User Avatar Image

General Bitching

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 1.6K users

I looked and didn't see a thread like this, so I'm making one. Hopefully if the mods don't shut it down, you can all join me in this Anger Management class. Any stuff that pisses you off and you need to bitch about, whack it here.

-x-

So my Dad has an incredibly annoying habit of buying Christmas presents himself and then letting other people give them to him. He reasons that this means he definitely gets things that he wants, and other people don't have to worry about what to get him.

You can probably see where this is going.

Yep, I discovered today that the two main presents I got him, a pair of DVDs, are ones he's already bought for himself. I am so angry at the man I could just scream. And did (thankfully the house was empty or my mother would have had serious words at me).

All I've got left to give him are a few 'jokey' presents. And a mug. Woo. Almost tempted to keep them all for myself and just get him some coal, the git.

100 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @DAISHI said: Almost all anime sucks.

Correct. Almost being the key word. Notable exceptions include Miyazaki and Yu-Gi-Oh!.

• I liked Death Note...and Soul Eater. ^^

Wait, this is a rant thread... ummm... I dislike the fact that 99% of the anime girls seem really really stupid O.o

• I hate when people call themselves "fans" of something when all they do is bitch about how stupid or crappy they think it is. You are NOT a fan if you DON'T LIKE IT, guys.

This ESPECIALLY applies to Star Wars "fans" who do nothing but bitch about how George Lucas has supposedly RUINED the franchise forever. If you don't like it, then why are you a FAN of it?

• This may sound like a silly one but I rly am annoyed by this so don't close this thread or tell me off for being "silly". If you still think im taking the piss then just go with @Darth Marsden said: (y'know, 'cause it's coolsome) and ignore it.

I am pissed my Sam and Max sticker from the freelance police dvd is gone! It was on my old laptop and was a trusty companion to me! And when I got a new laptop the sticker didnt peel well off the laptop :((<---TTG needs better emoticons!).

• @StrongBrush1 said: I hate when people call themselves "fans" of something when all they do is bitch about how stupid or crappy they think it is. You are NOT a fan if you DON'T LIKE IT, guys.

This ESPECIALLY applies to Star Wars "fans" who do nothing but bitch about how George Lucas has supposedly RUINED the franchise forever. If you don't like it, then why are you a FAN of it?

They like the original versions of it, not the prequels or special editions.

• LOL!! I was just coming on here to post a rant, cuz you guys always give great advice!

My best friend, who I've practically known since we were in diapers, got married a few years ago, lovely woman, and he's really changed for the better overall... the one problem is that he's pretty much completly cut me out of his life... the only times I see him is when he needs something, and at family events (I get invited to his family events cuz they're like family) and that's only when they show up...

it used to be that we would talk daily, for hours on end, just to talk... we couldn't go a day without chatting and all... heck he called me and told me he had a girlfriend before he told his family, he also called and talked to me while he was choosing the ring... and the night before he actually proposed... but since he got married, nothing...

Sure he's uneducated, and trying to support a wife and kid off a sears job, but I KNOW he gets time off, yet can't spend it with me. I know he's spending some time with his family, his brother is best friends with his kid, yet the kid wouldn't know me from adam even though I'm sopposed to be an "Uncle"

and really I can forgive alot... but it's gotten worse, he never answers his cell anymore, and never bothers to call me back... even his wife and family have admitted that it's wrong the way he's treating me. It's not his wife's fault, I KNOW she's not trying to form some sort of wedge because we've talked about it, and she's tried to get him to hang out with friends more and call his friends more, but nothing...

and now, today was the WORST... his wife has apperently been going in and out of the hospital lately, didn't bother to call me to tell me, didn't think i'd be concerned I guess... and turns out, it's because she's pregnant!! (I found this out a few days ago via his mom) today his wife posted the news on facebook, FACEBOOK!!!! I'm really mad about this... this is something you tell your close family and friends before you let it get posted in facebook!!

I know I should let it go, I know I shouldn't let this bother me, but I always thought this friendship would last forever, my grandmother was friends with her best friend for 80+ years before she died, and her friend is now basically an extra grandmother for me...

best yet, it's 2 days before christmas, and I'll be hanging out with him and his family christmas eve...

has anyone else had a problem like this?

• @Ribs said: Correct. Almost being the key word. Notable exceptions include Miyazaki and Yu-Gi-Oh!.

No see exactly, you just pointed out exactly how much it DOES suck.

• @supmandude85 said: They like the original versions of it, not the prequels or special editions.

Also people might quite like the extended universe.

I for one, particularily like The Old Republic lore, and my best friend LOVES most of the Star Wars books that were set after the original trilogy.

Add Comment