User Avatar Image

Jurassic Park FAQ (Please Read Before Creating Threads)

posted by Icedhope on - last edited - Viewed by 9.6K users

Jurassic Park FAQ

UPDATED: November 15'th

Q: I used my code from the Jurassic Part Trilogy set for a free episode. Where is it?
A: You'll be able to download this by logging into the site and clicking the Your Games link in the top-right. It's not currently available for download, but we'll have it up soon.

Q: What is the Price of the game?
A: For the PC, there are two versions. The standard edition is $29.99, and the Deluxe Edition is $49.99 (with a $10 discount if purchased prior to launch, bringing the price down to $39.99.) Retail editions for the Xbox 360 are $39.99. It's available for the PS3 on PSN at $29.99

Q: When does the game take place?
A: It takes place during the events of the first movie.

Q: What kind of game will this be?
A: It will be an adventure game with action elements.

Q: When will the game be released?
A: Nov 15th, 2011.

Q: What systems will it be available for?
A: It will be available on the PC and Mac, on the PS3 through PSN, and as a retail release for the 360.

Q: What about merchandise, and my free DVD for the PC/Mac version?
A: We have t-shirts and posters available in our store. As of right now, we do not have plans to make a Collector's DVD available, but the Deluxe Edition of the game does include a DVD.

Q: Does Telltale ship worldwide?
A: Yes, absolutely!

Q: What are the System Requirements for the PC/Mac?

PC System Requirements
Processor: 1.8 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 2 GB Space Free
Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 256 MB RAM
DirectX®: Direct X 9.0c
Sound: Direct X 8.1 sound device

Mac System Requirements
Processor: 2.0 GHz Pentium or equivalent
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Hard Disk Space: 2 GB Space Free
Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 256 MB RAM
Additional: Not recommended for MAC Minis or early-generation MacBooks

Q: What languages are the game available in?
A: English and German voice options with English, German and French subtitles.

Q: Can I play Jurassic Park with a gamepad?
A: Definitely! You'll be given the option to choose between gamepad and keyboard/mouse when you start the game. If you wish to switch control schemes, you will need to restart the game. Sorry, but at this time, gamepad support is not available on the Mac.

Q: Hey, why can't I save my game? What's going on? There's no option on the main menu.
A: Don't worry - the game is saving automatically at set checkpoints. If you want to replay a section later, you can choose it from the Scenarios list on the main menu. When you load your game, you will be taken to the latest checkpoint you've reached.

Q: Episodes 2-4 aren't available on the main menu. I bought the game. What's the deal?
A: You will need to complete Episode 1 before you're able to start Episode 2. Then you'll need to proceed through all of Episode 2 before Episode 3 will unlock, and so on.

Current known issues:

Gamepads are not currently supported in the Mac client. However, upon launching the game, you will still be asked to choose between gamepad and mouse/keyboard. Please make sure you choose the mouse/keyboard option. The control prompt will be removed from the Mac version soon.

188 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Apologies if this has been answered before...if I downloaded the game, can I upgrade to the deluxe version by paying the difference or would I have to buy the whole package again?

• @Amphicoelias said: Apologies if this has been answered before...if I downloaded the game, can I upgrade to the deluxe version by paying the difference or would I have to buy the whole package again?

If you ask the support staff nicely they'll likely let you upgrade to the deluxe without forcing you to buy another copy of the game. They are usually very good about stuff like that.

Their email is support@telltalegames.com

• Yes, send an email to that address, or drop me a PM here with your order number. I'm as accommodating as I can be with stuff like that, so I'll get it taken care of for you.

• When is the Jurassic Park Deluxe Edition shipping?

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@sniperwar10 said: When is the Jurassic Park Deluxe Edition shipping?

Expected ship date (according to the store) is December 15.

• So it is written in the FAQ that everybody who purchased the digital version of JP will be able to get a DVD with paying for shipping only (like always). Since Telltale decided to offer some digital stuff only für de deluxe version does this offer still stand or will you only be able to get a DVD if you purchased the deluxe version?

• @MarkoH01 said: So it is written in the FAQ that everybody who purchased the digital version of JP will be able to get a DVD with paying for shipping only (like always). Since Telltale decided to offer some digital stuff only für de deluxe version does this offer still stand or will you only be able to get a DVD if you purchased the deluxe version?

They haven't made that option available just yet, but eventually you will be able to order the DVD version if you've already bought the regular version of the game. It could be some time in the new year when that happens, but when it does, they will notify you.

• @NuLegend1992 said: They haven't made that option available just yet, but eventually you will be able to order the DVD version if you've already bought the regular version of the game. It could be some time in the new year when that happens, but when it does, they will notify you.

Are you sure about this? JP is the forst game which only delivers commentarys when ordering the deluxe edition and the commentaries will not be available to the buyers of the regular version so it could be that thios also applies to the DVD itself. The entry in the FAQ is quite old so it could be that it changed.

• @MarkoH01 said: Are you sure about this? JP is the forst game which only delivers commentarys when ordering the deluxe edition and the commentaries will not be available to the buyers of the regular version so it could be that thios also applies to the DVD itself.

The commentaries for JP are only available to deluxe buyers as digital downloads, and I know that because I myself have bought the deluxe pack. They're not going to be on the disc itself for either version, if that's what you meant to say.

Add Comment