User Avatar Image

Possible BTTF Season 2 ideas/speculation/suggestion

posted by itssas83 on - last edited - Viewed by 24.5K users

ok first things first, I have made this page in hopes of gathering some reasonable suggestions to making the possible BttF: Season Two more enjoyable, not so everyone can post whats been said a million times about the puzzle difficulty, so here goes...

Make Puzzles more Complex/Fun/Creative/Etc.. (its said, moving on...)

One thing I been thinking about a lot these past few days is Jurassic Park, and how it will be the first game that Telltale will give you the option, or misfortune, of dying. I was thinking that we can incorporate a similar concept into the BttF series, which i would like to call "Caught Scenes". In the next paragraph I take 2 examples of this concept and explore possible scenarios from season one.

1931, when you and Doc are getting ready to jump into the Delorean, Officer Parker walks up and tries to put an end to the fun. Well what if you failed to get the keys and jump in the Delorean in time, and Parker catches you. Would he shoot/arrest you and Carl Sagan, altering the future forever?

When you are back in 1931 hiding behind the tree, what would happen if you failed to lure your alt self away from that tree? "Caught Scene" begins of you coming face to face with your alternative self, breaking rule #1 of time travel, causing irreparable damage to the time space continuum?!?!

personally i have found that if your not allowed to generally suffer some type of consequences for your actions, and puzzles essentially play on a harmless loop, the game just becomes repetitive and kinda boring. As a BttF fan, i think this would also be an exciting and safe way to explore the consequences of time travel and paradoxes etc. without having to have it play into the actual storyline. this alone could lead to some really exciting ideas.

as we know from the "its a wrap" video, telltale listens to us at the forums and values our opinions. this is a great chance to give our two cents, for whatever it might be worth! even if they use just use one or two suggestions everything can make a difference!

607 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I just hope that they keep Marty as the main character. If it turns out to be something like the Animated Series, where the main characters were Doc's kids, I won't even waste my money on it.

• @bobber56 said: I just hope that they keep Marty as the main character. If it turns out to be something like the Animated Series, where the main characters were Doc's kids, I won't even waste my money on it.

HA! Marty not being the main character! That's a good one!

However I wouldn't mind multiple characters such as playing as the future Martys. Season 1 was all about exploring Doc's character and past. Now it's Marty's turn so I say we will be seeing is past and future. This could go for some serious character development and that's why I think the sequel will be way better than the first.

• @Back to the Future345 said: OK here's my thoughts for episodes 6 and 7. It will start off with Marty and doc flying into the year 2025.They then go to the same day that Griff vandalized the time machine.. Which might have caused the paradox involving the 3 Marty's. While Marty and Griff are fighting Edna steals the time machine and goes to the year 1967. After getting rid of Griff in a hover board scene they head home to 1986. They then see that time line is even more messed up because Edna shows off the time machine and gets rich enough for her and kid to take over hill valley. Marty and Doc then travel to 1967 and find out that she shows off the time machine to her younger self after she gets out of jail. Right when Young Edna is about to show off the time machine Doc temporarily disables the time circuits. She fails and goes to an asylum because people think she is carzy. Just as the credits roll Marty starts to fade out of existence.

Episode 7- Marty quickly looks at the picture of his family and see's that he's the only one fading out of the picture. He then finds out that George was reporting Edna's time travel discovery the same night that George and Lorianne had Marty. Marty ends up convincing George and Lorianne to have another kid. He succeeds but then him and Doc gets arrested for disarming the Edna's time machine. 1967 Doc finds out his old friend Marty is in trouble and breaks them out of jail. As they head back to 1986 Doc fades out of the delorean and Marty lands back in 1986 and sees that the delorean turned back into a regular car.

That's my thoughts for the first 2 episodes in season 2. I'll post more ideas soon

I think thats a fantastic story 1. It's like the films and the second reason is that story would have way more action scenes which makes the game more epic which is something you need to make a succesfull back to the future product, I thought there was way too much time walking around in 1931 in season 1 which ruined it for me so this looks like time travel, time travel and more time travel.

• I would love for Uncharted type gameplay. The movies are adventure movies. While this is an adventure game, they do not share the same qualities unless it is an action adventure. The insane platforming and stealth of Uncharted 3 mixed with some of the puzzle elements of this game would be a perfect fit.

• @Tornreaper said: I would love for Uncharted type gameplay. The movies are adventure movies. While this is an adventure game, they do not share the same qualities unless it is an action adventure. The insane platforming and stealth of Uncharted 3 mixed with some of the puzzle elements of this game would be a perfect fit.

Yes but not with all the guns and falling throught roofs or that would be over the top but yes uncharted style would be perfect

• @yoman45135 said: Yes but not with all the guns and falling throught roofs or that would be over the top but yes uncharted style would be perfect

Yeah gun play would not suit BTTF. But I disagree with there not being over the top platforming. I was thinking that they could ripoff the train scene for Uncharted 2 with the time train lol.

Anyways , do you think it's possible that the other Martys are from different timelines?

• As much as I loved this season, there is one thing that would have made it better.

• @Tornreaper said:

Anyways , do you think it's possible that the other Martys are from different timelines?

They have to be, they even say they are

• @Michael J Fox is Canadian said: They have to be, they even say they are

What about timelines that we have already seen? It seems (IMO) that a time traveler doesn't catch up with the timestream unless they either die or change them from time traveling in the first place. That's why Doc turned into FCB. That's why Marty doesn't recognize the timeline changes because although it's part of his timeline he never experienced it. If Doc still traveled though time then he would be with Marty and have no idea that he runs Hill Valley.

So it makes sense. If some changes result in Marty traveling through time then the change will not affect them.

My guess is the second Marty is part of our final timeline and the forth is maybe part of the "Hell Valley" timeline. I'm not so sure about the blue one though.

• @Tornreaper said: What about timelines that we have already seen? It seems (IMO) that a time traveler doesn't catch up with the timestream unless they either die or change them from time traveling in the first place. That's why Doc turned into FCB. That's why Marty doesn't recognize the timeline changes because although it's part of his timeline he never experienced it. If Doc still traveled though time then he would be with Marty and have no idea that he runs Hill Valley.

So it makes sense. If some changes result in Marty traveling through time then the change will not affect them.

My guess is the second Marty is part of our final timeline and the forth is maybe part of the "Hell Valley" timeline. I'm not so sure about the blue one though.

Doc changes into FCB because Doc has spent over two decades away from his timeline. He's not the same age as FCB n 1986.

Isn't the blue Delorean Marty the one who marries Tiff Tannen? Kind of weird for him to end up with his step sister.

Think of it this way;
    -Lone Pines 2015 Biff goes back to 1955. We see him in 1955 during what is now the biffhoric timeline (where it's implied he doesnt live until 2015). In the eastwood timeline he could get another time machine and go back to 1955 again and we have the same scenario.

The reason those 3 marty's show up at that specific time is that it's the earlier they can show up without preventing the critical 1931 trips. All 3 of them were likely that 1986 Marty at some point in their timelines. The timelines skewed at some point

Add Comment