User Avatar Image

When can we expect to see SOMETHING about Telltale's KQ?

posted by Blackthorne519 on - last edited - Viewed by 2.9K users

I wonder when we'll see or hear something substantial about Tell-Tale's King's Quest game.

Bt

480 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I just want to see some kind of news... what kind of direction they are moving in. But, I will say, if it's like "Dragon's Lair", I will piss and moan.

Bt

• @Blackthorne519 said: if it's like "Dragon's Lair",

Bt, I think the word you're looking for is "innovation." After all, Telltale "invented" this new genre of "cinematic adventure," right?

• @Anakin Skywalker said: Tis a shame. I waited until TSL released trailers and the like to express my concerns...Can't you at least give this game the benefit of the doubt until we at least see a screenshot?

After their last two games? No. At least not yet.

• What's funny is, I love Dragon's Lair. I pumped quarters into that sucker like crazy in 1983-1984 when I was 5 and 6.... there was NOTHING LIKE THAT in the early 80's. That was, whoa, almost thirty years ago! You know what was 30 years before that? 1953! They didn't have video games, they poured salt on snails, burned ants with magnifying glasses and if they were lucky, shot soda cans with a Red Ryder!

Needless to say, Dragon's Lair's ganmeplay was directly correlated to the technology they had. They didn't have computer systems to combine theatrical quality animation with game-play. We have that now. Taking a step back like this now.... well, it just doesn't work.

Bt

• @Blackthorne519 said:
    Needless to say, Dragon's Lair's gameplay was directly correlated to the technology they had. They didn't have computer systems to combine theatrical quality animation with game-play. We have that now. Taking a step back like this now.... well, it just doesn't work.

Bt

EXACTLY.

The total bullshit part about Telltale's "new" adventure game genre, is that IT'S NOT FUCKING NEW! Jurassic Park has 30 year old gameplay mechanics being hailed (by Telltale only) as innovation. Ridiculous.

God, I hope KQ isn't done in this fashion.

• I think we can safely assume that Telltale's King's Quest won't be a non-walkable QTE fest. I think we can also say within (slightly shaky) marginal safety boundaries that it won't be as stupid and dumbed down as Back to the Future either. But anything even a fair amount better than either of those two isn't worthy of a King's Quest title. It will have to be pretty stinking darn good for me to accept it.

• @MusicallyInspired said: I think we can safely assume that Telltale's King's Quest won't be a non-walkable QTE fest. I think we can also say within (slightly shaky) marginal safety boundaries that it won't be as stupid and dumbed down as Back to the Future either. But anything even a fair amount better than either of those two isn't worthy of a King's Quest title. It will have to be pretty stinking darn good for me to accept it.

I sure hope so. If they can deliver Tales of Monkey Island quality or better (preferably better, as even ToMI doesn't compare to any of the originals) then I will probably be at least marginally happy with it.

As long as its plot is nothing like TSL.

• Yeah, at this point though - it's all speculation because besides the IP ("King's Quest") we know dick about this title. We just know what we don't want, and that appears to be a QTE game and an overly dramatic plot.

Bt

Add Comment