User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 25.9K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Deathspank: TOV.

Feel like repeating a true story that happened to me regarding this game. I've defeated the Nun (and got the achievement), so I warp to the next outhouse (Colony 7, or whatever it's called) ready to head into the 'Wild West' area. Only as soon as the robots appear, the game crashes.

And corrupts my savegame.

That's what, 6 hours down the drain? Yeah, Steam confirms it: 6 hours I now have to repeat because the game is a piece of crap. God dammit! So angry right now at this game!

• Me and my cousin are making rapid progress in Terraria. I started replaying about last week. And we are both phaseblading it up with full demonite armor, all but 3 CPUs left(Clothior, wizard, and mechanic), and rocket boots. Working on the ivy whip now and some other jungle gear.

• Finished Deathspank: TOV on Steam (and uploaded some screenshots, if you'd like to take a look at them). Having now played the DLC, I will not be buying it for the PS3 unless it's under a pound, because it's exactly one mission that's not particularly interesting.

Currently Playing: Dead Space 2 (on PS3) and will be shortly starting The Baconing (Steam).

• Crusader: No Remorse

I have to say that this game so far has been GREAT!

Hard though.

I had to set the difficulty to the second lowest, as I was getting killed instantly.

Another thing that was evil was the fact that some floors can just give way without warning and kill you.

I lost a lot of progress on the first level, as right near the end, which was a bit annoying.

The controls are a bit odd too, though once you get the hang of them, aren't bad.
    Maybe I could make a custom xpadder setup so I can use the 360 controller, and make things a little easier.

I think I may spend more time on this GOG tomorrow.
    (I definately need to try and play some of them! XD)

• I've been playing Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth recently, and have been enjoying it a lot, far more than a couple of the previous Ace Attorney games (specifically, the 2nd & 4th ones). It's good to have a change in the way the game is played but still keeping the same essence that the series is known for. It's a shame that there's currently no plans to localise the sequel, though I guess if it was localised then it would also probably be released on the 3DS which I don't have nor do I have plans to get one in the near future. So I might as well enjoy this game as much as I can as I don't know when I'll be back to this series, if ever.

@RetroVortex said: Crusader: No Remorse

I have to say that this game so far has been GREAT!

I may have to dig out my copy and play it again as I've never completed it. I remember playing the demos ages ago, probably around when it first came out, and I enjoyed it so much that I played it many times. It wasn't until some years later that I bought the game, 'cos I got it as part of a two for £15 deal or something like that but I didn't play much of it. So may have to remedy that.

• Just finished Dead Space 2. Apparently it took 8½ to play through, though it felt longer. Eh.

I'll be cracking on with The Baconing and probably returning to Tomb Raider Underworld.

• Star Wars The Old Republic. Got an invite from the first wave of early access. I'm not really sure how long I'm going to last. I usually manage to get around 2 weeks out of an mmorpg until I get bored. Maybe SWTOR will fair better due to the more interactive quest givers.

• Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Like Rawr, I too have early access, (and my copy arrived in the mail today, so I'm fully set up! :D).

Now I normally don't like MMO's, but thats due to all of them being free-to-plays, (aka pay-to-win), but this one I like.

I love the Mass effect style character interactions, and the overall story and the smuggler class story so far. The gameplay isn't so bad either.

It could be better, (Its a bit stiff for me). I've never played World of Warcraft, but I've heard the battle system is similar, so thats probably why its so simple.

Basically, as a Smuggler (I chose a Cyborg Smuggler since he looks so cool, and everyone is likely to be a jedi), you have a gun. It has a limited range, so you have to stay at a relatively close range. However, your abilities are pretty good.

You have crouching, which you can just do to make you a little harder to hit, but you can pretty much use almost anything as moderate cover.
    (As long as you can still shoot over it!)
    So its recommended not to just rush into a pack of enemies, or run past them, as they can hurt you fairly bad.

Once you level up a little, you get some good skills.
    You can launch grenades which hits groups in an area for a good chunk of damage.
    Also charged shots while crouching is useful, and can be combo'd nicely with the grenade, giving you a good advantage in the start of a firefight.
    You have a few melee abilities, but thats mostly for aiding in escaping close combat.
    (so one ability stuns for a few seconds, so you can counter with some blaster shots, or run for cover)

Its nice to see the game give you some good loot to start, and a good wealth of interesting early missions to keep your interest.
    I probably won't play it a lot, so in a way its ideal for me.
    Gives me a good chance to just jump in, do a few missions, get some loot, then go.

I am a member of Spoony's Guild, though I haven't interacted with anyone yet.
    I guess I want to just train, and get to grips with the battle and mission stuff some more before I engage in any PvP, though I suspect in a game like this, that will also be very fun too.

I'm definately going to play it some more tomorrow. :D

• Spoony's guild? As in the internet spoony? That mean you're playing on a US server, then?

• @Rawr said: Spoony's guild? As in the internet spoony? That mean you're playing on a US server, then?

Yes. I am.

Its a bit slow during the interactions, but pretty smooth otherwise.

(I gather its my laptop as well. Since I only have a 2.4ghz Turion II, and a Mobility Radeon HD 5450. Pretty good, but definately showing its age now. (struggles to run Serious Sam 3, and just plain too slow for Dead Rising 2: Off the Record)

Been randomly disconnected about 5 or 6 times, but its never been too inconvenient.

Add Comment