User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 187.2K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • ...why doesn't Link have feet?

• @Johro said: ...why doesn't Link have feet?

Perhaps his feet got stuck in a trap and he used his sword to free himself ...

• @Iryon said: Perhaps his feet got stuck in a trap and he used his sword to free himself ...

Or maybe Link is hanging up his adventuring sword and shield and becoming a guard. Everybody seems to be getting bummed in the gob lately. It's the kewl thing 2 do.

• @Iryon said: Perhaps his feet got stuck in a trap and he used his sword to free himself ...

Works for me...Though he isn't very menacing anymore... a slight shove, a stiff breeze, his own backswing...and he's going down. Almost as useless as cartoon Link.

• @Zeek said: Shout! Factory spoiled me with their Definitive Edition of the series.

I got that for my birthday, but I still haven't watched it yet, I should get around to that sometime. I'd heard that has similar sound problems to the Anchor Bay S4 DVD in that the voices are slightly deeper due to the PAL-NTSC transfer, have you noticed that at all?

• @Jen Kollic said: I got that for my birthday, but I still haven't watched it yet, I should get around to that sometime. I'd heard that has similar sound problems to the Anchor Bay S4 DVD in that the voices are slightly deeper due to the PAL-NTSC transfer, have you noticed that at all?

It's actually the reverse. The PAL versions of Season 4 were sped up from the original soundtrack when the two movies were released initially. The DVDs produced by Shout! Factory have them running at the proper speed so that everyone sounds correct and consistent in all their copies.

The only error they had was that the pre-orders of the package had a damaged Disc 1 for Season 1's commentary and menu.

• @Zeek said: It's actually the reverse. The PAL versions of Season 4 were sped up from the original soundtrack when the two movies were released initially. The DVDs produced by Shout! Factory have them running at the proper speed so that everyone sounds correct and consistent in all their copies.

Really? I could have sworn that the voices sounded slightly too deep on my copy of the Anchor Bay DVD, they're definitely slightly deeper when compared to my S3 DVDs. But as long as the Shout! Factory ones are fine, that's all good!

This discussion has been closed.