User Avatar Image

First trailer and information

posted by Tjibbbe on - last edited - Viewed by 967 users

I figured this deserved its own topic. Props to Gibbeynator for finding the trailer in the first place. Behold:

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Law-Order-Game-1040737.aspx

My feelings on the trailer (copied from the previous topic):

I don't watch Law & Order, but it's pretty cool that they're taking all these different versions of L&O and are throwing them together. Not sure about the graphics though, feels like a bit of a step back from more recent Telltale games. Perhaps because Ipod and Ipad seem to be the main platforms this time around (with PC & Mac coming later? A bit weird if true, as the PC-versions have always been there on day 1).

I like that the game has branching storylines based on how you play. Jurassic Park had a little bit of that, which I enjoyed, and Walking Dead seems to have that even more. Very exciting. Oh, and 7 episodes? That's crazy! Maybe they're shorter than what we're used to (which also seems logical if the game is targeted at mobile platforms)?

I'm still not sure if this is a game for me, but can some of the fans (or developers!) recommend me some of the best Law & Order episodes? I'm especially interested if it stars one of the characters of the game, I guess.

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    RyanKaufman Telltale Staff

    As you may or may not know, we work pretty fast on the Law & Order episodes. Right now I'm working on the last episode of the season, wrapping everything up. Thought I'd Tweet a teaser of a scene...

    https://twitter.com/#!/PreppyJogger/status/147365936977035264/photo/1

  • This game looks good to me, and with this cast the art style, it looks better than I thought. Man it's good to see Lennie Brisco again, as well as Jack McCoy and the other cast you chose. Personally, I was kinda hopping for Ed Green & maybe Robert Goren for an episode, (or even John Munch)...well, maybe next season.

    As a Law & Order fan, I'm liking what I'm seeing and I'll grab this game when it comes out for PC.

  • @RyanKaufman said: As you may or may not know, we work pretty fast on the Law & Order episodes. Right now I'm working on the last episode of the season, wrapping everything up. Thought I'd Tweet a teaser of a scene...

    https://twitter.com/#!/PreppyJogger/status/147365936977035264/photo/1

    Patricide? You guys haven't been watching Star Wars again have you?

  • User Avatar Image
    RyanKaufman Telltale Staff

    @BrakMan2005 said: This game looks good to me, and with this cast the art style, it looks better than I thought. Man it's good to see Lennie Brisco again, as well as Jack McCoy and the other cast you chose. Personally, I was kinda hopping for Ed Green & maybe Robert Goren for an episode, (or even John Munch)...well, maybe next season.

    As a Law & Order fan, I'm liking what I'm seeing and I'll grab this game when it comes out for PC.

    Thanks! Yeah, there have been so many great detectives and attorneys over the years. It was really hard to pick. I thought a long time how to fit Bobby Goren into this season... we shall see...

    And yeah, Tjibbbe, that episode will be chockful of father/son conflict. And in the end, Jack McCoy becomes a Dark Lord of the Sith. Aw damn, gave it away.

  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

    This trailer has me rather excited, which is unexpected. ;)

    I have watched some L&O episodes, but never really got into the series. But the concept was neat, and that is obviously transferred to the game. Also, this is the one type of adventure adaptation where "losing" actually makes sense. It's quite often that in modern TV courtroom drama series, the lawyer protagonist is allowed to lose the case - because he's been played, because personal matters have impaired his ability, because an impractical US law prohibits him from presenting that one final evidence or because it might become evident during the prosecution that the defendant is in fact innocent. Some of these endings are shocking, but mostly make for a satisfying ending of a TV episode. I am curious as to whether this might work in an interactive medium, where "winning" must be perceived as a far stronger impetus for the consumer. Watch your endings there, TTG! ;)

    This is also what might put the "You don't have to be a gamer to play it" into context. You're making decisions in a story, you don't necessarily play to win.

    Graphic style: I'd say it's a win. This is obviously mainly designed for the mobile devices, so some limping is to be expected. Something still strikes me as quite not right in the trailer, but I can't really say what it is. Something I can name is that the choices presented block the entire screen. Ahhh, don't do that in the PC version, please. I know that mobile enthusiasts are enamored with getting their fingers everywhere on the display, but we PC players want to see a bit more of the characters during conversations. :D

    Whoops, post was longer than expected. Gottago.

  • I wonder of the PC version will have a collector's disc.

  • @coolsome said: I wonder of the PC version will have a collector's disc.

    With a action figure of Jack McCoy! Pull the string and he says such great catchphrases as 'Objection, your honor!' 'Did he make the plea?' and 'Someone's poisoned the water hole!'

  • @Ribs said: With a action figure of Jack McCoy! Pull the string and he says such great catchphrases as 'Objection, your honor!' 'Did he make the plea?' and 'Someone's poisoned the water hole!'

    And of course, "Hey no baby, I don't use rubbers, it's better bareback." ;)

  • How do you get the In Game Purchases of the other episodes on Law & Order Legacies for the iPhone?

  • User Avatar Image
    RyanKaufman Telltale Staff

    From the Episode Menu, swipe to either right or left. You can purchase the whole enchilada for a bargain price (The Multi-pack) or single episodes as you wish.

Add Comment