User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 23.1K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • SBCG4AP, Secret of Monkey Island, and Tales of Monkey Island.

• Almost done with Hero Mode in Skyward Sword, and just got started with The Minish Cap. Not sure if I'll go ahead and try to finish Mass Effect 2 yet or not.

• @GaryCXJk said: The ones I actually want though are World Adventures (extra WooHoo options, plus No Jealousy and No More Bills lifetime rewards) and Night Life (drums and piano). I already have Generations and Ambitions, and Pets is still too expensive, even when they come out with huge discounts.

World Adventures is unplayable until you get Pets or the 1.26 Patch. I can't remember which fixed all the issues that the previous EPs caused to the poor title. :(

• American McGee's Alice on the PS3. Anyone else tried it? The controls are really quite bad compared to the PC version. The number of missed jumps I've had because of them is very frustrating.

• @Zeek said: World Adventures is unplayable until you get Pets or the 1.26 Patch. I can't remember which fixed all the issues that the previous EPs caused to the poor title. :(

The 1.29 patch isn't a problem, since I have the Steam version which auto-updates anyway, regardless of whether I want it or not. Pets automatically came with patch 1.26 anyway, so the game had to be at least patched to that version to prepare the game for the EP.

EDIT: Just finished the Blackwell Legacy. Only need to go through the other two games now.

EDIT2: And now I've finished all three episodes.

• I am currently playing Safecracker: The Ultimate Puzzle adventure, but I am about to start Runaway: A Road Adventure :)

• @Darth Marsden said: American McGee's Alice on the PS3. Anyone else tried it? The controls are really quite bad compared to the PC version. The number of missed jumps I've had because of them is very frustrating.

wow yeah that is a horrible port. I remember saving alot back on the PC version but I spend more time in save management than playing that actual game with this version. Probably because I know the controls suck. If you can finish that game I salute you

Playing the heck out of Rayman Origins. Such a well designed game, collecting 300+ lums force you to pull of some sick moves and really show off the level design. The final level is utterly mental (Night of the Livid Dead). Thankfully its not frustrating in the same way Super Meat Boy isn't due to the small time penalty for death and frequent checkpoints

Also Pullblox (Pushmo) on 3DS. Awesome puzzler by intelligent systems which really uses depth perception to its advantage. similar block climbing to Catherine but really addictive and charming and has a crap load of content. And only a fiver on EShop

• Shinobi (3DS)

You know I like this game quite a bit.

It didn't get great reviews, because its a very old school game.

VERY old school!

You have to learn the patterns of enemies and bosses, the timings on the levels, and have some great platforming skills as this game will require you to use all of them.

Parry is VITAL. You have to learn to take advantage of it.
    Once you do, you can see the game has a kind of rhythm to it.
    (The design to levels are deliberately repetative, with a pattern that varies a bit here and there. Definately a speed run sort of game)

It is an arcade game at heart. Pretty faithful to its kin. Devil May Cry it is not.

And I'd say though it is hard, it is quite fair.
    Most of the time you fail because you messed up.
    Its not like Contra 4, where you don't see anything coming half the time, the enemies give you a chance to parry, dodge, jump or slide towards them.

Its already pretty cheap, (I got it at launch for £20!), but if you can get it cheap enough for you to feel comfortable with I recommend it.

• @RetroVortex said: Shinobi (3DS)

You know I like this game quite a bit.

It didn't get great reviews, because its a very old school game.

VERY old school!

You have to learn the patterns of enemies and bosses, the timings on the levels, and have some great platforming skills as this game will require you to use all of them.

nice I was thinking about getting Shinobi. Despite being a totally different game, sounds like it has that Dark Souls feel by forcing you to remember enemy patterns and punishing you for loss of concentration and rewarding patience. I love all that but I heard they are a bit stingy with lives and because of that it starts bordering on unfair. need to look into that because my 3DS seems fragile and demands care, not games like this

Add Comment