User Avatar Image

'Coming Soon To PC'

posted by stuxmusic on - last edited - Viewed by 363 users

When is soon? I find it odd that you wouldn't release all platforms at the same time, but I find it stranger still that the PC releases aren't your primary concern, considering it's where Telltale began. Still, any word on when?

35 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Rocka3030 said: Yeah what sup with the game not being released all at once? First off its alot better to play TTG adventure games on the PC. Ive been playing Sam & Max when Lucas Arts originated the game since the early 90s. Its also a shame that they never released Full Throttle 2. TTG should bring back Full Throttle as they did with Curse of Monkey Island and Sam & Max.



    LucasArts has returned to their usual business plan of STAR WARS STAR WARS STAR WARS. It's unlikely we'll see any of their adventure IPs ever again. Hell, it's a miracle we even got Tales of Monkey Island and the Special Editions.

  • @RAnthonyMahan said: LucasArts has returned to their usual business plan of STAR WARS STAR WARS STAR WARS. It's unlikely we'll see any of their adventure IPs ever again. Hell, it's a miracle we even got Tales of Monkey Island and the Special Editions.



    Yeah ok, so where's Republic Commando 2? Battlefront 3? the next mind blowing Indiana Jones game? No where to be seen, hell, what has Lucasarts been up to?!

  • @EvilDeadFan said: Yeah ok, so where's Republic Commando 2? Battlefront 3? the next mind blowing Indiana Jones game? No where to be seen, hell, what has Lucasarts been up to?!



    LucasArts is barely a developer anymore. At this point they exist pretty much to hand out the Star Wars license to other devs. Aside from the two Force Unleashed games, I can't think of anything they've actually developed lately.

    And I'm guessing lately they've been working on The Old Republic. Well, as much as you can be working on a game you didn't actually develop. :rolleyes:

  • User Avatar Image
    RyanKaufman Telltale Staff

    @Rocka3030 said: Its also a shame that they never released Full Throttle 2. TTG should bring back Full Throttle as they did with Curse of Monkey Island and Sam & Max.



    YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!! :)

    I was lucky enough to be a tester on the first Throttle, and it is one of my favorite all-time games. First off, just releasing a port on iOS would be awesome. Such a great game.

    And I was the lead designer on FT2... I fell in love with the world and characters. Wish we coulda finished that one. :(

  • @RyanKaufman said:
    And I was the lead designer on FT2... I fell in love with the world and characters. Wish we coulda finished that one. :(



    Yeah, I remember you and Sean Clark giving a lecture about writing in games during those days...
    I think I am one of the few Lucasarts-fans who was actually waiting for Hell On Wheels: the multiplatform adventure-action mix sounded interesting to me. :)

  • @RyanKaufman said: YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!! :) Wish we coulda finished that one. :(



    Why don't you? That would be INCREDIBLE.

  • User Avatar Image
    jmm

    I find your lack of faith, erm... communication... disturbing.

    Throw us a bone here, I really want to get this game sometime "soon", but if "soon" is not "soon" enough, I believe a lot of folks will lose interest
    My interest is quite low right now, and fading due to the lack of information; Q1 is too vague and right now sounds more like April than Feb or March.

    Preemtive answer:
    I don't have an iDevice and I won't buy an iDevice to play a game (I don't like iDevices too)

  • User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

    As far as I know, Telltale doesn't sell PC games to Arrakis anyway. :D

  • The way it looks to me is that they are waiting until all the episodes are released for the iDevices before releasing them on PC/Mac which should then mean that they will release them all at once in one package. Hopefully anyway.

  • So is Law and Order: Legacies' "Coming Soon for PC" announcement pretty much the same as the "Coming Soon to iPad" announcement for The Devil's Playhouse, only in reverse? I.e., something hyped in advance that never materializes?

Add Comment