Menu
User Avatar Image

Kingdom of Sorrow

posted by exo on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

Infamous Adventures (guys who remade KQ3 originally), recently released their SQ2 remake and anounced a King's Quest game based somewhat on the Kingdom of Sorrow novel.

http://www.infamous-adventures.com/home/index.php?page=kos

Think I may be more excited about that game then this one. Likely won't have the production value of Tell Tale, but it looks like it may 'feel' a lot more like a traditional sierra game.

Too bad the guys at AGD Interactive aren't doing it though - they seem to have the best grasp of the aspects of KQ games that I enjoy.

56 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • SQ2 remake offers three options I think... Text + no speech... (no timeout), text + speech (timeout), and Text + no speech (no timeout).

I think they said something similar would occur in KQ3 Gold Edition and all future versions.

• @Chyron8472 said: In KQ6, if speech and text were both turned on, each text box timed out shortly after the corresponding speech ended. If speech was turned off, then the text box would remain until a mouse button or key press was made. I imagine KQ5 is the same.

IA should follow suit in their KQ games.

I'm pretty sure that KQ6, in its original form, did not offer text + speech at the same time, nor did KQ5. This was the case with most Sierra games at the time unfortunately. The ScummVM team did, however, add the feature to KQ6 and SQ4 -- maybe that's what you're thinking of?

• @Chyron8472 said: Oh! Well, try to sound more like Dominic Armato next time. :D

I know, right? That's kind of a tall order, though!

Bt

• @KuroShiro said: I'm pretty sure that KQ6, in its original form, did not offer text + speech at the same time, nor did KQ5. This was the case with most Sierra games at the time unfortunately. The ScummVM team did, however, add the feature to KQ6 and SQ4 -- maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Okay, then yes. I checked that on DOSBox, and it turns out you're right.

In any case, I think IA should still use my aforementioned suggestion for their games.

• @KuroShiro said: I'm pretty sure that KQ6, in its original form, did not offer text + speech at the same time, nor did KQ5. This was the case with most Sierra games at the time unfortunately. The ScummVM team did, however, add the feature to KQ6 and SQ4 -- maybe that's what you're thinking of?

Space Quest IV actually intended to allow this ability--there were graphics in the menu for having "Both" speech and text selected. Until ScummVM came along, though, the only way to activate it in the final game was through a bug ("unanticipated feature"?) in Hz. So Good. Go figure.

• Or NewRisingSun's SQ4 CD patch. Which is the best verison of SQ4 out there.

• I would like to know if there is any sort of artificial dealine that has been set for this project.

To be honest, I'm somewhat impatient for it to be released. :)

• No, there's no deadline. Just it will be done when it's done. I have no idea when that will be.

Bt

• @Blackthorne519 said: No, there's no deadline. Just it will be done when it's done. I have no idea when that will be.

Bt

When it's a week away from release, we'll announce it. ;)

• Is there any words when KQ3 gold edition is coming out?

Add Comment