User Avatar Image

Are you kidding me with these graphics?

posted by caeska on - last edited - Viewed by 2.4K users

Because this is absolutely ridicilous.
When is TTG going to learn and actually implement some proper graphics and animations into their games?
While this style of graphics is too cartoony and doesn't fit the L&O genre at all but I wouldn't mind that so much if Telltale would just take the graphics aspect somewhat seriously.

Look at Jurassic Park: Good characters, good story. But the graphics look like they were, and they probably were, done by amateurs who never attended a graphic design class in their lives.
My 5-year old niece could have done a better job in that department. The character animations as a whole, body language, movement, lip synch and
facial expressions of emotions is completely unrealistic and it is actually done so poorly that it makes it impossible to get immersed into the game world. BTTF was the same, no effort whatsoever put into animations and thus, no entertainment value.

And so far L&O seems poised to do exactly the same mistakes that BTTF and JP did because there is no indication that L&O will be any better. It's too rough around the edges and with the graphics style they've chosen to use they've effectively destroyed the game before it's even released. I'm still hoping to be proven wrong, but somehow I have my doubts.

If they are not going to bother to work with the graphics and animations, then I'm not going to bother with paying money for the game. It really is that simple. The graphics aspect is so important in a computer game that in many cases, it determines whether it becomes a success
or failure. And it is one of the most contributing factors to replay value and how drawn you as a player get into the game.

175 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@caeska said: I'm going to underline something very important here: There is no word "im" in the English vocabulary. There is however a word called "I'm", which is actually two words. It's possible to write it either with the apostrophe or as "I am", and one of those options have to be used. Both have the same meaning and they are both spelled with a capital "I", unlike the way you spelled it. But you can't write "im" ever, because that is quite simply not a word that exists in our reality.

Similarly the word "there" can't be used in the context from your above quote, it would be more correct to use "they are" or "they're". "There" is a different word altogether.

Also it is incorrect to refer to the TV show "Law & Order" as "law and order".
    Both the words "Law" and "Order" have to begin with capital letters and the two words need to be separated with an ampersand (&).

Unless a community member explicitly asks to have his spelling corrected, it is not normally advised to do it out of the blue. Deal with the arguments in a post or don't, but take the language guardian crap elsewhere. We're too grown up here for that.

• @Vainamoinen said: Unless a community member explicitly asks to have his spelling corrected, it is not normally advised to do it out of the blue. Deal with the arguments in a post or don't, but take the language guardian crap elsewhere. We're too grown up here for that.

I've had my grammar and spelling corrected loads of times and never got this message following it!

• @coolsome said: i no spell good n no har bout it!1!!

Where do I even start?!?

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@coolsome said: I've had my grammar and spelling corrected loads of times and never got this message following it!

Maybe the mod with a degree in linguistics wasn't around.

• .i would like to thank you all for never correcting my horrible puntuatioN

• I agree, the art AND art style isn't that good... but then again, I don't really care. It's the gameplay that matters.

• @eblocksonian said: I agree, the art AND art style isn't that good... but then again, I don't really care. It's the gameplay that matters.

Yes but what we are saying is that it is not right because law & order is very adult but it has graphics like it is intended for 9 - 15 year olds

• @yoman45135 said: Yes but what we are saying is that it is not right because law & order is very adult but it has graphics like it is intended for 9 - 15 year olds

Right, now you're being rude too. 'Cartoony' doesn't mean it's intended for children - Sam and Max and Monkey Island are prime examples of more adult games that use a cartoony art style.

• @Ribs said: Right, now you're being rude too. 'Cartoony' doesn't mean it's intended for children - Sam and Max and Monkey Island are prime examples of more adult games that use a cartoony art style.

it's more childish though it's not serious look at both of those games they are not serious they are full of jokes and things which are impossible in real life.

ok let me give you a example:

Animated movies like Rango or Cars or Nemo are all animated and not serious but things like Back to the future, Law & Order and Jurassic park are not animated but serious, so my point is if it's animated it's the people who made it way of showing you it's not ment to be taken seriously.

• @yoman45135 said: it's more childish though it's not serious look at both of those games they are not serious they are full of jokes and things which are impossible in real life.

ok let me give you a example:

Animated movies like Rango or Cars or Nemo are all animated and not serious but things like Back to the future, Law & Order and Jurassic park are not animated but serious, so my point is if it's animated it's the people who made it way of showing you it's not ment to be taken seriously.

Back to the Future is 'serious'? I'd probably describe it as Comedy/Science Fiction. Neither Back to the Future nor Jurassic Park are meant to be taken seriously; both have completely ridiculous concepts that have no possibly chance of occurring. Law and Order is occasionally a very funny show, and occasionally has very, very oddball out-there cases that are most definately not supposed to be taken seriously. The game would be wrong with a semi-realistic art dynamic; it wouldn't be right.
    Also; animated films can be aimed at adults too and be very serious, such as Spirited Away and the other Miyazaki films, which are championed as among the best films, period. But chances are you haven't heard of him or that as right now you seem to have a very limited view.

Add Comment