User Avatar Image

Possible BTTF Season 2 ideas/speculation/suggestion

posted by itssas83 on - last edited - Viewed by 26.1K users

ok first things first, I have made this page in hopes of gathering some reasonable suggestions to making the possible BttF: Season Two more enjoyable, not so everyone can post whats been said a million times about the puzzle difficulty, so here goes...

Make Puzzles more Complex/Fun/Creative/Etc.. (its said, moving on...)

One thing I been thinking about a lot these past few days is Jurassic Park, and how it will be the first game that Telltale will give you the option, or misfortune, of dying. I was thinking that we can incorporate a similar concept into the BttF series, which i would like to call "Caught Scenes". In the next paragraph I take 2 examples of this concept and explore possible scenarios from season one.

1931, when you and Doc are getting ready to jump into the Delorean, Officer Parker walks up and tries to put an end to the fun. Well what if you failed to get the keys and jump in the Delorean in time, and Parker catches you. Would he shoot/arrest you and Carl Sagan, altering the future forever?

When you are back in 1931 hiding behind the tree, what would happen if you failed to lure your alt self away from that tree? "Caught Scene" begins of you coming face to face with your alternative self, breaking rule #1 of time travel, causing irreparable damage to the time space continuum?!?!

personally i have found that if your not allowed to generally suffer some type of consequences for your actions, and puzzles essentially play on a harmless loop, the game just becomes repetitive and kinda boring. As a BttF fan, i think this would also be an exciting and safe way to explore the consequences of time travel and paradoxes etc. without having to have it play into the actual storyline. this alone could lead to some really exciting ideas.

as we know from the "its a wrap" video, telltale listens to us at the forums and values our opinions. this is a great chance to give our two cents, for whatever it might be worth! even if they use just use one or two suggestions everything can make a difference!

607 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • the end result of the time train ends up getting changed; prior to the game we find doc has been away from the timeline for six months (either the past of the future) likely with the timetrain. At the end of the game we find he's been back all along. So in the present timeline the time train is presumably in 1986. We will never find out where it was in the original timeline.

  • i allso think there should be a game just based on the BTTF trilogy so we can re live the trilogy in game form ? as the ones that were on the nintendo and master system ect were not that good at all , maybe good in there time when they first came out but now in this day in age there not good lol

  • @Michael J Fox is Canadian said: the end result of the time train ends up getting changed; prior to the game we find doc has been away from the timeline for six months (either the past of the future) likely with the timetrain. At the end of the game we find he's been back all along. So in the present timeline the time train is presumably in 1986. We will never find out where it was in the original timeline.

    That depends. If Doc decided to take Clara to 1985 with Marty then he wouldn't have needed to make the time train. However if he didn't make it back with Marty then the time train exists.

    @Michael J Fox is Canadian said: i allso think there should be a game just based on the BTTF trilogy so we can re live the trilogy in game form ? as the ones that were on the nintendo and master system ect were not that good at all , maybe good in there time when they first came out but now in this day in age there not good lol

    That's a terrible idea. What makes the game so special is that it continues the series. Why would we want play something we already seen in a movie? Same goes for all movie tie-ins. They need to be a separate scenario.

  • @Tornreaper said: That depends. If Doc decided to take Clara to 1985 with Marty then he wouldn't have needed to make the time train. However if he didn't make it back with Marty then the time train exists.

    That's a terrible idea. What makes the game so special is that it continues the series. Why would we want play something we already seen in a movie? Same goes for all movie tie-ins. They need to be a separate scenario.

    Well there's no evidence that the events of the third film change at the end. Presumably doc is still stranded in 1885 until he builds the train. If he got back with Marty, the delorean likely would have still been destroyed and thus he would have no way retreiving the temporal duplicate in 2025.


    I wouldn't mind reliving the movies in game form, the problem is it wouldn't fit telltales point and click format as we'd know the answers to the puzzles.

  • @Martin McFly said: The Soup Kitchen guy wasn't enough for you? :rolleyes:

    I do agree with you though. Aside from the occasional car that goes by, the town was pretty much dead; although it didn't help matters that you couldn't go inside most of the stores and were limited in terms of movement within Hill Valley.

    The only problem with that is budget. Even if the background characters don't talk, each model costs money. Money that could be going towards new "sets".

  • @Shadowknight1 said: The only problem with that is budget. Even if the background characters don't talk, each model costs money. Money that could be going towards new "sets".

    Absolutely right which is why I found it to be a very minor problem. If a second season is created and the same problem is present, it won't drastically affect my opinion of the game. I only mentioned it because it was noticeable.

  • does anyone have any news when and if there will be a season 2 ? i need to know when telltale is going to start working on it

  • @marty mc fly 2015 said: does anyone have any news when and if there will be a season 2 ? i need to know when telltale is going to start working on it

    It's in your username! ;)

  • @marty mc fly 2015 said: does anyone have any news when and if there will be a season 2 ? i need to know when telltale is going to start working on it

    Very likely they will release info about season 2 at this years E3, but I am not sure so dont take my guess as a confirmed answer. :p

  • There should be a part in the game where he goes to a certain part of time and ends up screwing up everything he did in the movies. He still crashes into the Rolls Royce, he still ends up as a loser who gets insulted by the word chicken, George is still afraid of Biff, and Marty never went with Doc to 2015, which would result in Doc not going back to 1885 and he wouldn't have met Clara and his kids wouldn't have been born.

Add Comment