User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 201K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Johro said: I keep seeing the word "Brownies". Maybe it's because I like chocolate, maybe it's because I grew up with the original series which really no guys watched. I have never seen this new series and am completely in awe of how strong of a male audience it actually has. I have never seen it, so I can't judge, if you like it, good for you....but no man I've ever met followed the original series.

I tried watching it one time because of all of the Internet dudes that can't seem to get enough of it and let me assure you, this grown male My Little Pony following thing is as weird as you assume it is. I can say that it did seem like it was better written then some kid shows (not intentionally dumbed down, etc,) but it's still pretty clearly a little girl's show aimed at little girls. It's not like it's full of secret adult references or complex storylines. I certainly don't get it.

• @Scnew said: I tried watching it one time because of all of the Internet dudes that can't seem to get enough of it and let me assure you, this grown male My Little Pony following thing is as weird as you assume it is. I can say that it did seem like it was better written then some kid shows (not intentionally dumbed down, etc,) but it's still pretty clearly a little girl's show aimed at little girls. It's not like it's full of secret adult references or complex storylines. I certainly don't get it.

Pretty much. As far as little shows for girls go, it's better in that the characters actually have conflicts and differentiation beyond what clothes they wear, but it's a particularly shallow children's cartoon with a garish visual style to it.

• Truly the best counter to MLP is Ren and Stimpy.

• @Jen Kollic said: The computer hardware makes up the city in ReBoot, the people aren't just the software, they're also filetypes and functions. It's all a bit fuzzy, especially when the internet is involved. Whatever, I love it anyway.

Oh no don't get me wrong, the girl in that show was my first crush.

Disturbing.

• I'm in a huge fuckin slump. Nothing's really wrong, persay, but I've lost my passion for life, my verve, my drive, my special bellyfire.

• @lovetodo22 said: I'm in a huge fuckin slump. Nothing's really wrong, persay, but I've lost my passion for life, my verve, my drive, my special bellyfire.

That feeling is called boredom. There are two solutions: You can either try to occupy your time with something or just embrace it and continue life being unimportant and ignored.

• Get into a steamy romance with someone.

• @StrongBrush1 said: just embrace it and continue life being unimportant and ignored.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY0jeTTfSns

This discussion has been closed.