User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 14.9K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Civilisation V

Been playing it on a fairly easy difficulty level, and I've been having a blast.

This time I played as Kamehameha! :D

I like this guy a lot. His perk is that units can embark on the ocean with no penalty.

This is just great on a island or continents based map, as it makes settling much easier, as my units can get around the map easier.
    Even better is that later on, if you get into combat, it makes moving units across the ocean easier as well.

Though my strategy is definately Technology superiority.
    Get lots of cities, upgrade them a lot, focusing on tech, avoid combat (till later on at least, since my superior tech gets me nukes and bombers earlier, which are so devastating! >: D)
    I didn't even need to destroy those 2 nations, but I did it anyway for the hell of it.
    (I even callously nuked my friendly neighbouring city state of Quebec because the Americans pushed their forces there, so that they could declare war on me.
    I gave them the chance to not declare war, but they did, so I eliminated most of their army in 1 turn with the nuke! BWAHAHAHAHAAA!!! Then I just eliminated the weakest nation which was nearby America, set up camp. Then sent Bombers (Stealth Bombers quickly afterwards), there to bomb the hell out of the cities, capturing them one by one (but also sending a small backup army to the other side to divide their defence, as well as another nuke to cripple their resources and growth))

Victory was assured by about 2020 AD.

• WarioWare Inc. Mega Microgames (beat it)
    Space Quest II - Vohaul's Revenge VGA
    Space Quest VII - Vohaul Strikes Back
    Fallout: New Vegas
    Super Mario 3D Land (beat it with four stars)
    The Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword
    Donkey Kong Country Returns
    Super Mario Galaxy 2
    Costume Quest
    Final Fantasy VII
    The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time 3D
    Silent Hill 2
    Psychonauts
    Zenonia
    Crayon Physics Deluxe
    L.A. Noire

I'm alternating.

• The Wonderful End Of The World

• I've just finished Psychonauts - and yes, I actually managed to complete the Meat Circus!

• Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii) and LEGO Harry Potter 360). Now that I finished Arkham City (PS3) I'll probably start the God of War: Origins collection.

• Switching between Minish Cap on 3DS, Link to the Past on Wii Virtual Console, and Mass Effect 2 on PS3.

• @Secret Fawful said:
    Space Quest II - Vohaul's Revenge VGA
    Space Quest VII - Vohaul Strikes Back

There has to be a point where even the immensely stubborn go... "okay, maybe I should try needlepoint or something". How much vengeance can this guy have?

• Anything but Skyward sword...*Sigh* I love LA NOIRE...but...but...I should be playing zelda.

• @lattsam said: I've just finished Psychonauts - and yes, I actually managed to complete the Meat Circus!

Which version of Meat Circus new or old because they basically took out all of the challenge in the Update they released on steam a while back.

• I hope,i had understand this Tread XD

Ummm,i currently play this Games:

Sam and Max - Hit the Road
    Baphomets Fluch ( english title: Broken Swort ) 1-3
    Obscure 1-2

Add Comment