User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 186.6K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Vainamoinen said: I don't get it. It's the Fountain of Youth team, but you're not animating for their main game, just for the half-teasering "festive minigame"?

I'm working for Screen 7 full time. Even my own personal game is being developed under them. So if they ever need my help with animating FoY, I'm readily available. I'm working on other large projects under them full time, though.

Really, I just posted about the game because I managed to finish something I'm proud of, and I wanted to share that. Considering I ruined my chance at working on A Tale of Two Kingdoms, was on the Picaroon team and ruined every thing I ever did there, and ruined more than one other projects in the past due to my poor responsibility, this reflects a change in me that I'm extremely proud of.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

"Poor responsibility" meaning you didn't finish the job?

And what does "full time" mean - these are still non-for-profit / unpaid projects, right??

• @Vainamoinen said: Quiet, or I'll tell everyone that you only ever received one infraction. If that doesn't kill your reputation, nothing will. :rolleyes:

/edit: I just recognized that I can't infract admins or fellow moderators. Damn, that takes all the fun out of it. I should be able to give Mike an infraction for this:

But Alan "Party Pooper" Johnson gave me an infraction once, too! It was for disrespect or some fascist bullshit like that.

• @Vainamoinen said: "Poor responsibility" meaning you didn't finish the job?

Poor responsibility meaning I barely even did the job.

And what does "full time" mean - these are still non-for-profit / unpaid projects, right??

Actually, I'm working on one commercial project. My own project is freeware, as is FoY, and there will probably be more commercial projects in the future from them too.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Comrade Pants said: But Alan gave me an infraction once, too! It was for disrespect and I will never do stuff like that again.

FIXED.

@Comrade Pants said: Actually, I'm working on one commercial project. My own project is freeware, as is FoY, and there will probably be more commercial projects in the future from them too.

All right, good luck!! And keep us updated. I'll get to your Indy soon - I actually already downloaded it.

• @Vainamoinen said: "FIXED." (Actually ruined by removing complaints about abuse of arbitrary authority.)

Actually fixed!

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Complaints and insults are NOT the same thing, Pants. Important difference. :D

But if you insist, I could try that "fix" again. ;)

• @DAISHI said: Be disgusted with the human being that I so obviously am.

Um ... OK

• That's twice now that my laptop screen has momentarily gone black when I've put my 3DS next to it. Granted, it does that just before the screensaver goes on, and the screensaver goes on after 15 minutes of idling, but still. OMG MY 3DS IS TRYING TO KILL MY LAPTOP.

Or it's just a coincidence. *shrug*

• @Rather Dashing said: Wait, you use a standalone DVD player and it's not because you own DVDs from other regions?

No. I haven't been watching DVDs much, but yes, my standalone DVD player used to be the only way to watch DVDs on my TV, before I got my Xbox. Keep in mind that this is an extremely recent acquisition. But even with that considered, I've done pretty much all of my DVD viewing on my computer for a while.

This discussion has been closed.