User Avatar Image

Steam Sale Spotlight

posted by Chyron8472 on - last edited - Viewed by 46.2K users

Hereupon exists a place to discuss current Steam Spotlight deals and your opinion of the games' value and/or the sale price.

4.9K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Both Puzzle Agent games available for $3.73 US, which is a good deal :).

• @Darth Marsden said: Civilization franchise - 66% off

This isn't accurate, it's only Civilization V and its DLC that are 66% off.

@Darth Marsden said:
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution (+ DLC) - 66% off

God fucking dammit. What a time to not have $16. =/

• Oh god.

They picked the "beat the christmas levels in one go" achievement for Super Meat Boy.

I am NOT attempting that achievement for anything less than a valve complete pack.

• As a side note, $5 for New Vegas is amazing and people who don't own it should really consider it. It's a great RPG, has tens of hours of content, and some really amazing writing(it's Chris Avellone, after all, the man is a GOD among RPG writers). Playing on Hard with Hardcore Mode on creates a really solid experience that I'd recommend to anybody.

• Anyone played Universe Sandbox and can tell me if the game is any good or not?

It looks like Ill get it and Puzzle Agent 2.

• @Gman5852 said: Anyone played Universe Sandbox and can tell me if the game is any good or not?

Universe Sandbox isn't a game so much as it is...well, what it says it is. It's a physics simulator. There aren't goals, points, or anything like that. You load up universal models or build your own and see what happens if you, for example, increase the mass of the earth by double or you set two galaxies on a crash course. It's fun to dick around with but you do have to realize that there really isn't much there.

I took tons of screenshots when I played, so there's an idea of what the experience is kind of like.

• @Rather Dashing said: As a side note, $5 for New Vegas is amazing and people who don't own it should really consider it. It's a great RPG, has tens of hours of content, and some really amazing writing(it's Chris Avellone, after all, the man is a GOD among RPG writers). Playing on Hard with Hardcore Mode on creates a really solid experience that I'd recommend to anybody.

That is tempting :) He DID make Planescape: Torment, which is my fav RPG of all time.

• ...anyone want 4 coal, some coupons, and a Vintage Stockbroker's Scarf for the 'Honest Hearts' fallout DLC? :P

• The Civilisation V Game of the Year Edition is about the same price as getting all the DLC alone here in the UK
    (So I ended up getting that with Puzzle Agent 2. Can't complain personally, as I got Civ 5 for ridiculously cheap a little after it came out. This basically balances it out)

EDIT: It appears getting the GOTY edition just adds all the DLC to the current Civ 5 installation.

This is actually good in my opinion, as I have the Mongols retail DLC, and I was worried I couldn't Ghengis Khan the shit out of everyone.

Plus I don't have to redownload the whole game.

• To anyone that has a spare Puzzle Agent 2, Ill trade it for The First Templar:Steam Special Edition.

Add Comment