User Avatar Image

The Goodwill Thread - Gift Your Games (50+ Post Count required)

posted by divisionten on - last edited - Viewed by 6.3K users

Hey guys. I know us gamers sometimes end up with extra Steam keys (Frozen Synapse comes as a set, for example) or gift copies of games we already own. This thread is a place to offer these copies up to whomever wants them, and pass on the gift of video game giving.

This is a thread out of goodwill, so no trading or selling.

Personally, I have an extra Steam key for each of the following:

Gish
Trauma
Frozen Synapse

if you HAVE NOT gotten a free Steam key from me before (unless you were my Santa recipient or I sent you a birthday gift), and you'd like one of these games, shoot me a PM.

First come first served.

Happy gifting!

GIFTS LIST, curent gift offers:

divisionten offers:
Gish

Darth Marsden offers:
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition

JedExodus offers:
Gish

Michael Parks offers:
Overture
Cthulhu Saves the World
Breath of Death VII

SHODANFreeman offers:
Puzzle Agent (via TT's website)

752 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • A. i like sam and max and i like it B. yes it is a adventure game like monkey island.....well monkey island 1-4 have a different layout for picking up stuff but still its the same controls

• I also have a free Steam copy of The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition to give away.

edit: given to lovetodo22

• User Avatar Image
    Macfly77 Moderator

@corruptbiggins said: I don't have a game to give away, just a coupon for 20% off The Book of Unwritten Tales but I thought this would still be the best place to put it. So if anyone wants it, let me know. This coupon makes a game which is already on sale at 20% off a further 20% cheaper!

EDIT: And it's gone!

Thanks to corruptbiggins, I'm now able to offer someone my own 20% coupon for The Book of Unwritten Tales (no, I'm not re-gifting his coupon... I bought the game and got a coupon myself!).
    PM me if interested.
    EDIT: And just like that, it was gone...

• @Macfly77 said: Thanks to corruptbiggins, I'm now able to offer someone my own 20% coupon for The Book of Unwritten Tales (no, I'm not re-gifting his coupon... I bought the game and got a coupon myself!).
    PM me if interested.
    EDIT: And just like that, it was gone...

It would be cool if there's a chain of coupon giving...

Anyway, while I'm here (and thinking about where the best place to put this is, and here I feel is best as it relates) I was just wondering if there was going to be another Telltale Secret Santa thingy this year as I think it was a great thing, and I presume there will be a Steam Christmas (or just plain Holiday) sale. Also I'm not really offering to run it but as I'd prefer not to have that responsibility but will if no one else wants to.

• @Chyron8472 said: I also have a free Steam copy of The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition to give away.

I'm interested in this!

• @corruptbiggins said: Anyway, while I'm here (and thinking about where the best place to put this is, and here I feel is best as it relates) I was just wondering if there was going to be another Telltale Secret Santa thingy this year as I think it was a great thing, and I presume there will be a Steam Christmas (or just plain Holiday) sale. Also I'm not really offering to run it but as I'd prefer not to have that responsibility but will if no one else wants to.

If there is, I'd quite like to be part of it this year. Just sayin'.

Actually, how did it work again? Did we all agree to a price limit of (for example) $10 and then just bought whoever's name we 'drew' something from their wishlist?

• User Avatar Image
    divisionten Moderator

I'll run it this year. I'll make a sticky for it, too.

• Oh, okay then. I was slightly uncomfortable with running it because I wouldn't be participating, but I'd greatly appreciate you taking it over!

Start it soon, as the Steam sale will be starting in a week or so and the earlier in the sale it can open the better.

• @Ribs said: Oh, okay then. I was slightly uncomfortable with running it because I wouldn't be participating, but I'd greatly appreciate you taking it over!

Start it soon, as the Steam sale will be starting in a week or so and the earlier in the sale it can open the better.

I like that your signature quote no longer has either of our current usernames in it.

• @SHODANFreeman said: I like that your signature quote no longer has either of our current usernames in it.

Actually, I changed SHODANFreeman to Pale Man even though you had already changed your name at the time of that post because you will always be Pale Man in my heart.

Add Comment