User Avatar Image

Plinkett's Review of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

posted by Davies on - last edited - Viewed by 319 users

What a glorious Christmas gift...

A review of Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by Harry Plinkett. This is the same guy who gave us those legendary reviews of the Star Wars prequel trilogy.

http://redlettermedia.com/

I know there are those who really dislike this man's reviews but personally I'm a big fan.

24 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Let's just assume he doesn't do the same "gag" twice yet might continue in the same fashion nonetheless... :(

• Nothing that bad happens again.

• @Vainamoinen said: Watched to the part five minutes in where he wanks off to the early Olsen twin movies. Was good until exactly then, but seriously no need to continue if there's even the remote chance that this stuff continues. :mad:

Your loss.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@Vainamoinen said: Let's just assume he doesn't do the same "gag" twice yet might continue in the same fashion nonetheless... :(

It's Plinkett's style to joke about how dark he is, but the Olsen Twins thing is probably the most 'disgusting' thing he's done. He doesn't do anything like that again.

Stick with it, you'll probably enjoy the rest of the review. He makes a lot of good points about the film. And also offers you a pizza roll. You like pizza rolls, right?

• @GaryCXJk said: In my opinion, the one thing that ruined the fourth Indy film was expectations. Or rather, high expectations.

Yes! If only you think movies will suck, they'll be only sllightly less than mediocre! You'll go out of the theater feelling elated!

BUT!

I think we can take this farther. I think we should go into the movie theater suspecting someone you're going with of a murder plot. When you exit the theater without a gaping knife wound in your side, no matter HOW the movie was, you can feel the ZEAL OF NEW LIFE!

I think this doesn't even have to apply solely to films. We can apply this to books(I opened Twilight, and there wasn't a hornet's nest in there! What a fantastic experience!), plays(nobody snuck a real gun in with the prop guns and went on a killing spree? Fantastic!), and relationships(sure she rejected me, but she didn't try to claw my face off!). Thank you, GaryXwhateverwhateveretc, for thanks to you, I've found a new way to take less-than-mediocre experiences and make them valuable, by assuming the world will only ever produce shit.

@GaryCXJk said: Watched to the part five minutes in where he wanks off to the early Olsen twin movies. Was good until exactly then, but seriously no need to continue if there's even the remote chance that this stuff continues. :mad:
    Quit being a sheltered little girl.

• @Rather Dashing said: Quit being a sheltered little girl.

Just out of curiosity, what degree of seriousness is there to this comment? Are you just being frivolous, or are you actually criticizing Vainamoinen for supposedly 'sheltering himself'?

• @Hayden said: Just out of curiosity, what degree of seriousness is there to this comment? Are you just being frivolous, or are you actually criticizing Vainamoinen for supposedly 'sheltering himself'?

I think it's silly to be actively offended or angered by it. I personally think the joke is unfunny, overlong, and stupid, but having some sort of righteous indignation about it just seems stupid.

• @Darth Marsden said: Stick with it, you'll probably enjoy the rest of the review. He makes a lot of good points about the film. And also offers you a pizza roll. You like pizza rolls, right?

We have no idea what a pizza roll is. Here in Germany.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

@der_ketzer said: We have no idea what a pizza roll is. Here in Germany.

E-mail him at his webzone and he will mail you a pizza roll. Then you will know.

Add Comment