User Avatar Image

Remake Jurassic Park and The Lost World (with Spielberg as Producer)

posted by Chariloe on - last edited - Viewed by 9K users

Somebody started a campaign that could actually be successful, but we need more people to participate.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Remake-Jurassic-Park-and-The-Lost-World-with-Spielberg-as-Producer/228708970475230

We must send letters to Universal (or e-mail the studio) and explain this brilliant idea:

If Universal is afraid to remake the JP movies (because of the Spielberg-fanboys who are so biased towards the original movie) then we have to convince Universal to GET SPIELBERG TO BE THE PRODUCER OF THE REMAKES. It might be the only way to convince the public that this project will be taken seriously.

"In Steve We Trust"

The posters for the remakes could even say: "STEVEN SPIELBERG PRESENTS" above the title, just like other movies he was only the producer of.

P.S.
If you don't like the term "remake," then just think of it as a "reboot" instead...because our motivation is more about the books than it is about Spielberg's films.

182 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Faceslasher said: You guys do know Stan Winston is dead right? And Michael is dead, and some of the crew are dead, the dinosaurs are gone. Nothing can be changed now.

Puppeteering and animatronics have pretty well died since Stan Winston and Jim Henson died.

• Hey guys, keep it nice here, okay? Opinions are awesome for being diverse, but don't jump at each other's throats, please.

• @Silverwolfpet said: Hey guys, keep it nice here, okay? Opinions are awesome for being diverse, but don't jump at each other's throats, please.

I'm not, I'm letting these guys know Jurassic Park cannot be remade without Michael and Stan alive. They are dead, Jurassic Park is dead.

• @Faceslasher said: I'm not, I'm letting these guys know Jurassic Park cannot be remade without Michael and Stan alive. They are dead, Jurassic Park is dead.

That's laughable. There are other speical effects teams out there you know? A remake of Jurassic Park is still a possibility. It just probably won't be with any of the original team involved. I just can't see Steven Spielberg being a part of a remake of one of his own films.

But to say that someone else at some time won't remake Jurassic Park is just silly. Have you seen all the remakes coming out recently? I have no doubt that Jurassic Park is standing in line as well.

• @waroftheworlds01 said: But to say that someone else at some time won't remake Jurassic Park is just silly. Have you seen all the remakes coming out recently? I have no doubt that Jurassic Park is standing in line as well.

Yeah, thats nothing I would consider being a good thing. Actually I really HATE that in Hollywood!

• @waroftheworlds01 said: That's laughable. There are other speical effects teams out there you know? A remake of Jurassic Park is still a possibility. It just probably won't be with any of the original team involved. I just can't see Steven Spielberg being a part of a remake of one of his own films.

But to say that someone else at some time won't remake Jurassic Park is just silly. Have you seen all the remakes coming out recently? I have no doubt that Jurassic Park is standing in line as well.

Jurassic Park can't be remade. Why do you want a remake? Hollywood is more worried about SOPA then they care about Jurassic Park. The only special effects team to make Jurassic Park famous was Stan and ILM. Steven is way too busy with other films, JP4 is the last stop on the train. Either you remake Jurassic Park yourself or continue boycotting. Steven will never touch Jurassic Park again.

• ILM is still around. And it is a job after all. I find it hard pressed that they would say no to working on a Jurassic park film, remake or not. And there are other directors who would more than likely love the idea of working on a Jurassic Park movie.

I wouldn't mind a Jurassic Park remake because, unlike yourself I assume, you think that remakes ruin the original when that actually couldn't be further from the truth. Believe it or not, there are people who haven't seen Jurassic Park. Remakes put the originals in the spot light again. Most people when they hear a movie is a remake they check out the original either before or after seeing the remake. And it's not like a bad remake causes the original to become a bad film itself as well.

Also, there's no harm in a remake when there's so much from the first novel that can still be adapted. I still think that a Jurassic Park two part, or three part mini-series should be made for the first and second novels. They would closely resemble the novels and it would be fun to watch.

You keep saying that becasue Winston is gone, because Crichton is gone, and because Spielberg is busy there's no way that Jurassic park can get back on its feet but in the end it's Universal's call. If they want Jurassic Park back, remake or otherwise, it's coming back with out Steven or not.

• I don't think it should be remade but the idea that a Jurassic Park remake couldn't be done because Stan Winston (or anybody else) is dead is ridiculous. You could have said the same thing about Willis O'Brien after King Kong, but they remade that. Twice.

I don't think the movie needs to be redone at all. But a big-budget miniseries that stays faithful to the books? There's a thought...

• @waroftheworlds01 said: ILM is still around. And it is a job after all. I find it hard pressed that they would say no to working on a Jurassic park film, remake or not. And there are other directors who would more than likely love the idea of working on a Jurassic Park movie.

I wouldn't mind a Jurassic Park remake because, unlike yourself I assume, you think that remakes ruin the original when that actually couldn't be further from the truth. Believe it or not, there are people who haven't seen Jurassic Park. Remakes put the originals in the spot light again. Most people when they hear a movie is a remake they check out the original either before or after seeing the remake. And it's not like a bad remake causes the original to become a bad film itself as well.

Also, there's no harm in a remake when there's so much from the first novel that can still be adapted. I still think that a Jurassic Park two part, or three part mini-series should be made for the first and second novels. They would closely resemble the novels and it would be fun to watch.

You keep saying that becasue Winston is gone, because Crichton is gone, and because Spielberg is busy there's no way that Jurassic park can get back on its feet but in the end it's Universal's call. If they want Jurassic Park back, remake or otherwise, it's coming back with out Steven or not.

Please tell me which remake actually was better then the original?

Lets remake BTTF by having Marty played by Eminem and Doc played by Snoop Dogg

• @BlankCanvasDJ said: I don't think it should be remade but the idea that a Jurassic Park remake couldn't be done because Stan Winston (or anybody else) is dead is ridiculous. You could have said the same thing about Willis O'Brien after King Kong, but they remade that. Twice.

I don't think the movie needs to be redone at all. But a big-budget miniseries that stays faithful to the books? There's a thought...

Stan made the puppets, stan directed the puppets. Stan is dead, steven is never EVER gonna touch Jurassic Park, google it. He said he is done with JP. Find another producer, I'll ring up Tommy Wiseau. He's an excellent director/producer.

Add Comment