User Avatar Image

Possible BTTF Season 2 ideas/speculation/suggestion

posted by itssas83 on - last edited - Viewed by 26.1K users

ok first things first, I have made this page in hopes of gathering some reasonable suggestions to making the possible BttF: Season Two more enjoyable, not so everyone can post whats been said a million times about the puzzle difficulty, so here goes...

Make Puzzles more Complex/Fun/Creative/Etc.. (its said, moving on...)

One thing I been thinking about a lot these past few days is Jurassic Park, and how it will be the first game that Telltale will give you the option, or misfortune, of dying. I was thinking that we can incorporate a similar concept into the BttF series, which i would like to call "Caught Scenes". In the next paragraph I take 2 examples of this concept and explore possible scenarios from season one.

1931, when you and Doc are getting ready to jump into the Delorean, Officer Parker walks up and tries to put an end to the fun. Well what if you failed to get the keys and jump in the Delorean in time, and Parker catches you. Would he shoot/arrest you and Carl Sagan, altering the future forever?

When you are back in 1931 hiding behind the tree, what would happen if you failed to lure your alt self away from that tree? "Caught Scene" begins of you coming face to face with your alternative self, breaking rule #1 of time travel, causing irreparable damage to the time space continuum?!?!

personally i have found that if your not allowed to generally suffer some type of consequences for your actions, and puzzles essentially play on a harmless loop, the game just becomes repetitive and kinda boring. As a BttF fan, i think this would also be an exciting and safe way to explore the consequences of time travel and paradoxes etc. without having to have it play into the actual storyline. this alone could lead to some really exciting ideas.

as we know from the "its a wrap" video, telltale listens to us at the forums and values our opinions. this is a great chance to give our two cents, for whatever it might be worth! even if they use just use one or two suggestions everything can make a difference!

607 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @bobber56 said: There should be a part in the game where he goes to a certain part of time and ends up screwing up everything he did in the movies. He still crashes into the Rolls Royce, he still ends up as a loser who gets insulted by the word chicken, George is still afraid of Biff, and Marty never went with Doc to 2015, which would result in Doc not going back to 1885 and he wouldn't have met Clara and his kids wouldn't have been born.

Yeah that would make a paradox...

• @yoman45135 said: Yeah that would make a paradox...

Would a paradox really result in the end of the universe? That's the question.

But I would love to revisit parts of the movies. like we have to go back to November 12 1955.

• @Tornreaper said: Would a paradox really result in the end of the universe? That's the question.

But I would love to revisit parts of the movies. like we have to go back to November 12 1955.

Yeah that would be really intresting

• @yoman45135 said: Yeah that would make a paradox...

What do you mean?

• @bobber56 said: What do you mean?

In the film if a time traveller does something and then goes back in time and changes it, either the universe will explode or a alternative timeline will be created.

simply:

You went back in time to stop inventing your time machiene, if you stopped yourself building a time machiene how would you of got to the past.

thus a paradox happens.

• @yoman45135 said: In the film if a time traveller does something and then goes back in time and changes it, either the universe will explode or a alternative timeline will be created.

simply:

You went back in time to stop inventing your time machiene, if you stopped yourself building a time machiene how would you of got to the past.

thus a paradox happens.

I agree but there's already been 2 or 3 timelines where the time machine doesn't get invented (Biffhoric, FCB, burnt down hill valley) so I don't see why not. I wouldnt mind replaying more events from the film.

• My new succes criteria (Stars are the things which I find important.)

- All original actors to voice the people *

- A story which is not over the top but links to the end of season 1 *

- The game to have the graphics like jurrasic park but with more polish *

- More people around hill valley (Like the amount there is in the cut scene when marty arrives in 1931)

And most important... tell us when season 2 is out before E3 I dont want to wait that long :D

• By "All original actors", do you mean the actors from the movies, or just the cast from the first game?

• @Shadowknight1 said: By "All original actors", do you mean the actors from the movies, or just the cast from the first game?

the movies is a pipe dream. Lloyd and Wells are likely, Steenburger probably would if Clara were made a part of the game. Wilson is out, not sure about Lea Thompson (she seems to embrace the series though). With George, they wont get Crispin Glover and Jeffrey Weissman only had 1 line n the 'present' at the end of part III.

Wasn't the first season announced at E3 2010? I follow BTTF pretty closely and didnt hear about this game until august 2010 and of course we got our first episode in december.

• But Michael J. Fox could barely do his role in the game. A.J. will probably do it again. I already know Lloyd will be doing it. As for Crispin Glover and Thomas F. Wilson, probably not.

O.K., I have another idea. What if Doc and Marty go to the deep future, and discover it a wasteland because of some accident that happened it the eighties, and they have to go back and stop it from happening?

Add Comment