will have the classics to cherish and pretend the new one never existed. But i'll always be a little curious to see a remake. I'm not saying i'm for a reboot, but i'm not against it.

• Heresy! the only movie that should be re-made is Jurassic park 3, to with the original idea which was more like the 1st and 2nd. Loads of elements of science and exploration with it's touch of thrill.

• @Sadonicus said: Give it up already!

I know, fine let him have his shit sequel. Just dont cry and moan that Universal laughs at you all for this. I do enjoy CGI dinosaurs with CGI cars and teenage actors and naked ladies flying all over and all that CGI gore flying, lets make Jurassic Park all CGI now!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys do know Stan Winston is dead right? And Michael is dead, and some of the crew are dead, the dinosaurs are gone. Nothing can be changed now.

Add Comment