User Avatar Image

Nintendo 3DS

posted by Dragonite87 on - last edited - Viewed by 5.7K users

Hi Guys

What do you think about the 3DS. Is it awesome or absolute rubbish.

Mod Edit

As per suggestion, here's a list of everyone's Friend Codes for the 3DS culled from 70-odd pages of posts.

flesk: 3668-7300-2634
Irishmile: 4167-4638-8175
Harold B: 5284-1418-3404
JedExodus: 1289-8200-5637
Jen Kollie: 3652-1134-0177
Secret Fawful: 5198-2523-2237
The Highway: 3695-0084-8559

If you don't want your code here, or it's changed, let me know and I'll update this. - Darth Marsden

1.5K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @SHODANFreeman said: Please don't support more cheap cut and paste N64 ports.

This.

I don't know why I'm even bothering to try and explain this because you'll stubbornly call it a port no matter what, but it's obviously not a port. A port would be if they just put the N64 game on a 3DS cart. In which case, it wouldn't even be 3D capable. It's a remake with completely new graphics. And unlike Zelda, they went back and rerecorded the music(from what I understand) and the voice acting.

And I want to say that since the graphics are rebuilt from the ground up, it's not "cheap" as you say.

And I too support Majora's Mask 3D...but not before a new Zelda game. Though I don't see why we can't have both. The actual Nintendo Zelda team works on a new game, and Grezzo does Majora's Mask.

• @Shadowknight1 said: I don't know why I'm even bothering to try and explain this because you'll stubbornly call it a port no matter what, but it's obviously not a port. A port would be if they just put the N64 game on a 3DS cart. In which case, it wouldn't even be 3D capable. It's a remake with completely new graphics. And unlike Zelda, they went back and rerecorded the music(from what I understand) and the voice acting.

And I want to say that since the graphics are rebuilt from the ground up, it's not "cheap" as you say.

And I too support Majora's Mask 3D...but not before a new Zelda game. Though I don't see why we can't have both. The actual Nintendo Zelda team works on a new game, and Grezzo does Majora's Mask.

Here Here!

N64 games I'd like remade:

Diddy Kong Racing (Again! But properly without the bullcrap)
    Mario Golf
    Mario Tennis
    Pokemon Stadium (Or just a 3D pokemon with stadium built in. Would be great! :D)
    Super Smash Bros (rather have a Melee remake though)
    Sin & Punishment (covered by Kid Icarus kinda. Would like Wii sequel ported!)
    Space Station Silicon Valley (Not nintendo but a man can dream!)
    Paper Mario (true there is the 3DS game. But imagine how cool if they bundled all 3 Paper Mario's so far into a cart. I'd buy that in a heartbeat! :D)

Give me these Nintendo and Majora's Mask, and me love you long time! <3

!

Many people (myself included) enjoy playing older games in 3D. If you don't, then don't play them. Isn't being able to decide what games you play awesome?

• I don't mind the N64 ports, but I'm heavily biased because I love the N64.

POKEMON SNAP 3D. PLEASE. If only because I want to bean Pikachu with apples in 3D. I'm easily amused.

And I guess they could port Hey You Pikachu! using the 3DS's microphone feature. Wouldn't mind that either. To be honest, they could release every single Pokemon-related game on the 3DS and I'd buy them all. And roll in them.

• @Jen Kollic said: I don't mind the N64 ports, but I'm heavily biased because I love the N64.

POKEMON SNAP 3D. PLEASE. If only because I want to bean Pikachu with apples in 3D. I'm easily amused.

And I guess they could port Hey You Pikachu! using the 3DS's microphone feature. Wouldn't mind that either. To be honest, they could release every single Pokemon-related game on the 3DS and I'd buy them all. And roll in them.

OH YES! I FORGOT THAT ONE!

Give us Pokemon Snap 3D!

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!

(Even better would be a Pokemon Snap 2, with AR mode, Sharing of photos, and numerous new courses with new Pokemon in it!
    (Maybe even use the date and time on the 3DS to change what you can get at certain times! :D)

To make it perfect, include high scores, a co-op/competative mode, and maybe a explore mode which has a time limit, but isn't on rails.)

EDIT:
    Hey even throw in a advanced mode, with different types of bait/ traps, and film types.
    (So you'd get like 5 wide shots, 5 super-zoom shots, 5 anti-dark shots (so you get more shots in darker areas)
    Maybe a fishing rod to throw into pools of water too!

EDIT 2: Hey! Why aren't Nintendo hiring me already! XD
    I could single-handedly improve on so many of their great, lesser known games!

Oh world! Why are the simplest things in life the most complicated!

EDIT 3: Hey Nintendo! Give me some money, and a crew and I'll make ya some magic!
    Well... I'd certainly do better than Philips did....

• @RetroVortex said: (Even better would be a Pokemon Snap 2, with AR mode, Sharing of photos, and numerous new courses with new Pokemon in it!
    (Maybe even use the date and time on the 3DS to change what you can get at certain times! :D)

To make it perfect, include high scores, a co-op/competative mode, and maybe a explore mode which has a time limit, but isn't on rails.)

...oh man, I want that so bad. I would totally flood the internet with pictures of unconsious Pester Ball-d Pokemon.

• As awesome as a new pokemon snap game would be, it won't be anywhere near as awesome as the original is. On the principal that no-one cares about any post-151 pokemon. For me the whole "Oh wow, it's Gyarados!" of my youth will be replaced by "Oh look it's a Pokemon I don't recognize. Yay."

As for the whole port vs remake thing, Starfox 3D most definately isn't a port. And not because it has 3D effects (that's akin to the HD re-releases/ports such as Ico/shadow of the colossus). The completely revamped soundtrack and voices, new graphics, online-less multiplayer (that's the major turn off for me), save points etc. all point to it being more than just a port. Certainly not a lazy one either. If only OoT got that treatment (I really wanted a revamped soundtrack. Nevermind.).

And I too really want a Majora's mask 3D-make. If only so that I can actually finish it this time (the farthest I've ever gotten is to the fourth temple, about half-way through before getting bored/too busy.

• Why would you want to play an N64 game with mediocre cheapo texture upgrades and an awful eye destroying 3D effect?

Add Comment