User Avatar Image

'Coming Soon To PC'

posted by stuxmusic on - last edited - Viewed by 348 users

When is soon? I find it odd that you wouldn't release all platforms at the same time, but I find it stranger still that the PC releases aren't your primary concern, considering it's where Telltale began. Still, any word on when?

35 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Sometime in early 2012. Maybe January?

And yeah, the fact that Telltale seems to slowly be giving preference to iOS over the PC troubles me too. I can understand why they're doing it from a business perspective, but it still doesn't sit well. Partially because I'm a PC gamer, and partially because iGames tend to be...well, simple, casual stuff.

• Damn igamers! A POX ON ALL YOUR iTHINGS!

• I will pop in and disagree with the fact Telltale started on PC meaning they should preference it. The market's changed over the past seven years, and where the PC once thrived the iOS devices now take up the casual gaming sphere and that's the market Telltale seems to get the most profit out of.

• @Ribs said: I will pop in and disagree with the fact Telltale started on PC meaning they should preference it. The market's changed over the past seven years, and where the PC once thrived the iOS devices now take up the casual gaming sphere and that's the market Telltale seems to get the most profit out of.

Im not hating on TTG. I just want to play L&O now. :P

• @coolsome said: Im not hating on TTG. I just want to play L&O now. :P

You stole the words from my mouth! Give them back!

• My problem with Telltale focusing their games for iOS isn't that it feels like they are abandoning their PC roots, it's more that their iOS focused games seem to be, well, worse. It could just be a coincidence but all their newer games are simpler and easier than their old ones, and they really don't feel like they were made with the PC in mind *cough*Jurassic Park*cough*.

If they're making more money off iOS than PC then bully for them, but this is not the same Telltale I knew and loved.

• @Woodsyblue said: My problem with Telltale focusing their games for iOS isn't that it feels like they are abandoning their PC roots, it's more that their iOS focused games seem to be, well, worse. It could just be a coincidence but all their newer games are simpler and easier than their old ones, and they really don't feel like they were made with the PC in mind *cough*Jurassic Park*cough*.

If they're making more money off iOS than PC then bully for them, but this is not the same Telltale I knew and loved.

I agree. I don't think it's a coincidence that BttF was both the first Telltale game to have a proper iPad release and the start of Telltale's apparent downward spiral.

I'm not trying to blame iOS for Telltale's change, nor am I saying Telltale should ignore iOS, but it's clear changes are happening over at Telltale, and not for the better.

• Hmmm... I kind of think that they just had it ready for iOS in time, and wanted to beat the 'end of year release' they'd promised. A port will take a bit of time.

As they'd already delayed Jurassic Park this year, and missed the release for The Walking Dead.

• Yeah what sup with the game not being released all at once? First off its alot better to play TTG adventure games on the PC. Ive been playing Sam & Max when Lucas Arts originated the game since the early 90s. Its also a shame that they never released Full Throttle 2. TTG should bring back Full Throttle as they did with Curse of Monkey Island and Sam & Max.

Add Comment