User Avatar Image

Best and Worst KQ game?

posted by Anakin Skywalker on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users

Which are the best and worst KQ games, and why?

173 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • The visuals and score (ie. non-singing background music) of KQ5 and KQ6 are both great. However, the puzzle design and animals' voice work in KQ5 are bad to the point of becoming embarrassing at times.

• For me, KQ5 speaks to the pinnacle of everything that KQ was always about. Free exploration, danger, adventure, a light-hearted but urgent story. And on top of that, the art and music is timeless and beautiful. Just awesome, in my book. I have no problem overlooking its flaws.

• This? Again? Haven't we been asked this question a thousand times?

I'm changing it up. The best and worst was MoE.

Bt

• @Blackthorne519 said: This? Again? Haven't we been asked this question a thousand times?

I'm changing it up. The best and worst was MoE.

Bt

What else is there to really talk about?

• My thoughts exactly. Anakin is attempting to foster conversation.

@Blackthorne519 said: I'm changing it up. The best and worst was MoE.

I don't even consider MoE as part of the core series. That is to say it's not KQ8 to me, just KQ:MoE.

I might acknowledge the existence of the MoE storyline if other games (eg. AGDI's KQ3Redux) refer to it, but I don't consider MoE when comparing KQ games to each other given the disparity in gameplay style.

• User Avatar Image
    exo

My favorite KQ game is King Graham's Board Game Challenge.

• @Chyron8472 said: My thoughts exactly. Anakin is attempting to foster conversation.

I don't even consider MoE as part of the core series. That is to say it's not KQ8 to me, just KQ:MoE.

I might acknowledge the existence of the MoE storyline if other games (eg. AGDI's KQ3Redux) refer to it, but I don't consider MoE when comparing KQ games to each other given the disparity in gameplay style.

I know he's trying to foster conversation, but really - some conversations don't need to be fostered. We've already had this topic, or varients of it, at least 10 times in these forums already, not to mention other forums.

It's beating a dead, dead, dead horse. Best and worst King's Quests? There's only 8 of them, and there hasn't been a new one in over a decade.... there are other things to talk about regarding King's Quest than just ranking them.

Bt

• Yeah, this topic has been asked and discussed and done several times here already. And no doubt begun by Anakin more than once, too, so...bring up something new!

Best and worst costume design in KQ, GO!

(waits for someone to inevitably say Graham for both)

• @KatieHal said: Best and worst costume design in KQ, GO!

Best: Rosella with princess clothes in KQ4.

Worst: Beast in human form in KQ6

• @Chyron8472 said: Worst: Beast in human form in KQ6

This must have been Telltale's inpiration for DeSinge.

Add Comment