User Avatar Image

Madisun's Arc - Reviews By Darth Marsden

posted by Darth Marsden on - last edited - Viewed by 5.9K users

Hey guys. This is a list of all the videos I've made for my review series, Madisun's Arc. They do get better as I go along, honest! I primarily upload these to Blip, since that lets you preload the videos and, if you use AdBlocker, there's no adverts, but most of the videos also have YouTube mirrors for those who can't use Blip.

Anyway, enough rambling.

There was a great big list of all my videos here, but then - surprise surprise - the new site came along and turned all the YouTube links into actual videos. Around 30 of them.

I spent around 20 minutes trying to change them all over to the new link format, only for it to straight up not work. So now you just get the one link, to my Blip channel - http://blip.tv/chrismadisun

Screw this site. Screw it with a rusty freakin' chainsaw.

462 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah, I know. How are we supposed to take Flynn (who totally lives, by the way) seriously as a credible character if we're given no time to get to know him before his circumstances completely change? I do bring that up a fair bit.

• @Darth Marsden said: Yeah, I know. How are we supposed to take Flynn (who totally lives, by the way) seriously as a credible character if we're given no time to get to know him before his circumstances completely change? I do bring that up a fair bit.

Plus he's the worst sort of protagonist.

One that pulls stuff out of his ass to solve a situation.

Which was fine with the A-team because it was followed by some cheesy over-the-top action scene so your mind was distracted.

And it was fine with MacGyver because those solutions were insane and interesting.

But it falls flat with this guy, since it rarely ever really leads anywhere, and just disrupts the pace.
    Its just like "oh.. okay..."

I think mostly the problem is the frequency.

The A-team did that sort of thing once or twice per episode.

This guy does it loads of times. In a row.

EDIT: TL;DR version: The whole "I read it in a book" thing is just lazy filler.

EDIT 2: And I've only seen the 1st film, but I imagine it just gets worse, and worse, and worse with each movie.

• You clearly don't remember the first film then! I do make a point of the fact that he leaves the book behind in Shangri-La. Oops! Wait to take care of a priceless historical artifact, Flynn!

If it does make a re-appearance in Return to King Solomon's Mines, then that's an even bigger plot hole, because the temple collapsed as they left. Best. Librarian. Ever.

EDIT: I've seen the second film. I don't remember a lot of ass-pulling, but I do remember the lead female character. I have an awful lot to say about her, and not a single word of it is complimentary.

Oh! And fun little fact: the 2nd and 3rd Librarian films are directed by Jonathon Frakes. Yeah, THAT one.

• Oh hey, that's funny since those are the two Librarian films I HATE.

• I thought the first one was sorta silly and an acceptable way to wile away an evening. I saw it as a bit of a mishmash of Indiana Jones and Doctor Who a bit, and wasn't really expecting much.

The second two I didn't like nearly as much (I think I slept through the third) simply because they made the Librarian powerful to the point where it hardly seemed like there was any suspense. The first one was fine because there was a balance, he was the brains but he needed someone else to take care of him and keep hm out of trouble. But then they gave him a sword and it just started becoming less interesting to watch.

• Probably. I was too lazy to look and see if I spelled it right. And honestly, I can't remember very much about the third movie. I sorta fell asleep in the middle of it. I like vampires, but for some reason I didn't find those ones interesting enough to stay awake for.

• Those were the most boring vampires ever. Also, the girl in the second movie is the lead love in Burn Notice. I despise her there too.

I've always wanted to see Indy take on Dracula, but not THAT kind of Dracula. Because holy shit that was a terrible Dracula.

• I really can't remember anything about those vampires. They weren't bad enough to be memorable (like the Twilight ones) nor were they good enough to be cool. They were just forgettable, like everything else in that movie.

Add Comment