User Avatar Image

General Bitching

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 690 users

I looked and didn't see a thread like this, so I'm making one. Hopefully if the mods don't shut it down, you can all join me in this Anger Management class. Any stuff that pisses you off and you need to bitch about, whack it here.

-x-

So my Dad has an incredibly annoying habit of buying Christmas presents himself and then letting other people give them to him. He reasons that this means he definitely gets things that he wants, and other people don't have to worry about what to get him.

You can probably see where this is going.

Yep, I discovered today that the two main presents I got him, a pair of DVDs, are ones he's already bought for himself. I am so angry at the man I could just scream. And did (thankfully the house was empty or my mother would have had serious words at me).

All I've got left to give him are a few 'jokey' presents. And a mug. Woo. Almost tempted to keep them all for myself and just get him some coal, the git.

100 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I'm pissed I can't play the Law and Order game and yet other jerks are playing it!

• I'm angry that I have nothing to be angry about!

• @Darth Marsden said: So my Dad has an incredibly annoying habit of buying Christmas presents himself and then letting other people give them to him. He reasons that this means he definitely gets things that he wants, and other people don't have to worry about what to get him.

You can probably see where this is going.

Yep, I discovered today that the two main presents I got him, a pair of DVDs, are ones he's already bought for himself. I am so angry at the man I could just scream. And did (thankfully the house was empty or my mother would have had serious words at me).

All I've got left to give him are a few 'jokey' presents. And a mug. Woo. Almost tempted to keep them all for myself and just get him some coal, the git.

If I were you, I would still give him the movies that he already bought, even though he knows you know he already bought them to gift to himself. In fact, if I were you I would tell everyone else what he has already gifted for himself and instruct them to only get duplicates.

It's one thing to buy something for yourself because you can't wait (eg. I couldn't wait for Skyward Sword or HP Deathly Hallows Part 2). It's another to buy something on your wish list and have people re-give it to you.

• Okay now, people try not to get the thread locked please.

I do see the value in a rant thread.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@Chyron8472 said: If I were you, I would still give him the movies that he already bought, even though he knows you know he already bought them to gift to himself. In fact, if I were you I would tell everyone else what he has already gifted for himself and instruct them to only get duplicates.

It's one thing to buy something for yourself because you can't wait (eg. I couldn't wait for Skyward Sword or HP Deathly Hallows Part 2). It's another to buy something on your wish list and have people re-give it to you.

Oh, don't worry. He's still getting them. He's also getting a piece of my mind. :)
    @Chyron8472 said: Okay now, people try not to get the thread locked please.

I do see the value in a rant thread.Thanks. I actually used to post on a completely different forum and there was a General Bitching section which was quite therapeutic. Hence this thread.

I kinda knew not everyone would take it seriously, so I was gonna let the odd silly comment slide without comment (y'know, 'cause it's coolsome), but Ribs' comment and the picture are both somewhat OTT. A little less silliness would be much appreciated guys, thanks.

• Eh. I do this to my mother.

She buys the presents, but she has a hard time finding things to get me, since I get my own stuff all the time, and I'm like the opposite of needy.

Plus I'm normally the one who buys online, so I get it a bit cheaper.
    (Any money I can save her is good!)

The only thing that annoys me about Christmas is my little bro.

You see, its his Birthday too, so he gets more presents, but since he's also autistic, he gets like a 2x multiplier on that too! XD

So I get for Christmas 1 present, that I chose myself, (but didn't have to pay for! :D), while my little brother gets 10. 1 being a 3DS.
    (3 being 3DS games, and the rest being Blu-Rays!)

And then the cheeky bugger moans about what he DOESN'T have! XD

(Keeps going on, and on about the Lion King Trilogy, EVERY day, at least 2x a day. It gets pretty irritating, the little brat >:/)

My older bro is messing around too, so I don't have a present from him either.

So I spend like £50 on each of them and get nothing...

GOD! And I'm supposed to be the Middle Brother here!
    (Though lately I feel more like mama...>:/)

• ...If there's anything the internet needs more of,...it's bitching. Isn't that why YouTube was created? Oh yeah, that might be taken down. Nevermind. Carry on.

• ...Wasn't this the point of the Whatever's on Your Mind thread?

• @Johro said: ...If there's anything the internet needs more of,...it's bitching. Isn't that why YouTube was created? Oh yeah, that might be taken down. Nevermind. Carry on.

No, it's not bitching that the internet is full of, it's whining, trolling and flaming (especially those compounded with horrible grammar and spelling.)

That is to say, the legitimacy of any reasonable complaint, however heated it may be, is ruined when it is voiced as though from a nine year old.

@Johro said: ...Wasn't this the point of the Whatever's on Your Mind thread?Nope. The point of of that thread is to attempt to swallow off-topic conversation that might have been made elsewhere. EDIT: Which makes me raise an eyebrow whenever someone accuses someone else in "Whatever's on Your Mind" of being off topic. That thread has no topic. That's the whole point.

Add Comment