User Avatar Image

Batman thread

posted by ryannumber1gamer on - last edited - Viewed by 11.6K users

With Batman Arkham City coming out yesterday (uk) and the 18th of October (usa) and with me finishing it yesterday i throught it would be cool to open a batman thread so go ahead and say anything you want about batman you can talk about the games comics movies anything batman you can even make reviews of it ill start

Review of Batman Arkham Asylum

Story - The Joker breaks out of arkham and lets Batman capture him and bring him back but as Batman thinks it was too easy and thinks Joker is up to something he is proven Right as Joker takes control of arkham and kills many guards unleashes all of the inmates with the help of Harley Quinn and the inmates being killer choc Scarecrow and more of the villians from batmans past and with the pain of the riddler who makes batman solve all his riddles..its gonna be one big night for the dark knight

Gameplay - just belive me this is one of the best comic book games and it feels like you really are the dark knight as you fight,do puzzles and solve riddles it is really good gameplay

Overall - it is one of the best batman games if not one of the best comic book games made and if you can i would say ether get it along with the sequel Arkham City or if you can find it just get it so Batman Arkham Asylum gets a 9.0

1.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Which movie will be better this year Dark Knight Rises or Dark Knight Returns. I think Returns cos I love that comic.

• @coolsome said: Which movie will be better this year Dark Knight Rises or Dark Knight Returns. I think Returns cos I love that comic.

I like the Year One comic, but the animated adaptation of that was...dull, uninspired. It depicted events faithfully, but not the execution. It took the moment-to-moment actions in the comic and made sure they were shown, but without paying attention to panel layout, lighting, etc. The whole thing felt...flat, boring, uninspired.

Dark Knight Rises will be the better film because:

1) Christiopher Nolan is a great film director
    2) It will be the first time Bane is done well outside of the comics
    3) Rachel Dawes is dead
    4) You will not have to deal with Rachel Dawes
    5) Rachel Dawes is in the ground and cannot return

• @Rather Dashing said: I like the Year One comic, but the animated adaptation of that was...dull, uninspired. It depicted events faithfully, but not the execution. It took the moment-to-moment actions in the comic and made sure they were shown, but without paying attention to panel layout, lighting, etc. The whole thing felt...flat, boring, uninspired.

Yh I was bored watching in most the time.

3) Rachel Dawes is dead
    5) Rachel Dawes is in the ground and cannot returnI agree with all 5 points but 2-5 most. :P But If done well Returns could be a really great movie. Also they need to get Harlan Ellison to do his cameo.

• @Rather Dashing said: I like the Year One comic, but the animated adaptation of that was...dull, uninspired. It depicted events faithfully, but not the execution. It took the moment-to-moment actions in the comic and made sure they were shown, but without paying attention to panel layout, lighting, etc. The whole thing felt...flat, boring, uninspired.

Dark Knight Rises will be the better film because:

3) Rachel Dawes is dead
    5) Rachel Dawes is in the ground and cannot return

I'm still skeptical about Bane. Nolan always depicts the villains (especially the main villain) in extremely different ways nobody has intended or never really wanted to use like so -for the price of depicting them realistically. Iunno if Bane can work that great like this, I mean, he'll only be a super-tactical-genius with a moderately good strength. I believe Nolan will ditch the use of Venom drug, like how he didn't use Lazarus Pits as a plot device in Batman Begins too. I felt a little dire as I've always though Lazarus Pits were kind of the THING of Ra's Al Ghul.

• Why does everyone hate Rachel Dawes?

• @MusicallyInspired said: Why does everyone hate Rachel Dawes?

Her lack of character development and her lack of character have been mentioned, but I feel like the biggest issue with Rachel Dawes hasn't actually been brought up.

Rachel Dawes is stable.

Rachel Dawes is many things to the Nolan Batman, including:

1. An anchor to sanity;
    2. A positive connection to his past;
    3. A stable relationship

Batman cannot have these things.

Look at Batman's history with love for a minute. Look at Selina Kyle. She's fucked up. Look at Talia. She's fucked up. Look at Poison Ivy, totally fucked up.

If anything shows the NEED for Batman to not have a stable love interest though, it's Mask of the Phantasm. "It doesn't mean I don't care anymore. I don't want to let you down, honest, but... but it just doesn't hurt so bad anymore. You can understand that, can't you? Look, I can give money to the city - they can hire more cops. Let someone else take the risk, but it's different now! Please! I need it to be different now. I know I made a promise, but I didn't see this coming. I didn't count on being happy. Please! Tell me that it's okay!"

Bruce's entire story arc requires being withdrawn form people, requires relationships that can't work in a conventional domestic sense, requires that he's at arms' length with almost every person in his life and one of the exceptions can't be a stable, romantic love interest. It breaks the character and breaks his arc.

And if he DOES need one, yes, it would be nice if she wasn't:

-Obnoxious
    -High and mighty
    -Completely lacking in flaws
    -Completely lacking in interesting features
    -Entirely there to fill specific plot roles
    -Really boring to listen to
    -Given stupid lines

• I want to collect her ashes, eat them, poo them out, then pee on them, then smear that on Batman's face.

Add Comment