User Avatar Image

The "whatever's on your mind" thread

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 91.7K users

One of the things that's great about this forum is its randomness. Well, this is the epitome of it: a thread for whatever random thought happens to be passing through your mind.

For example, I've just been struck by the most random craving for Taco Bell nachos.

38.4K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • ppl, stop going on and on about deleting this thread. If it were deleted, there would just be another one to replace it. Since it will therefore not be deleted, asking mods to do so is getting old and boring.

• You're getting old and boring, like this thread.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@GuruGuru214 said: puzzleban.png

All right, which of you mods is up for an experiment. Because I suspect it can't be done. I can't even infract you guys (or the admins), why should UBB allow us to ban whoever we want?

• What expiriment is this? You want me to ban you?

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

I wanted to be the experimenter, not the victim experimentee (all right, that's not a word).

@Comrade Pants said: However, seeing as how there are all of three human females on this forum an Puzzlebox is the pretty one (tags confirm) then we'd be remiss to dismiss her.

Awww, there are more. So many more. Out of the blue, I'd name divisonten, Mermaid, Veronicanplay, crfh, cherie, Alcoremortis, GinnyN...

...and others. Many just don't tell. ;)

/edit: FORUM DOWNTIME APPROACHING. SEE YOU IN AN HOUR!

• My dad just found a Asus GTX 460 in a skip.
    Yeah thats right. A GTX460 GDDR5 1GB, that a company just threw away.

If it works, then its the find of the year!
    I mean, the thing looks like its never been used either. Practically mint!

It had a tag on it that has been ripped off, so no clue what its like.
    Just need to find a PC to test it on, and the only candidate that may work is the arcade machine.

Maybe some disgruntled employee marked it as dodgy to collect from the bin later, or the company is on a contract, and they get new stuff periodically and they just throw old stuff away.
    (Which may actually be more likely. My old man has found some good stuff that still works great, but is relatively old. Companies don't want to resell stuff (or maybe legally can't...) so they just chuck it in a skip and move on)

If I get a new PC, and this card is working, then I could buy another one, and SLI it!
    XD

EDIT: Aaaand we have no computer to test it with.

Two problems:

1. I don't know if my arcade machine can do 16x PCI-e
    It may do as the pins are the same,but it would be unusual since its a Pentium 4

2. The PSU doesn't have the connectors, and even if it did, I don't think it would be powerful enough to handle it.
    (Even if the card at max, would be tested by mere Dreamcast emulation)

Oh irony! Thou aret a spiteful cow! XD

• @Vainamoinen said: All right, which of you mods is up for an experiment. Because I suspect it can't be done. I can't even infract you guys (or the admins), why should UBB allow us to ban whoever we want?

There's actually a warning in the vBulletin documentation about not accidentally banning yourself. I'm pretty sure it can be done.

• @GuruGuru214 said: There's actually a warning in the vBulletin documentation about not accidentally banning yourself. I'm pretty sure it can be done.

I would sooo ban my self If I could.

This discussion has been closed.