So, here's what I've gathered about Nedry, the Barbasol can, and the money:
- Nedry was to deliver the can to Miles at the dock. Miles would then take the evacuation boat disguised as an InGen employee and take the can to his superiors.
- After delivering the can, Nedry wouldn't be able to take the evacuation boat out because it would be too conspicuous after what he had done. So, he had a getaway boat on the north coast of the island. Someone was waiting on the boat with a bag of money: Nedry's payment.
- Miles hired Nima just in case things went awry, and of course they did. They waited until the last minute to go search for Nedry.
- The two were hoping to grab the can and make it back to the boat in time, but obviously that didn't happen.
- Miles died, but Nima learned about the importance of the Barbasol can. She somehow knew about the getaway boat, and so reaching it is her goal for the game.
- She didn't know about Nedry's payment, however, and this was a pleasant surprise for her in the good ending.
Any corrections, things to add or clear up? I'm just trying to keep the characters' actions and motivations straight.