User Avatar Image

BTTF Ep. 5 OUTATIME Discussion & BTTF Game Review

posted by MichaelJ Fox isAntarctian on - last edited - Viewed by 10.4K users

Well ya post stuff. Be all cool and smart and able to think through multiple time spectrum things in order to disprove other peoples theories. Ya...

433 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I have a small question about the ending of ep. 5. when Doc was saying to Marty about the Airheart-brown school Marty laughed, and Doc asked why it was funny and Marty said he'll tell him later? why was Marty laughing?

• Because of the fact that he made Doc's relationship with his father better and improving his overall timeline.

• @Shadowknight1 said: Because of the fact that he made Doc's relationship with his father better and improving his overall timeline.

oh okay, i thought i missed something. i love ep. 5

• Personally, I like all of them. I just now started playing through ep 5, and I found a somewhat funny bug. Did anyone else witness this?

So, you know that one puzzle where you have to get the dirt on Edna. Well, I got done doing that, and she ran with Parker chasing after her. I then went back to do the phone in the house of the future. The choice of getting Edna on the phone was still there. I decided to choose it thinking, "What will happen, since she got chased off." Much to my surprise, she got on the phone... only her character modal wasn't there. It was just her voice, X D . Well, at least I got to try the other choices I missed earlier.

• @sn939 said: This Doc apparently never experianced the events of Episodes 1 and 2 and is surprised by Marty's presence in 1931. However, seeing as he remembers what happened at the Expo 55 years ago from his POV, he probably remembers 'Carl Sagan' and figures out that an alternate version of him was involved somehow.

No, I don't think so, I think this Doc would have experienced the events of 1931. Without the event of 1931 in which the Doc was caught and got locked up for the speakeasy fire, nothing else in the game could have happened.

For one thing, if the Doc never went back to 1931 in the first place, then Marty wouldn't have gone back to 1931 to save him in which case, Marty would have never befriended the young Emmett Brown and the Doc couldn't have fixed his relationship with his father.

As far as I'm certain, this is more or less what happened in the final version of event....

1) The event of the movies played out as it did but the Doc never made the connection between Marty and the young man he befriended in 1931.

2) The Doc goes back to 1931 to make a present for Marty but got jailed for the speakeasy fire. Marty to the rescue (events of Ep. 1/2) and befriends a young Emmett Brown.

3) As far as the Doc is concern, after the rescue, everything was fine and he heads back to 1986. He still has not made the connection between the Marty of 1931 and the Marty of 1986 (even through he was right there and told Marty to befriend his younger self!).

This Doc Brown doesn't know the existence of Citizen Brown. As far as he is concern, as a young man, he dated Edna for two months or so, he never went to see Frankenstein and he had a good relationship with his father. The young man he befriended who helped him catch Kid Tannen disappeared for two months only to reappeared on the day of the science fair (events of Ep. 5).

4) Later (in 1986) he accepts the Key to the City and opens the newspaper clipping from 1931 like he promised. Finally the Doc makes the connection and heads back to 1931 to help Marty.

The main problem with this explaination is Marty. As far as this timeline is concern, there is a Marty McFly that exists who landed safe and sound with Doc Brown, in 1986 after the events of Ep 1/2 but because the events of ep. 5 needed to happen in order for this timeline exist at all, this 1986 Marty would have been phase out of existence but we never got to see it on screen (much like the goody two-shoes Marty would have phase out of existence along with the entire Citizen Brown timeline).

The thing I'm unhappy about is it was the stolen DeLorean that got phased out of time and not the Doc Brown's one. The DeLorean that crashed is the same DeLorean that Marty took with him from Ep. 1 so if it's accepted that this Marty, the one we've been playing is the correct version of Marty, then the DeLorean that should be phase out of existence after the crash should have been the one Doc Brown came in on.

• @Veganzombie said: No, I don't think so, I think this Doc would have experienced the events of 1931. Without the event of 1931 in which the Doc was caught and got locked up for the speakeasy fire, nothing else in the game could have happened.

For one thing, if the Doc never went back to 1931 in the first place, then Marty wouldn't have gone back to 1931 to save him in which case, Marty would have never befriended the young Emmett Brown and the Doc couldn't have fixed his relationship with his father.

As far as I'm certain, this is more or less what happened in the final version of event....

1) The event of the movies played out as it did but the Doc never made the connection between Marty and the young man he befriended in 1931.

2) The Doc goes back to 1931 to make a present for Marty but got jailed for the speakeasy fire. Marty to the rescue (events of Ep. 1/2) and befriends a young Emmett Brown.

3) As far as the Doc is concern, after the rescue, everything was fine and he heads back to 1986. He still has not made the connection between the Marty of 1931 and the Marty of 1986 (even through he was right there and told Marty to befriend his younger self!).

This Doc Brown doesn't know the existence of Citizen Brown. As far as he is concern, as a young man, he dated Edna for two months or so, he never went to see Frankenstein and he had a good relationship with his father. The young man he befriended who helped him catch Kid Tannen disappeared for two months only to reappeared on the day of the science fair (events of Ep. 5).

4) Later (in 1986) he accepts the Key to the City and opens the newspaper clipping from 1931 like he promised. Finally the Doc makes the connection and heads back to 1931 to help Marty.

The main problem with this explaination is Marty. As far as this timeline is concern, there is a Marty McFly that exists who landed safe and sound with Doc Brown, in 1986 after the events of Ep 1/2 but because the events of ep. 5 needed to happen in order for this timeline exist at all, this 1986 Marty would have been phase out of existence but we never got to see it on screen (much like the goody two-shoes Marty would have phase out of existence along with the entire Citizen Brown timeline).

The thing I'm unhappy about is it was the stolen DeLorean that got phased out of time and not the Doc Brown's one. The DeLorean that crashed is the same DeLorean that Marty took with him from Ep. 1 so if it's accepted that this Marty, the one we've been playing is the correct version of Marty, then the DeLorean that should be phase out of existence after the crash should have been the one Doc Brown came in on.

Doc not only tells marty he did originally go to 1931 but WHY (the mcfly scrapbook!)
    Minor correction; from Emmets perspective marty disappears for two months TWICE in 1931; he first meets him in June for episodes 1 and the first half of 2, the second half of episode 2 is in August and episode 4-5 takes place in October.

The automatic retreival system sends the delorean through time near the end.

• @Michael J Fox is Canadian said: The automatic retreival system sends the delorean through time near the end.

It's hard to accept this as the explaination because Doc Brown clearly said that the crashed DeLorean disappeared because it was unstable in time. Secondly if it was retreived, where/when did it get retrieved to?

If it was retreived the same way it was from Ep1, then wherever it is now, there are still two copies of the DeLorean somewhere in that timeline.

I actually think that the writers did an excellent job in holding the story together and I can't think of any paradoxes I can poke at except this one thing. I really feel that it was the wrong DeLorean that got phase out of time.

• Yes, You are right the new game is bit of easy as compared to old part. They should make it more difficult and adventurous to make it more popular and interesting. I also seen all the part of movie they can also get idea from the movies it is very nice movie directed by Steven Spielberg.

• @MrCyberFreak99 said: I just restarted and got through the glasshouse.

the glasshouse annoyed the hell out of me the first time i played it, i did a lot of things and got evidence that edna was the arsonist, then went looking for doc, found out where he was and entered the glasshouse just to be trapped, i now know it was cause your not meant to do it in that order, your meant to free young emmett first then get evidence against edna to move the story along, doing it backwards creates the bug, which is probably why it wasn't noticed. There should be some way for the bug to not be created again, the developers could simply close down the future exhibit till you've released young emmett. That makes sense

• @MusicallyInspired said: How is it not the same Doc? At the end he gave Marty that McFly History book and mentioned the whole reason he went back to 1931 in the first place was to find more information about his grandmother. So he must remember everything.

its not the same doc anymore, him making up with his father creates a new doc, your logic is flawed, how exactly does he remember everything?

the fact is he lives in 1986 now and he was giving marty a present, he was creating a mcfly family tree, but left out sylvia because she was going by trixie, which he never knew, so he went to 1931 and coincidentally met marty, its unknown whether there is a marty in 1986 who never went back, seems logical there would be if doc never got stranded in 1931 in the first place and marty had to rescue him

Add Comment