User Avatar Image

Dear Telltale, please ship Deluxe Editions in another box, not the actual Deluxe Box

posted by etcrane on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

So I really appreciated getting my JP Deluxe Edition in the mail today, I really appreciate that you met the mid-December shipping deadline and it's a great little Deluxe Edition.

My only concern is that you guys shipped it in the Deluxe Edition box, without any additional packaging. This is problematic for 2 reasons, first the shipping labels kind of ruin the box for collectors and not having an outer box leaves it a bit beat up going through the mail system. Secondly, there wasn't any tape or anything keeping the box sealed, while I appreciate this from a Collector's standpoint, if the box had been jostled during shipping or if someone had gotten curious between here and there, they could have easily taken anything and everything out of the box.

I know you guys try hard to keep your customers happy but please take my points into consideration for future Deluxe Editions. Thanks!

43 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Let me just say that Michael and the Telltale team are an awesome group of people. I had an issue with my order and he responded right away and went beyond the help I thought I would receive. Just wanted you all to know. :) I don't think any other gaming company in the industry caters this much to their fans in both the creative force behind the games they are making, the presentation of them, and then turning around and also taking part in some awesome customer service all the way through. Thank you very much.

• @scallenger said: Let me just say that Michael and the Telltale team are an awesome group of people. I had an issue with my order and he responded right away and went beyond the help I thought I would receive. Just wanted you all to know. :) I don't think any other gaming company in the industry caters this much to their fans in both the creative force behind the games they are making, the presentation of them, and then turning around and also taking part in some awesome customer service all the way through. Thank you very much.

I TOTALLY agree with you.. In fact, I'm worried about italian couriers :D:D

• It's things like this that make us worry about the box:
    http://youtu.be/DhmjJCBQ-cA

• Just received my copy (all the way in the Netherlands, wasn't expecting it so soon!).

I do appreciate the idea behind shipping it like this, in the Ingen-box, but I have to say that I prefer the traditional way of sending these packages. My box was pretty damaged. The seal wasn't broken though.

As for the contents: simply amazing. It all looks (and feels!) amazing. Probably your best Deluxe Edition yet. I love how high-quality everything is. The field guide is probably my favorite thing, lots of pages, and the cover feels great. I'm looking forward to reading all of that later tonight. The map/brochure is great as well, looks just like something you might actually get when visiting Jurassic Park.

Great job everyone. All of this really makes my excited for future Deluxe editions. Can't wait to see what Walking Dead, King's Quest (some sort of book full of legends like KQ6 had, surely?) and Fables (and Law & Order?) will offer. I'm one happy fan, that's for sure!

Edit: Really interested in the phone message. Calling it from here would be a little insane though, so hopefully someone will upload it to youtube!

• Received my copy today - the contents of the box are of a really high standard, but as with other users I was very disappointed in the outer packaging.

The seal was broken - which I assume was down to UK customs being a touch suspicious of something stating genetic technologies. But the box itself was in terrible condition, as it looks like it was kicked across the floor and crushed under other products. There is large damage to one corner where it seems to have been dropped and the whole package is very dirty and scuffed.

This is especially disappointing as the box forms an integral part of the collectors edition and the whole thing looks very shabby. I understand the idea of sending it the way it was, but I would have liked the option to have it in another box as I would have rather had a pristine copy that was perhaps lacking the sense of wonder instead of the tatty looking copy that I have now

• I live in England and mine arrived today! The box was pristine, and I loved the fact that it was shipped in an InGen branded box! Very authentic. My neighbour took delivery of as I was out, and dropped it in earlier today. My neighbour was very intrigued and asked who InGen were!! Thanks for such prompt delivery, Telltale! Happy New year everyone and happing gaming.

• I loved the surprise of getting an official InGen box in the mail! I'm a pretty finicky collector, but the usual grime and scuff from shipping that the box was subjected to didn't break my heart. Rather, it made the delivery and unboxing authentic.

That said, it really would be nice to have a mint condition box as well, but I enjoyed the experience of receiving an official InGen-branded kit (and the questions it raised from my office mailroom!)

• I have to agree with the OP: I was on holiday and a neighbor accepted the box for me; the seal was broken and he claimed it was delivered to him like that (the box's contents are complete), but it's impossible for me to know if he got curious and opened it, or if the seal was broken during shipping.

Apart from that, the box got damaged slightly, with scratches on the top, bottom and side.

I, too, appreciate the idea of getting send an INGEN box which adds to the excitement. But perhaps a box around the original box, with INGEN logo's, might be a better idea for any future shippings. Just to keep the original safe and undamaged.

• @paulmcgrath13 said:

The seal was broken - which I assume was down to UK customs being a touch suspicious of something stating genetic technologies. But the box itself was in terrible condition, as it looks like it was kicked across the floor and crushed under other products. There is large damage to one corner where it seems to have been dropped and the whole package is very dirty and scuffed.

That thought crossed my mind as well: customs being worried about the contents. Might be why my seal was broken as well. As for the contents: I love them, great job!

• @sebastiaan.raats said: International buyer here, and reading this, now I'm REALLY worried about my box being covered in labels from customs and the like.

I have customs and postman notes :(

Add Comment