User Avatar Image

Madisun's Arc - Reviews By Darth Marsden

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 4.6K users

Hey guys. This is a list of all the videos I've made for my review series, Madisun's Arc. They do get better as I go along, honest! I primarily upload these to Blip, since that lets you preload the videos and, if you use AdBlocker, there's no adverts, but most of the videos also have YouTube mirrors for those who can't use Blip.

Anyway, enough rambling.

There was a great big list of all my videos here, but then - surprise surprise - the new site came along and turned all the YouTube links into actual videos. Around 30 of them.

I spent around 20 minutes trying to change them all over to the new link format, only for it to straight up not work. So now you just get the one link, to my Blip channel - http://blip.tv/chrismadisun

Screw this site. Screw it with a rusty freakin' chainsaw.

461 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @JedExodus said: Looking forward to more of these, there will be more right?

Let's hope.

@JedExodus said: ...I still think I need more of a script, especially with the live-action segments so there's less pauses in them.

It would be good to have more of a script but in the end it comes down to what you want to do. Try the script if you don't like it at least you know that you don't. If you do like it more then your videos will become a lot better.

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Yes, there will be more. Been hard since family are staying over, but they're leaving today so I can focus on it this afternoon. Yay, I think.

If I have a script, there'll be less pauses and no cross-fades. So... script!

Thanks for the note about Audacity, I'll give it a go. And the next review will have a much shorter intro. So patience, young ones...

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Hey, remember that review I did? Yeah, that one sucked. This one's way better.

...well, it will be when it's finished. This is just a three minute preview I made so you can see my new style. See, having a script can be useful. Thoughts? Comments? Flames? Hit me.

• - I like the effects of a script. Sound was strange (but you noticed) and didn't handle your raised voice towards the end too well.
    - The red bottle behind you will be a running gag, woun't it?

- Another piece of obscure media I never heard of. Great.

• tut tut tut

Naughty Naughty!

Looks like someone's review style is influenced by a certain other reviewer who shall not be named.

I enjoyed what I saw though. Could be the start of something good.

Oh, and I've seen that Librarian film. I didn't think it was so bad; very cliche, a bit hammy in the acting, and a huge ripoff at points to a certain Lucas movie, (infact that might be 2 movies...), but the premise was interesting, and for a TV movie it was definately above par.

• Also: I have no idea why but you remind me of this:

BRTky.jpg

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Yay! Responses!

@der_ketzer said: - I like the effects of a script. Sound was strange (but you noticed) and didn't handle your raised voice towards the end too well.I have tried running it through a couple of filters, but nothing seemed to make much difference. Not an awful lot else I can do with it except lower the volume a bit more. :(
    @der_ketzer said: - The red bottle behind you will be a running gag, woun't it?...I forgot to move it. I did change what was on the other side of me though...
    @der_ketzer said: - Another piece of obscure media I never heard of. Great.It's not that obscure. I caught it on TV a couple of years back. Not hard to find if you look for it.
    @der_ketzer said: Looks like someone's review style is influenced by a certain other reviewer who shall not be named.

I enjoyed what I saw though. Could be the start of something good.Oh, the Spoony One? Yeah, he's a big influence. :p
    @der_ketzer said: Oh, and I've seen that Librarian film. I didn't think it was so bad; very cliche, a bit hammy in the acting, and a huge ripoff at points to a certain Lucas movie, (infact that might be 2 movies...), but the premise was interesting, and for a TV movie it was definately above par.It's not a terrible film, but the first half hour is incredibly rushed and there's some rather large plot holes. I'll get to them though. And yes, there's one particularly big rip-off from Temple of Doom. I do note that as well!

Thanks for the comments, guys. Much appreciated. Editing this thing is taking forever. I've been at this for 5 hours and I've got 10 minutes of gold, but there's still another 15 or so to go. Ugh. Who knew making decent video reviews would take so very long?

Now which one of you subscribed to me on YouTube? I'm flattered you think I'm subscriber-worthy, but I am gonna upload the full thing to Blip.TV, since it lets me have longer videos. Just so you know.

• @Darth Marsden said: Thanks for the comments, guys. Now which one of you subscribed to me? You can has a cookie if you own up.

the name of the channel is ketzerlino. I wonder what this could mean.:D

• User Avatar Image
    Darth Marsden Moderator

Hmm. Fine, cookie.

101.gif

Still uploading the full thing to Blip.TV though, FYI.

• @Darth Marsden said: the first half hour is incredibly rushed and there's some rather large plot holes. I'll get to them though.

You would have thought the first half wouldn't have been so rushed considering its a series.

Its kind of important for the character and situation to be well built up first before the action begins, as it allows the audience to invest in the characters and build up a suspension of disbelief.

Not having that just makes things like plotholes, inconsistencies, and bad logic stick out like a sore thumb.

Add Comment