User Avatar Image

When can we expect to see SOMETHING about Telltale's KQ?

posted by Blackthorne519 on - last edited - Viewed by 3.7K users

I wonder when we'll see or hear something substantial about Tell-Tale's King's Quest game.


Bt

480 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Irishmile said: Im really anxious too... but out of love.. I am REALLY excited about getting to play a brand new official KQ game.

    As am I. I just want some hint of what it's going to be like and when it's going to come out.

  • I'm anxiously looking forward to Telltale's King's Quest cartoon with retro laser disc style "interaction" options.

    NOT.

  • @Lambonius said: I'm anxiously looking forward to Telltale's King's Quest cartoon with retro laser disc style "interaction" options.

    NOT.

    You should try to give the game a chance and not damn it even before a screenshot is released.

  • @Anakin Skywalker said: You should try to give the game a chance and not damn it even before a screenshot is released.

    He isn't damning the game. He's damning the philosophical approach to gaming manifested in the developer's recent games.

    People who say they're looking forward to or even "excited" about the game haven't seen any screenshots either. ;)

  • Yeah. People really shouldn't be praising it or damning it. They should be curious and just wait. But, if you're allowed to praise it you're allowed to damn it.

  • [quote]You should try to give the game a chance and not damn it even before a screenshot is released.[/quote]

    Some of us have been disappointed in the latest, unofficial, King's Quest game and disappointed in Telltale's latest games, and the last thing we want is to be disappointed in Telltale's take on King's Quest too. I'm sure you can understand that.

    That's why we are voicing what we want and do not want to see in Telltale's King's Quest. It's called constructive criticism, and the best moment to voice constructive criticism is early on, when the game design and plot can still be changed, not when the game is out and it's too late to change anything.

  • @blueskirt said: Some of us have been disappointed in the latest, unofficial, King's Quest game and disappointed in Telltale's latest games, and the last thing we want is to be disappointed in Telltale's take on King's Quest too. I'm sure you can understand that.

    That's why we are voicing what we want and do not want to see in Telltale's King's Quest. It's called constructive criticism, and the best moment to voice constructive criticism is early on, when the game design and plot can still be changed, not when the game is out and it's too late to change anything.

    Constructive criticism and a desire to voice your wants early on is quite different from saying that Telltale has "no right" to make a KQ game, or that Telltale is going to "massacre" King's Quest and spreading negative word of mouth to kill the game without even seeing a screenshot or anything about the game.

  • @Anakin Skywalker said: Constructive criticism and a desire to voice your wants early on is quite different from saying that Telltale has "no right" to make a KQ game, or that Telltale is going to "massacre" King's Quest and spreading negative word of mouth to kill the game without even seeing a screenshot or anything about the game.

    I don't really want to be constructive. I find it much more enjoyable to just piss and moan. ;)

  • @Lambonius said: I don't really want to be constructive. I find it much more enjoyable to just piss and moan. ;)

    Tis a shame. I waited until TSL released trailers and the like to express my concerns...Can't you at least give this game the benefit of the doubt until we at least see a screenshot?

  • Keep in mind people were pissing and moaning about new KQ games since KQ8 forums went live, back in 1996 or 97 or so, LOL. It's an internet thing...

    Before that it had be done with letters! But letters lack that public 'gang up' mentality that the internets allow!

Add Comment