User Avatar Image

Are you kidding me with these graphics?

posted by caeska on - last edited - Viewed by 5.9K users

Because this is absolutely ridicilous.
When is TTG going to learn and actually implement some proper graphics and animations into their games?
While this style of graphics is too cartoony and doesn't fit the L&O genre at all but I wouldn't mind that so much if Telltale would just take the graphics aspect somewhat seriously.

Look at Jurassic Park: Good characters, good story. But the graphics look like they were, and they probably were, done by amateurs who never attended a graphic design class in their lives.
My 5-year old niece could have done a better job in that department. The character animations as a whole, body language, movement, lip synch and
facial expressions of emotions is completely unrealistic and it is actually done so poorly that it makes it impossible to get immersed into the game world. BTTF was the same, no effort whatsoever put into animations and thus, no entertainment value.

And so far L&O seems poised to do exactly the same mistakes that BTTF and JP did because there is no indication that L&O will be any better. It's too rough around the edges and with the graphics style they've chosen to use they've effectively destroyed the game before it's even released. I'm still hoping to be proven wrong, but somehow I have my doubts.

If they are not going to bother to work with the graphics and animations, then I'm not going to bother with paying money for the game. It really is that simple. The graphics aspect is so important in a computer game that in many cases, it determines whether it becomes a success
or failure. And it is one of the most contributing factors to replay value and how drawn you as a player get into the game.

175 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Ribs said: Back to the Future is 'serious'? I'd probably describe it as Comedy/Science Fiction. Neither Back to the Future nor Jurassic Park are meant to be taken seriously; both have completely ridiculous concepts that have no possibly chance of occurring. .

Yes of course they do, oh wait no they dont Jurassic Park has a very clever explanation of why the dinosaurs are around and back to the future the time machiene was practical and very realistic I will quote doc: ''If your gonna build a time machiene out of a car why not do it with some style!?''

As I said before yes there is comedy in Back to the future but that's not it's genre it fits more into the action/ sci fi and sci fi can be very realistic (Back to the future)

Oh and how can things like Rango or Cars can be serious thats even more stupid than saying Sam and Max is more serious than Law & Order.
    Also you said there are jokes in law & Order well there are jokes in real life, the diffrence is that animated films and games have incredibly silly jokes which is not realistic at all.

(Note as well we are not asking for crysis graphics just effort instead of telltale laughing and saying: ''It's just Law & Order, no big deal I think I will add a flying animated elephant just for a joke'')

• @yoman45135 said: Yes of course they do, oh wait no they dont Jurassic Park has a very clever explanation of why the dinosaurs are around and back to the future the time machiene was practical and very realistic I will quote doc: ''If your gonna build a time machiene out of a car why not do it with some style!?''

I think you missed my point. Jurassic Park is ridiculous - the reasoning makes very little sense and the dinosaurs do feel out of place in a hyper-realistic world.

As I said before yes there is comedy in Back to the future but that's not it's genre it fits more into the action/ sci fi and sci fi can be very realistic (Back to the future)

Yeah, Back to the Future was so serious that there was never an animated television show about it on Saturday Mornings! Oh wait...

Oh and how can things like Rango or Cars can be serious thats even more stupid than saying Sam and Max is more serious than Law & Order.
    Also you said there are jokes in law & Order well there are jokes in real life, the diffrence is that animated films and games have incredibly silly jokes which is not realistic at all.

I'm going to stop arguing with you because you are very, very hideously wrong here - animated films are family films, most usually, not comedies - jokes do feature, but it's mostly about a moral of some kind in the end - I can't speak for Rango, but I can say that animated films like Cars and Toy Story and WALL-E and Fantastic Mr. Fox are moving to me, and although they are animated I feel it enhances the story rather than falter it.

(Note as well we are not asking for crysis graphics just effort instead of telltale laughing and saying: ''It's just Law & Order, no big deal I think I will add a flying animated elephant just for a joke'')

palmdesk

• @Ribs said: I think you missed my point. Jurassic Park is ridiculous - the reasoning makes very little sense and the dinosaurs do feel out of place in a hyper-realistic world.

Yeah, Back to the Future was so serious that there was never an animated television show about it on Saturday Mornings! Oh wait...

I'm going to stop arguing with you because you are very, very hideously wrong here - animated films are family films, most usually, not comedies - jokes do feature, but it's mostly about a moral of some kind in the end - I can't speak for Rango, but I can say that animated films like Cars and Toy Story and WALL-E and Fantastic Mr. Fox are moving to me, and although they are animated I feel it enhances the story rather than falter it.

palmdesk

The cartoon was for kids and how does a animated film make you more emotional?

• @yoman45135 said: The cartoon was for kids and how does a animated film make you more emotional?

Here's how.

• @coolsome said: Here's how.

Doesnt make me any sadder than if it was a real life version

• @yoman45135 said: Doesnt make me any sadder than if it was a real life version

Yeah true but it don't make it any less sadder because its animated.

• @coolsome said: Yeah true but it don't make it any less sadder because its animated.

The lion king is not based on a tv programme or film so the people who made it wanted it animated whilst Law & order, Jurrasic park and Back to the future are based on real life and are more serious than animated things, but telltale made them cartoony because they couldn't be bothered to put any effort into them

Thats the reason im saying what I am and why the fans are disapointed

• @yoman45135 said: telltale couldn't be bothered to put any effort into them

Yup. Let's be rude! Being rude is fun.

• Well I'm a fan of Law and Order and have been making topics and posts saying TTG should do Law and Order since 2009 and I'm not disappointed with the graphics. And it has nothing to do with my enjoyment of Sam and Max.

• @coolsome said: Here's how.

Simba's death is sad yes, but I don't think you can really get emotional over cartoons the same way you can from real shows.
    I can list 15 scenes from "24" off the top of my head that are 10 times sadder than that scene from Lion King.

@coolsome said: Yup. Let's be rude! Being rude is fun.

How is he rude? Because he's saying something you don't like?
    What he said was completely true, so deal with it in a constructive manner.

Add Comment