User Avatar Image

Possible BTTF Season 2 ideas/speculation/suggestion

posted by itssas83 on - last edited - Viewed by 27.2K users

ok first things first, I have made this page in hopes of gathering some reasonable suggestions to making the possible BttF: Season Two more enjoyable, not so everyone can post whats been said a million times about the puzzle difficulty, so here goes...

Make Puzzles more Complex/Fun/Creative/Etc.. (its said, moving on...)

One thing I been thinking about a lot these past few days is Jurassic Park, and how it will be the first game that Telltale will give you the option, or misfortune, of dying. I was thinking that we can incorporate a similar concept into the BttF series, which i would like to call "Caught Scenes". In the next paragraph I take 2 examples of this concept and explore possible scenarios from season one.

1931, when you and Doc are getting ready to jump into the Delorean, Officer Parker walks up and tries to put an end to the fun. Well what if you failed to get the keys and jump in the Delorean in time, and Parker catches you. Would he shoot/arrest you and Carl Sagan, altering the future forever?

When you are back in 1931 hiding behind the tree, what would happen if you failed to lure your alt self away from that tree? "Caught Scene" begins of you coming face to face with your alternative self, breaking rule #1 of time travel, causing irreparable damage to the time space continuum?!?!

personally i have found that if your not allowed to generally suffer some type of consequences for your actions, and puzzles essentially play on a harmless loop, the game just becomes repetitive and kinda boring. As a BttF fan, i think this would also be an exciting and safe way to explore the consequences of time travel and paradoxes etc. without having to have it play into the actual storyline. this alone could lead to some really exciting ideas.

as we know from the "its a wrap" video, telltale listens to us at the forums and values our opinions. this is a great chance to give our two cents, for whatever it might be worth! even if they use just use one or two suggestions everything can make a difference!

612 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • It is not the most important thing but I think they should add some cizitens walking around because Hill Valley felt like a ghost town most of the time.

Also some more delorean chase scenes and stuff.

• @yoman45135 said: It is not the most important thing but I think they should add some cizitens walking around because Hill Valley felt like a ghost town most of the time.

The Soup Kitchen guy wasn't enough for you? :rolleyes:

I do agree with you though. Aside from the occasional car that goes by, the town was pretty much dead; although it didn't help matters that you couldn't go inside most of the stores and were limited in terms of movement within Hill Valley.

• @Martin McFly said: The Soup Kitchen guy wasn't enough for you? :rolleyes:

I do agree with you though. Aside from the occasional car that goes by, the town was pretty much dead; although it didn't help matters that you couldn't go inside most of the stores and were limited in terms of movement within Hill Valley.

Food for thought though, that confuses things more (which some think is good, others do not like). Adding more areas and objects which are not required to advance would make it harder.

• There is something in the game that I don't understand.

When he returns to 1985 and it has become a police state, then that means that Doc would have never built the time machine, yet the machine is still there and is able to be fixed by Doc #2. Shouldn't it have disappeared?

• @bobber56 said: There is something in the game that I don't understand.

When he returns to 1985 and it has become a police state, then that means that Doc would have never built the time machine, yet the machine is still there and is able to be fixed by Doc #2. Shouldn't it have disappeared?

It's true it is a game error but most people say the reason the time machiene is there is because it is a duplicate so the original time machiene if it was still around would of disappeared but the duplicate doesnt for some random reason. :confused: :confused:

(Also it is not 1985 it is 1986)

• Having now completed BTTF I think it's good that more BTTF is on the way. I think the (visual) hint system was pretty crap. The audio hint's were good without being too obvious. I'm not sure the new BTTF stuff should be more complex, I think Telltale got it about right. The visual hint thing must be overhauled. Oh yeah, there were a few bugs in the Expo - I floated between floors in the home of glass (and got stuck, having to quit and start again) and the diver / Doc still tells Marty off even though he had run off in an earlier scene. The graphics are good even on my low-spec laptop.

• @Faceslasher said: Maybe the quality could be upgraded, to Jurassic Parks standard, but other then that then that's what the game will look like.

Im happy with that as long as it is a bit more polished
    with the current graphics everyone either has big heads or are hunchbacked
    Jurassic Park graphics would work a lot better.

• i don't care what the story is... just make another season so i can spend 4 straight days beating it all

• @yoman45135 said:

(Also it is not 1985 it is 1986)

Good point. But it's still confusing.

I also would like to have a chance in season 2 to drive the Delorean, and I would like to see what happened to the time travel train.

• @bobber56 said: Good point. But it's still confusing.

I also would like to have a chance in season 2 to drive the Delorean, and I would like to see what happened to the time travel train.

Yes I agree I would like the time train to make a appearance

Add Comment