User Avatar Image

The Last Item You Purchased?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 45.3K users

What was it? Whether it was a packet of chips, a video game, a CD, a magazine, a gun, a flower, a yacht or an island, post it here.

My most recent purchase was a CD - Dream Theater's "Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence".

5.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @puzzlebox said: My next plane ticket. $1800 to fly halfway round the world... for 4 days.

$1800 could buy you a very entertaining four days if you stayed put! ;)

• @WarpSpeed said: $1800 could buy you a very entertaining four days if you stayed put! ;)

Yeah! You could start by - wait, is this a vice filled four days or boring and puritanical?

• @Comrade Pants said: Yeah! You could start by - wait, is this a vice filled four days or boring and puritanical?

Isn't there a middle ground where you cover every historical site of importance in a single country during four days? Because that's what I'd do. No time for vice when you're too busy sprinting to the next attraction.

• @Alcoremortis said: No time for sobriety when you're too busy sprinting to the next attraction while drunk and otherwise enhanced.

Fixed that for you.

• mini-tripod. New camera is a little light and rounded for my liking.

• unit%20files%20box.jpeg
    I ordered it last year for £12.99, but it arrived today.

• F.3.A.R., through Green Man Gaming, for £4.99. Let's see anyone else find it for Steam at a cheaper price.

• User Avatar Image
    puzzlebox Telltale Staff

@WarpSpeed said: $1800 could buy you a very entertaining four days if you stayed put! ;)

Heehee. :D

My older brother is getting hitched, no way would I do it otherwise. Actually I'm kind of sad that he and his fiancee didn't tell me not to get them a present. Given that I have to drop that much money on the flight, and they already have my fridge and crockery from when I lived in Australia, I'd have thought that might be enough. I love my brother dearly but my pockets have limits. :P

In fact I find the whole concept of wedding gifts increasingly outdated. The original idea was to give young couples a hand with setting up house, which is totally cool. But a lot of couples live together before marriage these days, and/or get married much later in life when they've already been living independently for several years, and therefore already have their house stuff sorted. More people seem to be asking for nothing, or say to kick in for the honeymoon or even donate to a charity if you must get them something. Hooray for progressiveness and changing with the times.

Today I overheard a woman say, "I'd only consider getting married for the presents." Totally serious about it. Um, yay... a good excuse to wangle stuff out of your closest family and friends? :/

@WarpSpeed said: Yeah! You could start by - wait, is this a vice filled four days or boring and puritanical?

I can't believe you even need to ask this of me. :)

@WarpSpeed said: Isn't there a middle ground where you cover every historical site of importance in a single country during four days? Because that's what I'd do. No time for vice when you're too busy sprinting to the next attraction.

Not a bad idea! Although for such a trip I'd choose somewhere like Liechtenstein (62 sq mi) rather than Australia (2,969,907 sq mi) - I just don't sprint quite that well.

• @puzzlebox said: Not a bad idea! Although for such a trip I'd choose somewhere like Liechtenstein (62 sq mi) rather than Australia (2,969,907 sq mi) - I just don't sprint quite that well.

I'm thinking you'll need a helicopter....

Add Comment