User Avatar Image

The Goodwill Thread - Gift Your Games (50+ Post Count required)

posted by divisionten on - last edited - Viewed by 6.7K users

Hey guys. I know us gamers sometimes end up with extra Steam keys (Frozen Synapse comes as a set, for example) or gift copies of games we already own. This thread is a place to offer these copies up to whomever wants them, and pass on the gift of video game giving.

This is a thread out of goodwill, so no trading or selling.

Personally, I have an extra Steam key for each of the following:

Gish
Trauma
Frozen Synapse

if you HAVE NOT gotten a free Steam key from me before (unless you were my Santa recipient or I sent you a birthday gift), and you'd like one of these games, shoot me a PM.

First come first served.

Happy gifting!

GIFTS LIST, curent gift offers:

divisionten offers:
Gish

Darth Marsden offers:
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition

JedExodus offers:
Gish

Michael Parks offers:
Overture
Cthulhu Saves the World
Breath of Death VII

SHODANFreeman offers:
Puzzle Agent (via TT's website)

752 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Darth Marsden said: Me three. Wasn't that so worth them doing?

I'm somewhat confused by the bitching about getting 7 games for $5.

• @Rather Dashing said: I'm somewhat confused by the bitching about getting 7 games for $5.

I'm not bitching about Bundle #4. I'm bitching about them adding the games from Bundle #3, which I already have. It just seems like a rather pointless addition, is all.

• It's not pointless to people who don't own Bundle #3. I just introduced my younger cousin to the concept of Humble Indie Bundles, and she now gets more games she's never heard of, let alone played.

And by bitching about #3, you're essentially saying that the 7 games for $5 wasn't a good enough value, and you need more than this or you've been had.

• I said nothing along the lines of your second paragraph. I'm not going to discuss this with you if you're going to keep putting words in my mouth.

• By itself, Bundle #3 being added to Bundle #4 at worst doesn't change anything. You paid $5, you got 7 games, and if you owned #3 already then you are unaffected by its addition.

The only means by which it could possibly affect you in the slightest is if, as part of the larger collection, Bundle #4 was not worth the cost and requires additional incentives to be worth the investment.

• @Rather Dashing said: By itself, Bundle #3 being added to Bundle #4 at worst doesn't change anything. You paid $5, you got 7 games, and if you owned #3 already then you are unaffected by its addition.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant. I suspect that most people who bought Bundle #4 also bought Bundle #3, so they've got the same games again for no real reason. That's what I was getting at.
    @Rather Dashing said: The only means by which it could possibly affect you in the slightest is if, as part of the larger collection, Bundle #4 was not worth the cost and requires additional incentives to be worth the investment.Here's where you lose me. When did I say that? At what point did I say "Now there's 12 games, the bundle's finally worth $6"? I didn't say that, I didn't suggest that and I don't think that. I'd love to know how you got the impression that I did.

• I think what Dashing is getting at is that you sound like the addition of the third bundle is harming you in some way. It doesn't affect you in any way, good or bad, but it's a positive thing for a lot of other people, so why complain about it?

• Because now there was no point in his having bought #3 when it came out, and he could have just waited until now to get it, making his having bought #3 before pointless (aside from the donation)?

• Yes, because getting to play the games for five months has no value whatsoever. And $10 for 10+ games is a wretched value, too.

• I don't think that retroactively getting screwed over is a legitimate complaint, especially considering that the other side of the Humble Bundle coin is a bunch of indie developers and a couple awesome charities. And really, the Humble Bundles are such a good value for us, I bought the Introversion bundle twice (beating the average both times), and I still don't feel screwed over. Screwed over is not a concept that applies to the Humble Bundle.

Besides, unlike the Humble Indie Bundle 4, the original Humble Indie Bundle 3 came with the Humble Indie Bundle 2.

Add Comment