User Avatar Image

Does this game suck?

posted by supmandude85 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.2K users

I'm thinking of buying it, but is the game play as bad as Back to the Future or Jurassic Park?

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I haven't played it myself, but from what I've heard its gameplay is extremely limited. (And might I add, giving it an iOS release and slapping on "COMING SOON TO PC" kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth.)

I'm getting more and more scared about Telltale's future all the time. Prior to BttF I was praising them as the saviors of adventure gaming, but now it seems like they're changing for the worse. Hell, it's sort of gotten to the point where I actually miss BttF. It may have been a bad adventure game, but at least it was an adventure game.

I'm sorry for rambling, but I guess I miss the Telltale that brought us Sam and Max and Tales. BttF and JP have left me sort of jaded. I'm not bothering with L&O (though to be fair that's largely because I'm not interested in the license), and unless they get some good reviews I won't bother with The Walking Dead and Fables either. I will get the new King's Quest game, but that'll be Telltale's last chance for me. King's Quest is one of the classic IPs of the adventure genre, and if Telltale gives it the same lack of effort they did for Back to the Future and Jurassic Park...I'm just done.

• That's too bad, why would anybody ever make a detective adventure game without puzzles? That boggles the mind. Telltale, if you're reading this nobody likes the game play of your new games. They only buy them, because they have big names attached to them. Go back to your old ways, please.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Okay, any post beginning with "I haven't played it myself, but..." is obviously not a good read. Sorry.

• @supmandude85 said: That's too bad, why would anybody ever make a detective adventure game without puzzles? That boggles the mind.

It doesn't boggle my mind what so ever. How many real detective's solve puzzles to work out cases.

• @coolsome said: It doesn't boggle my mind what so ever. How many real detective's solve puzzles to work out cases.

Was that a joke? I'm not talking about puzzles like in Puzzle Agent, just things you have to solve in the game to figure out the case. You know, like an adventure game.

• The game is too linear for my taste, I mean you just press buttons and the game literally plays itself. Don't game designers nowadays realize that challenges are what gives a game substance and replayability? Oh and the graphics are incredibly bad, which destroys any hope of immersion into the game.

• @supmandude85 said: Was that a joke? I'm not talking about puzzles like in Puzzle Agent, just things you have to solve in the game to figure out the case. You know, like an adventure game.

I am not joking! Its not an adventure game. Puzzles are good and fun but it has to fit the series. You wouldn't play Cars and expect puzzles. I think it would work where you find evidence and find out if people are lying. Then do the court stuff.

• @coolsome said: I am not joking! Its not an adventure game. Puzzles are good and fun but it has to fit the series. You wouldn't play Cars and expect puzzles. I think it would work where you find evidence and find out if people are lying. Then do the court stuff.

Okay, I see what you mean. I should have said "a detective adventure game without any required thought whatsoever."
    @coolsome said: Bit dissapointed with these games so far.

No real interaction in the game.

It is just a story. The only playing involved is asking the right questions and using the right objection point.

Not worth the £1.99 I paid for it. I expected better from Telltale.

You don't even find anything for yourself. You just click on the questions and objections at the right times and judging by the difficulty of Telltale's latest games I can only assume is like Blue's Clues or something. In fact, Telltale should just make a game out of that.

• @supmandude85 said: Okay, I see what you mean. I should have said "a detective adventure game without any required thought whatsoever."

You don't even find anything for yourself. You just click on the questions and objections at the right times and judging by the difficulty of Telltale's latest games I can only assume is like Blue's Clues or something. In fact, Telltale should just make a game out of that.

Hey! The Blue's Clues point-and-click adventure was a classic.

• @supmandude85 said: Okay, I see what you mean. I should have said "a detective adventure game without any required thought whatsoever."

So unless its puzzles there's no thought? I haven't played L&O but detective games should play where you interview ppl find evidence guess who's lying that sort of thing. Maybe chase criminals and look for evidence. And the Law part where you say the right things and back it up like on the TV. It doesn't need puzzles cos its not an adventure game but that don't mean it has to be brainless and easy.

This discussion has been closed.