User Avatar Image

Filming a New Project

posted by Silverwolfpet on - last edited - Viewed by 759 users

Hi everybody!

I'm seriously thinking of starting a new series, oriented towards a more TV-ish type of show (30-45 minutes = 1 episode). What genre would you be interested in seeing?

I'm talking from a serious, 100% original-idea, point of view. Aiming at good acting here, not tributes or parodies

Action/Adventure (Indiana Jones, National Treasure, Lethal Weapon, Speed etc.)

Sci Fi (Doctor Who, Star Trek, The Matrix, Blade Runner, Brazil, Men in Black etc.)

Drama (What dreams may come, E.R., American Beauty, Good Will Hunting, Leaving Las Vegas, The Graduate, Philadelphia etc.)

Thriller/Horror (The Silence of the Lambs, Memento, Scream, Jaws etc.)

Murder/Mystery (Sherlock Holmes, Poirot, Murder She Wrote etc.)

Family Film (oriented towards kids) (Shrek, Flipper, It’s a Wonderful Life, Mary Poppins etc.)

Comedy (Ghostbusters, Pretty Woman, Young Frankenstein, Little Miss Sunshine etc etc.)

Musical (Sound of Music, Sweeney Todd, Disney Movies etc.)

I'm not touching Fantasy from now on for a looong time. I've had it with pointy ears and letting my beard grow for 2 months!

You can choose one of the above and explain your choice in a post. Also, I am allowing for multiple choices due to the fact that some movies are between comedy and sci fi...or thriller and adventure...you get the point.

In the poll I will "split" Action/Adventure, just to see which one would you prefer more... Like and action oriented comedy...or an adventure oriented Family Film... bla bla, start voting!

I'd really like to know your opinion. This will not affect the "Ask a Monkeyologist" series or "Sea For Two". Those are just hard to make and take a whole lot of time. Really!

125 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I want to go back to the whole Guy in car hypothetical. The Car suddenly enters a parallel dimension made of explosions, and the car explodes him back to the regular universe where he is left with his legs exploded off, so he has no way to drive home.

Or:

He takes out a stack of paper clips from his jacket pocket, but it turns out they are actually designed to kill him! They instantly spring out and stab him.

Or:

He's 400 feet tall, and crushes anyone and anything else on the road. He eventually trips and falls onto a large cell phone tower, which pierces his heart, but before he dies he is able to acknowledge that his life sucked in an oscar-worthy moment.

In short: I took the prompt at 'this is something now assume it isnt what you assume it should be'

• Hey guys!

Thanks for all the feedback. I finished writing the episode guide for the Series, making sure to implement every single little feedback you guys shared with me. Thank you!

Here's the news post: http://silverwolfpet.com/2011/08/scifi-pre-pre-production/

If you have any questions, let me know!

You guys really support me and I just want to say that I really appreciate it.
    Every. Single. Day.

Thank you! ^.^

• Just a quick heads-up:
    http://www.indiegogo.com/New-SciFi-Series?a=242492&i=addr

We opened up a funding-thingie on that site (at the recommendation of Haggis). We have no idea if it will work but it's something to look forward to while filming the Doctor Who Tribute!

Please spread the word around (with the link, of course). Who knows, maybe Spielberg will see it, haha!

...actually, that WOULD be awesome!
    Thanks guys!

• Haven't been around for a while but u should try www.kickstarter.com if you need a budget to get your project really started. people can donate there within a period of time.

You're doing great so far SWP :-) hope to see more of your projects soon.

• Someone should donate $2,000 and make an episode called 'Planet of the Farts' where it's an hour of people farting

• I think that would run out of gas rather quickly, But if there was ever a spoof called Gone With The Wind, that would be good....

• Or "a Silverwolfpet's guide to the galaxy" :)

• @Trackah123 said: Haven't been around for a while but u should try www.kickstarter.com if you need a budget to get your project really started. people can donate there within a period of time.

Already tried there. If you're not American they won't help.
    Not to mention "Romania" is nowhere to be seen as a "Where are you from" answer. (I may be wrong though...)

You're doing great so far SWP :-) hope to see more of your projects soon.

Oh, thanks man! ^.^ That makes me happy!
    I'm a bit worried about the Doctor Who Tribute since I really wanna make it as epic as possible without ruining the characters/plot.
    There's only so much I can do with a camera and some lights... and sooo much more I have in my head. Heh.

@Trackah123 said: Someone should donate $2,000 and make an episode called 'Planet of the Farts' where it's an hour of people farting

o.o

I may delete that perk.

@Trackah123 said: I think that would run out of gas rather quickly, But if there was ever a spoof called Gone With The Wind, that would be good....

I may SURELY delete that perk.

@Trackah123 said: Or "a Silverwolfpet's guide to the galaxy" :)

*Deletes perk*

• Well just take it 1 step at a time, work in layers. And you should be fine :)

i did the same with a DJ videoclip i edited in the studio, was lots of work but eventually you'll get there.

btw i sent you a PM :)

• Just so you guys know, a new project has started. :)

You might wanna check it out, in case you haven't already. ^^

Add Comment