User Avatar Image

Legend of Zelda Megathread - Adoring Fan Edition

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 4.7K users

I thought we should have a thread to discuss the Legend of Zelda games, especially with Skyward Sword so close!

782 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I wish I had a DS so that I could play the DS Zelda games (albeit not including 3D OOT.)

I've never played Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks, and despite the recent convo about "dumbing down" of controls, I still would like to have played them.

However, I'm probably not ever going to invest in a DS, because I would then be playing games all by myself, and my wife likes being involved in what I'm doing.

• buy her one too! The DS Zelda games have multiplayer, surprisingly.

Edit: I like this comic quite a bit sometimes, and this strip is great.

• @DAISHI said: Ocarina of Time is one of your least favorite Zeldas?

There was a time when this:

@DAISHI said: The only game I would put over Ocarina is Link to the Past.

...was a hefty amount of the general opinion when OOT first came out. Everyone though it was just a rip-off of LTTP.

@DAISHI said: But people are actually concerned about the story, as if that has ever mattered in Zelda.

Hey, I really dig the Zelda storylines! OOT in particular was quite fascinating to go through. I remember being freaked out at the reveal at the end of Link's Awakening when it all made sense. Sure that may seem like an obvious or a small thing to most, but I thought it was so cool at the time. The story to Wind Waker wasn't very much I'll admit. But OOT and TP had great stories and I loved them. Receiving any spoilers before experiencing them firsthand would have been disastrous and would have ruined both games for me.

• Wind Waker had a fantastic story and great, solid gameplay. The only reason it's not really high up there in my list is the sailing and, most of all, the Triforce quest. And that's mainly Tingle's fault.

• @Chyron8472 said: Then, if I may say so, you are very shallow indeed.

Don't chastize other people's interest in encountering the story elements first ingame for themselves just because you consider them worthless.

One wonders why you visit an adventure game developer's forum, when you care so little for story.

EDIT: Now, if you don't mind. STOP COMPLAINING so we here can get back to having more interesting conversations about the Zelda franchise.

I care about story, I just don't think Zelda games really have a story worth caring about. It's just a framework in which the game can exist, it's hardly compelling or intriguing.

• @SHODANFreeman said: I care about story, I just don't think Zelda games really have a story worth caring about. It's just a framework in which the game can exist, it's hardly compelling or intriguing.

That is your OPINION. In which case, don't look down on those that DO care for Zelda's story and don't wish to have story elements spoiled for them.

• I like to personally think as Zelda storylines as a story told in very broad brush strokes. You interpret a lot of it in your own personal way, it both lends to the games strengths but also attests to them.

BTW, LuigiHann. Every time I read a post of yours it's nothing but sense. Well done you for being a big old smartie!

• I just read the Easter Egg section of IGN's Skyward Sword guide, and it says "When played in reverse [...] the main theme of Skyward Sword, is Zelda's Lullaby from Ocarina of Time."

So I loaded Ballad of the Goddess from my bundled soundtrack into WavePad and had it play backwards... and it's true!

I'm impressed, Nintendo.

Add Comment