User Avatar Image

Are you kidding me with these graphics?

posted by caeska on - last edited - Viewed by 2.6K users

Because this is absolutely ridicilous.
When is TTG going to learn and actually implement some proper graphics and animations into their games?
While this style of graphics is too cartoony and doesn't fit the L&O genre at all but I wouldn't mind that so much if Telltale would just take the graphics aspect somewhat seriously.

Look at Jurassic Park: Good characters, good story. But the graphics look like they were, and they probably were, done by amateurs who never attended a graphic design class in their lives.
My 5-year old niece could have done a better job in that department. The character animations as a whole, body language, movement, lip synch and
facial expressions of emotions is completely unrealistic and it is actually done so poorly that it makes it impossible to get immersed into the game world. BTTF was the same, no effort whatsoever put into animations and thus, no entertainment value.

And so far L&O seems poised to do exactly the same mistakes that BTTF and JP did because there is no indication that L&O will be any better. It's too rough around the edges and with the graphics style they've chosen to use they've effectively destroyed the game before it's even released. I'm still hoping to be proven wrong, but somehow I have my doubts.

If they are not going to bother to work with the graphics and animations, then I'm not going to bother with paying money for the game. It really is that simple. The graphics aspect is so important in a computer game that in many cases, it determines whether it becomes a success
or failure. And it is one of the most contributing factors to replay value and how drawn you as a player get into the game.

175 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Scnew said: Go over to the Sam and Max forum and read all the delicious tears shed by people over the Sam and Max season 3 ending.

well then they are a bit silly crying over a talking dog and talking alien rabbit.

• @yoman45135 said: well then they are a bit silly crying over a talking dog and talking alien rabbit.

Max isn't an alien.

homer-facepalm.jpg?w=450&h=295

• @coolsome said: Max isn't an alien.

homer-facepalm.jpg?w=450&h=295

Ok then but he isnt completley a rabbit so he must be some sort of mutant (and if I got it wrong again I dont care, I dont like sam and max games from what I have seen.)

• @coolsome said: Ribs I'm just gonna borrow this K?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0la5DBtOVNI

Im not being a dick im telling the truth, why do you think games get rated for graphics, well if your right the people who thought they should add it are wrong and dont know anything because they dont like silly graphics, why dont you stop defending telltale all the time and actually try to understand what people are saying instead of thinking they are saying it for fun.

• All your saying is people who like Sam and Max are idiots cos there talking animals.

• @coolsome said: All your saying is people who like Sam and Max are idiots cos there talking animals.

im saying there idiots if they are more serious about talking animals than something like bttf, jp or law and order.

• @yoman45135 said: im saying there idiots if they are more serious about talking animals than something like bttf, jp or law and order.

I'm going to underline something very important here: There is no word "im" in the English vocabulary. There is however a word called "I'm", which is actually two words. It's possible to write it either with the apostrophe or as "I am", and one of those options have to be used. Both have the same meaning and they are both spelled with a capital "I", unlike the way you spelled it. But you can't write "im" ever, because that is quite simply not a word that exists in our reality.

Similarly the word "there" can't be used in the context from your above quote, it would be more correct to use "they are" or "they're". "There" is a different word altogether.

Also it is incorrect to refer to the TV show "Law & Order" as "law and order".
    Both the words "Law" and "Order" have to begin with capital letters and the two words need to be separated with an ampersand (&).

• @caeska said: I'm going to underline something very important here: There is no word "im" in the English vocabulary. There is however a word called "I'm", which is actually two words. It's possible to write it either with the apostrophe or as "I am", and one of those options have to be used. Both have the same meaning and they are both spelled with a capital "I", unlike the way you spelled it. But you can't write "im" ever, because that is quite simply not a word that exists in our reality.

Similarly the word "there" can't be used in the context from your above quote, it would be more correct to use "they are" or "they're". "There" is a different word altogether.

Also it is incorrect to refer to the TV show "Law & Order" as "law and order".
    Both the words "Law" and "Order" have to begin with capital letters and the two words need to be separated with an ampersand (&).

This is the internet not school you just made a pointless post telling me things I already know.

Oh and the reason I dont put it right is because I spend my time thinking about what im gonna post, not how im going to post it.

• I happen to think the concept for Jurassic Park is far more ridiculous then that of Sam and Max as Jurassic Park is set in a hyper-realistic world but they refound Dinosaurs, and Sam and Max is obviously set in a very oddball version of the world where talkings canines and lagomorphs exist.

Add Comment