User Avatar Image

Nintendo 3DS

posted by Dragonite87 on - last edited - Viewed by 9.2K users

Hi Guys

What do you think about the 3DS. Is it awesome or absolute rubbish.

Mod Edit

As per suggestion, here's a list of everyone's Friend Codes for the 3DS culled from 70-odd pages of posts.

flesk: 3668-7300-2634
Irishmile: 4167-4638-8175
Harold B: 5284-1418-3404
JedExodus: 1289-8200-5637
Jen Kollie: 3652-1134-0177
Secret Fawful: 5198-2523-2237
The Highway: 3695-0084-8559

If you don't want your code here, or it's changed, let me know and I'll update this. - Darth Marsden

1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Looks like the Binding of Isaac might make it to the 3ds, supposidly, the religious aspect is being checked over with nintendo right now, but if thats good, this could be an eshop game!

It would also contain some DLC that adds 50% more content, dunno the name.

• @Gman5852 said: Looks like the Binding of Isaac might make it to the 3ds, supposidly, the religious aspect is being checked over with nintendo right now, but if thats good, this could be an eshop game!

It would also contain some DLC that adds 50% more content, dunno the name.

It's called "Wrath of the Lamb". It adds roughly 50% more content to the game at every level, including new bosses, alternate levels, new types of rooms(including "The Library", where you can exchange one book item for another book item), etc. It'll be roughly $3 on Steam and close the book on Isaac, once it's released he'll never work on the game again and it will be considered done.

• @Shadowknight1 said: I've had it since launch and I haven't had a problem finding something to play on it, nor have I had any trouble with the hardware itself. Not sure I'm seeing what you mean by finicky.

And I will admit on the software part that I was helped by the fact that I never had a DS, so at launch I grabbed up some DS games I'd wanted.

Well, when I tried it out the 3d only worked when I held it at a pretty precise angle, which became uncomfortable quickly. Could just be my screwed up eyes though.

And I certainly wasn't saying that there's a lack of good games for the DS -- there's tons of great stuff. I was saying that there's really not many good games that are 3DS exclusive. There's the standard Mario and Zelda stuff, but after that it falls off pretty quickly.

• I had a 3DS for Christmas and I'm really enjoying it. Mario 3D Land is wonderful, Mario Kart as fun as ever, Sonic Generations not as good as the main version but still enjoyable, Super Street Fighter IV beautiful on the small screen. The only stinker so far is Resident Evil Mercenaries, which just doesn't work very well.

RE the 3D display. It does require a fairly precise angle and made me feel sick when I first started using it. After a while you get used to it but I still have to turn it right down every now and again.

Hopefully over the next 12 months it'll start to see some great exclusive games coming to it that use 3D to their advantage. I'm hoping for a really good (or at least quite decent) Star Wars title. Perhaps an X Wing vs Tie Fighter-style game.

• Omg a new 3D multiplayer x-wing vs tie fighter would be so amazing..... And long overdue.

• I got Freakyforms today, and I just love it.
    Brilliant good creative fun! :D

Here's some characters I made:

iyejnl.jpg1zb4dp5.jpgoa1w0o.jpgne7vxd.jpg157eydi.jpg

• @RetroVortex said: I got Freakyforms today, and I just love it.

Tinypic is a terrible image host and you're a terrible person.

See exhibit A.

• @RetroVortex said: I got Freakyforms today, and I just love it.

iyejnl.jpg1zb4dp5.jpgoa1w0o.jpgne7vxd.jpg157eydi.jpg

What the heck is it about? All I remember is making your own characters.

I got pushmo and thats a nice little puzzle game though.

• @Gman5852 said: What the heck is it about? All I remember is making your own characters.

I got pushmo and thats a nice little puzzle game though.

Well its basically like Drawn-to-life.

You create characters, and scenery ect. Then you run/fly/drive around with your creations finding other creations, and getting little quests from them, then doing those.
    You eat food that produces either eggs or poop, and at the end of each timed session (it has a time limit that extends occasionally), you crack open the eggs and collect coins and the occasional additional accessory, or character (that you use the coins to buy, and then use for parts).

Its a simple game, meant for kids, but I find it fun making things! :D
    (You can save your creations to your SD card with barcodes that allows others to import it to theirs)

Its better than Spore at least! XD

(Everything is better than Spore...)

Here's a good review
    http://3dsware.nintendolife.com/reviews/2011/11/freakyforms_your_creations_alive_3dsware

• All I ever play on my 3DS are the Ambassador games.

Add Comment